• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Buying a S&W 340 PD.

DO IT!

But seriously it is a great little package. I carried one for years AIWB. And before anyone says anything.. learn how to shoot it and actually train and shoot with it. It is punishing until you ACTUALLY know how to use it.

Last edited:
DO IT!

But seriously it is a great little package. I carried one for years AIWB. And before anyone says anything.. learn how to shoot it and actually train and shoot with it. It is punishing until you ACTUALLY know how to use it.

Fully agree, I have a 337, almost same thing, but exposed hammer. I love it. I sold my Glock 27 years ago and bought this. Great carry piece, not a good range gun (recoil). But it's sooooo light!!!

It's a very nice carry piece. Extremely light... which also becomes a bad thing when you shoot it! ;^)
I love mine...and have named it "Nasty". Everyone I've let shoot it (with full power .357s), has thought that it was the correct name for it! 8^)

Good choice. When you get tired of the pain of shooting .357 magnums, the Gold Dot Short Barrel .38 +P's are excellent for carry.

very light and very powerful. It feels like clapping your hands together as hard as you can when you fire it.

Back
Top Bottom