Busted by my daughter!

I'm completely miffed at why your family members would be unaware you are carrying a gun. The main problem here is you're apparently excluding your daughter from important information that may save her life. Not a smart way to raise your children IMO.

Not actually sure why you are hiding the fact u carry from your imediate family anyway. My wife and son absolutely know I carry every time I leave the house. Getting my revolver is as natural as grabbing the car keys. As it should be. Why was your daughter "upset" when she found out? If you don't mind me asking.

My daughter wasn't upset that I was carrying, just that she thought that I wasn't giving her enough credit for deducing that's what I was doing. My wife doesn't know, or isn't saying, and I certainly don't want to tell her because she's anti-gun, and I guess it's been my thought that the fewer people who know the better.

I find that I'm carrying more and more, especially if I head to the city, as I can't imagine myself being unable to defend my family should the need arise.

you will know she is all growed up when she says "hey, im carrying too, want to see mine?" and pulls out a 9mm shield.

She already talks about what she wants to have: .22 lever action, Glock 17, but she'll need a smaller carry gun if she's comfortable with it, or at lest pepper spray (10% solution for bears and a**holes)

My daughter wasn't upset that I was carrying, just that she thought that I wasn't giving her enough credit for deducing that's what I was doing. My wife doesn't know, or isn't saying, and I certainly don't want to tell her because she's anti-gun, and I guess it's been my thought that the fewer people who know the better.

I find that I'm carrying more and more, especially if I head to the city, as I can't imagine myself being unable to defend my family should the need arise.
My bad then.....I read your post to say your daughter was upset about you carrying. As far as thinking the fewer people that know the better.....well......after a couple of years of carrying I stopped hiding it from friends and family.....I don't advertise it......but don't go out of my way to hide it........they all know and if it bothers them they quickly become a non existant part of my life. Lost contact with 2 "friends" because of my fire arms ownership and it is not a big deal. Guess I saying be ready to lose contact with some folks you know well once they find out.

I told my daughter several years ago about the fact that I own guns AND carry daily just to avoid having her discover it like that, but in public. If it were a surprise I felt that I wouldn't be able to control "how" she responded to the discovery. She is 12 going on 13 now and expects it to always be there so even though she constantly hugs me still (hoping that doesn't go away with the teen crap) she is careful not to expose me, and has actually fixed my shirt a few times when she noticed I was printing a bit.[smile] It was a big stretch for me because my wife was adamant about me hiding the fact that I even owned guns at all from her. I felt in my heart that it was the right/only choice to educate her despite my wife's fantasies about her growing up without knowledge of such things. I've read far too many stories of kids discovering loaded firearms on their own and getting injured, killed, or killing someone else to ever risk that with any of our kids. The boys are much older so it wasn't an issue with them, but having a younger child in the house I felt it wasn't an option NOT to teach her to have a healthy respect for firearms. Now I just have to convince my wife she's old enough to go to the range with me, but that's an obstacle for another day...

....my daughter....She is 12.....
I just have to convince my wife she's old enough to go to the range with me, but that's an obstacle for another day...

Regardless of the topic for **ME** over the 20+ years of marriage I have found it much easier to do what I want and apologize later if necessary than to ask for and receive permission from my wife.

Good luck, but don't come bi!ching to me if your wife divorces you :)

Regardless of the topic for **ME** over the 20+ years of marriage I have found it much easier to do what I want and apologize later if necessary than to ask for and receive permission from my wife.

Good luck, but don't come bi!ching to me if your wife divorces you :)

[laugh2]Yep, I've found that is the best way to roll with almost everything when you're married! Luckily my daughter knows better than to discuss it with or around mom.[wink]

My 5 yr old son outed me in front of our realtor... I reached up to play with some shades at a house we were looking at and he asked with a big smile on his face, "Hey daddy, what's that?"... Loud enough for the realtor to hear and pointing at my hip. She looked over but the holster was on the opposite side so I'm not sure if she saw it or not. Oh well, if she saw it she must not of cared because she didn't say anything and she continued working with us.

I had 4 of my daughters and 5 of my grand kids over last Sunday and my 26 yr old daughter gave me a hug.
She bumped my pistol with her arm and asked me, Is that a gun? Why do you need that at home? I said to protect all of YOU while your here. She smiled and said ok and didn't say another word about it.

You got a hug from your daughter, that's what count. Everything else is meaningless.

I just tell people that it's a gun shaped cellphone, in a holster shaped cellphone holder.

13 and still hugging? You're doing something right. :)

[thumbsup]

[cerberus];4002216 said:
not at all what I was expecting when I started reading.

Ew!

I'm amazed they still have turnip trucks....

And that a 13 year old knows that line. Has she ever eaten a turnip? Have you? Has anyone here? They are hard as rocks, or is that kolrabi?

Few weeks ago I went on a group hike up in the Lakes region...one of the ladies came over and gave me a pretty good hug, her hand found my pistol. I just looked at her and said "Yup, Im just glad to see ya" .
On another note I was at Hampton Beach last week and saw a guy Oc'ing.... ONe person made a comment to me about it, I said " so what" .NIce thing is pretty much no one else cared.

My 26 year old daughter knows I carry....and she carries also! She's "known I carry" since she was 9 or 10. She still hugs me daily, sometimes a kiss on the cheek, and sometimes we even still do the "bump noses" thing that we've done since she was in my arms in the delivery room. She comes to the range with me once every couple months, and she's a GREAT shot with her G22, G26, S&W 686, etc!

My other daughter is 17 and has "known I carry" since she was 7. She was at the range with me when she was 9. She goes to the range frequently with me, is also a great shot, dead accurate with "her" G26 (she calls it "My Baby Glock!!") and I also get a daily hug, smooch on the cheek, even a "nose bump" from her too!!

Those two beautiful, healthy girls are my blessings from God and you are so lucky that your happy, healthy 13 year old hugs her Dad!! That's awesome, man. And I mean that from the heart. Enjoy each and every SECOND that she is in your presence, for it goes by SO DAMNED QUICKLY as our own parents and grandparents tell/told us often! Life is a "blip"

Meanwhile, I ask you this respectfully, my fellow member and gun owner, why be "shy" or "embarrased" or "shamed" or "awkward" because our kids know that we carry a legal firearm?

See, THIS is a huge problem today, especially here in the northeast, and ESPECIALLY here in Puke-A-Chusetts!!! An honest, law-abiding, taxpaying, husband-son-father feels he must almost "apologize" for wanting to exercise his freedom in our (once-great) land?? Feel "embarrassed' or "awkward" if your little girl accidentally brushes against your LEGAL firearm?? Why?

Because "what will her friends think? Her teacher?" etc

("Um, like...Huh??..your Dad? He carries a gun?? Wh- wh- what??? Is he a cop?...No????...OMG!!!! WTF!!!!!! I can't hang around with you anymore!!").

My daughters' friends ALL know I carry. Both daughters friends, that is! My immediate family knows I carry. My extended family knows I carry. My friends know I carry. My wife's friends know I carry...My in-laws know I carry. The owner of the convenience store where I get my morning paper knows I carry. My mailman knows I carry. My water delivery guy knows I carry. My friends at the gym know that I carry. Etc etc. Many, many, MANY people know that I carry.

I carry a gun. Legally.....
Yes, I can repeat that. Sure. No problem:

"I CARRY A GUN!... LEGALLY!!"

And no amount of pressure from you, Mister BloomScum, with your armed guards protecting your every step, no amount of your media attacks, no whisper campaigns, no amount of postcards by your brainwashed-Zombie-moms, who follow you like the children followed the Pied Piper of Hamelin....

NOTHING is going to make me apologize to YOU, Mister BloomScum, for exercising my 2nd Amendment RIGHT to carry a weapon to protect my life, my family's life, and my home the same way that YOUR army of guards protects YOU in your castle, you elitist, condescending piece of human excrement.

And you will NOT teach my daughters that YOUR upside-down, wingnut, moonbat, liberal ways of thought are the "right" ways.

My kids wouldn't listen to you anyways, BloomScum.

Why?

Cuz they have brains.

Last edited:
My 26 year old daughter knows I carry....and she carries also! She's "known I carry" since she was 9 or 10. She still hugs me daily, sometimes a kiss on the cheek, and sometimes we even still do the "bump noses" thing that we've done since she was in my arms in the delivery room. She comes to the range with me once every couple months, and she's a GREAT shot with her G22, G26, S&W 686, etc!

My other daughter is 17 and has "known I carry" since she was 7. She was at the range with me when she was 9. She goes to the range frquently with me, is also a great shot, dead accurate with "her" G26 (she calls it "My Baby Glock!!") and I get a daily hug, cheek smooch, even a "nose bump" from her too!!

Those two are my blessings from God and you are so lucky that your happy, healthy 13 year old hugs her Dad!! That's awesome, man. And I mean that from the heart.

Meanwhile, why be "shy" or "embarrased" or "shamed" or "awkward" because our kids know we carry? See, THIS is a huge problem today, especially here in the northeast, and ESPECIALLY here in Puke-A-Chusetts!!!

("Um, like...Huh??..your Dad? He carries a gun?? Wh- wh- what??? Is he a cop?...No????...
OMG!!!! WTF!!!!!! I can't hang around with you anymore!!").

My daughters' firends ALL know I carry. Both daughters friends, that is! My immediate family knows I carry. My extended family knows I carry. My friends know I carry. My wife's friends know I carry...My in-laws know I carry. The owner of the convenience store where I get my morning paper knows I carry. My mailman knows I carry. My water delivery guy knows I carry. My friends at the gym know that I carry. Etc etc. Many, many, MANY people know that I carry.

I carry a gun. Legally.

Huh? Why am I whispering? Sorry, my bad...

I CARRY A GUN! LEGALLY! I CARRY A LEGAL GUN!!!!!!!

And no amount of pressure from you, Mister BloomScum, with your armed guards protecting your every step, no amount of you media attacks, no whisper campaigns, no amount of postcards by your brainwashed-Zombie-moms, who follow you like the children followed the Pied Piper of Hamelin....

NOTHING is going to make me apologize to YOU, Mister BloomScum, for exercising my 2nd Amendment RIGHT to carry a weapon to protect my life, my family's life, and my home the same way that YOUR army of guards protects YOU in your castle, you elitist, condescending piece of human excrement.

And you will NOT teach my daughters that YOUR upside-down, wingnut moonbat liberal ways of thought are the "right" ways.

Why?

Cuz they have brains.

How do I meet a chic that carries lol .

My 7, 5 and 3yo see me put on a gun daily. They know that kids do not touch guns because they can be dangerous (age appropriate- 7 yo will be shooting soon -22 rifle). They don't touch my safe and they don't talk about guns outside the home because some people get scared by this. How else do you live here in MA? If one of them mentions it in school the PD are going to raid my home and take everything................. I tell them not to talk about it. Sad but what are the alternatives?

Yesterday my daughter busted me for carrying. She gave me a hug, and I did the old put the gun side arm down trick for an awkward, but protective hug.

Then she gives me this look, like, "What are you doing?!"

I asked, "What?"

She responds, "Are you kidding? Do you think I just fell off the turnip truck?!" She, clearly, knew my secret.

So, I confessed that sometimes, rarely, I carry for practice and comfort, but I usually don't!

She's 13, and has gone shooting with me many times since she was about 8.

I'm sure I'm not the only one on earth who has been exposed, but I'd love to hear others' experiences. Thanks!

And btw, hopefully I'm not starting a thread that's been done before…..

My other daughter is 17 and has "known I carry" since she was 7. She was at the range with me when she was 9. She goes to the range frequently with me, is also a great shot, dead accurate with "her" G26 (she calls it "My Baby Glock!!") and I also get a daily hug, smooch on the cheek, even a "nose bump" from her too!!

Those two beautiful, healthy girls are my blessings from God and you are so lucky that your happy, healthy 13 year old hugs her Dad!! That's awesome, man. And I mean that from the heart. Enjoy each and every SECOND that she is in your presence, for it goes by SO DAMNED QUICKLY as our own parents and grandparents tell/told us often! Life is a "blip"

Meanwhile, I ask you this respectfully, my fellow member and gun owner, why be "shy" or "embarrased" or "shamed" or "awkward" because our kids know that we carry a legal firearm?

See, THIS is a huge problem today, especially here in the northeast, and ESPECIALLY here in Puke-A-Chusetts!!! An honest, law-abiding, taxpaying, husband-son-father feels he must almost "apologize" for wanting to exercise his freedom in our (once-great) land?? Feel "embarrassed' or "awkward" if your little girl accidentally brushes against your LEGAL firearm?? Why?

Because "what will her friends think? Her teacher?" etc

("Um, like...Huh??..your Dad? He carries a gun?? Wh- wh- what??? Is he a cop?...No????...OMG!!!! WTF!!!!!! I can't hang around with you anymore!!").

My daughters' friends ALL know I carry. Both daughters friends, that is! My immediate family knows I carry. My extended family knows I carry. My friends know I carry. My wife's friends know I carry...My in-laws know I carry. The owner of the convenience store where I get my morning paper knows I carry. My mailman knows I carry. My water delivery guy knows I carry. My friends at the gym know that I carry. Etc etc. Many, many, MANY people know that I carry.

I carry a gun. Legally.....
Yes, I can repeat that. Sure. No problem:

"I CARRY A GUN!... LEGALLY!!"

And no amount of pressure from you, Mister BloomScum, with your armed guards protecting your every step, no amount of your media attacks, no whisper campaigns, no amount of postcards by your brainwashed-Zombie-moms, who follow you like the children followed the Pied Piper of Hamelin....

And you will NOT teach my daughters that YOUR upside-down, wingnut, moonbat, liberal ways of thought are the "right" ways.

Why?

Cuz they have brains.

great response and lots of food for thought. Donaldg-hog also nails a couple of good points based on the reality of where we live, however

My 7, 5 and 3yo see me put on a gun daily. They know that kids do not touch guns because they can be dangerous (age appropriate- 7 yo will be shooting soon -22 rifle). They don't touch my safe and they don't talk about guns outside the home because some people get scared by this. How else do you live here in MA? If one of them mentions it in school the PD are going to raid my home and take everything.....I tell them not to talk about it. Sad but what are the alternatives?

"Scared"??
"Raid my home?"
For what? For owning legal guns? Where the hell are we, Germany in 1938 in the... um, Hey! Excuse me...Hey...Hey!! You didn't even knock before you...HEY! Reich Marshall, this is my home and those are my...Hey! Take your hands off of...Hey! Who do you think you ar- OW! OUCH!! AAARRRGGHHH!!!! LET ME GO...!!!"

tumblr_mw878lvJEj1sqx1wto1_1280.jpg

Few weeks ago I went on a group hike up in the Lakes region...one of the ladies came over and gave me a pretty good hug, her hand found my pistol. I just looked at her and said "Yup, Im just glad to see ya" . On another note I was at Hampton Beach last week and saw a guy Oc'ing.... ONe person made a comment to me about it, I said " so what" .NIce thing is pretty much no one else cared.

I'm pretty certain I know that guy. He's a good friend and a fellow NES'r if it's who I think it is.

Few weeks ago I went on a group hike up in the Lakes region...one of the ladies came over and gave me a pretty good hug, her hand found my pistol. I just looked at her and said "Yup, Im just glad to see ya" .
On another note I was at Hampton Beach last week and saw a guy Oc'ing.... ONe person made a comment to me about it, I said " so what" .NIce thing is pretty much no one else cared.

We've been doing the Hampton Beach "family getaway day" thing for MANY years, and I've actually seen open-carry at least 10 times...it's SUCH a different world when you exit "Stalag"-chusetts....thing is, many (not all, but mony) of the moonbats who cross into NH and hit Hampton (or anywhere else up in "free country"!) will see someone open-carrying, even in shorts, sneakers/sandals, Sox hat, T-shirt, etc and the wingnuts just ASSUME that he's a cop, or "undercover Fed agent", or a licensed security guard, etc.

It's their mindset. "He's gotta be a cop"....since "only cops should have guns"...

But about 3 years ago, my wife and I were waiting to cross at the stoplight at Hampton to make our way back to the beach, and three Harleys slowly rode past. All three dudes were open carrying, one looked like a G22 or G17 (it definitely wasn't a derringer LOL). Needless to say, they were all "noticeable" rolling by in the slow crawling traffic.

Me? I also noticed that all 3 had absolute SMOKESHOW hot chicks in the sea behind them, with their arms wrapped tightly around the biker's midriff and their, um, bikini-tops wrapped tightly against his back, making me INSTANTLY ask the good Lord why three dudes that look like "Sons of Anarchy" characters Opie or Clay (when they haven't had a shower in 3 days!) can get smoking hot chicks like that, yet when I was single I had to spend a few hundred bucks on clothes and hundreds more on dinners and vacations to MAYBE get a little piece if I was lucky enough and the chick was drunk enough?...WTF?

Untitled.png

So anyways, the 3 Harleys are passing, open carry, and the only people who even mention it are an older couple who, actually, look like an older Martha Coakley and Tom Menino. ("Jim, they had guns??!!" but Jim was probably a little too focused on the guns in the bikini tops and just sheepishly said "Yes dear" or something to that effect). The only other person who actually said anything was, unfortunately, my wife, who said softly to me "Those guys had guns! You think they're gonna do something??!"

I said "Um, yeah, I think they're gonna enjoy a beautiful, peaceful day at Hampton just like we are, and I think nobody's gonna f*ck with their peaceful day either."

BUT..What irked me most about my wife saying this is that she has been with me for 30 years. She shoots, our kids shoot, PLUS she knows fully well that I had my G26 locked in the glovebox of the car, unloaded, the mag locked in the trunk (I have a NH license in addition to MA LTC). She also knows that if we weren't sitting on the beach and swimming, etc, I'D BE CARRYING my G26 concealed. She also knows I don't walk down our driveway to get the mail without my 442 in my pocket. And yet, in her temporary, "in the moment" insanity, her Massachusetts (Boston girl) brainwashing left her, for those few seconds, feeling as though these three free American citizens were possibly "doing something wrong".

I semi-lectured her afterwards (carefully and gingerly, of course, since she's Sicilian and has a left hook almost as good as Smokin' Joe Frazier's back in 1971) and mentioned to her that, honey, THIS IS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE!!!!!!

Back on the sand and in our beach chairs, we had further discussion about it as I rubbed sunscreen on her still-sexy-at-45 tramp stamp (as I'm gazing, fantasizing and literally drooling at the blonde 20-something Hampton hottie ten feet away [wink] ) and she realized, almost immediately, the error in her thinking, presuming that they were "bad dudes" or "troublemakers" or gang members etc etc....yet even SHE said, quite tellingly, "Hey, I guess it's just what we've been conditioned to think".

"Exactly, honey. You've made my point". Then I asked her if she wanted to come and take a dip in the chilly Hampton surf, since I'd noticed blondie had gotten up and was jiggling - er, walking - towards the water. She said "Um, ok....sure!"

(Dammit!!!!!! [wink] )

Last edited:
We've been doing the Hampton Beach "family getaway day" thing for MANY years, and I've actually seen open-carry at least 10 times...it's SUCH a different world when you exit "Stalag"-chusetts....thing is, many (not all, but mony) of the moonbats who cross into NH and hit Hampton (or anywhere else up in "free country"!) will see someone open-carrying, even in shorts, sneakers/sandals, Sox hat, T-shirt, etc and the wingnuts just ASSUME that he's a cop, or "undercover Fed agent", or a licensed security guard, etc.

It's their mindset. "He's gotta be a cop"....since "only cops should have guns"...

But about 3 years ago, my wife and I were waiting to cross at the stoplight at Hampton to make our way back to the beach, and three Harleys slowly rode past. All three dudes were open carrying, one looked like a G22 or G17 (it definitely wasn't a derringer LOL). Needless to say, they were all "noticeable" rolling by in the slow crawling traffic.

Me? I also noticed that all 3 had absolute SMOKESHOW hot chicks in the sea behind them, with their arms wrapped tightly around the biker's midriff and their, um, bikini-tops wrapped tightly against his back, making me INSTANTLY ask the good Lord why three dudes that look like "Sons of Anarchy" characters Opie or Clay (when they haven't had a shower in 3 days!) can get smoking hot chicks like that, yet when I was single I had to spend a few hundred bucks on clothes and hundreds more on dinners and vacations to MAYBE get a little piece if I was lucky enough and the chick was drunk enough?...WTF?

View attachment 107850

So anyways, the 3 Harleys are passing, open carry, and the only people who even mention it are an older couple who, actually, look like an older Martha Coakley and Tom Menino. ("Jim, they had guns??!!" but Jim was probably a little too focused on the guns in the bikini tops and just sheepishly said "Yes dear" or something to that effect). The only other person who actually said anything was, unfortunately, my wife, who said softly to me "Those guys had guns! You think they're gonna do something??!"

I said "Um, yeah, I think they're gonna enjoy a beautiful, peaceful day at Hampton just like we are, and I think nobody's gonna f*ck with their peaceful day either."

BUT..What irked me most about my wife saying this is that she has been with me for 30 years. She shoots, our kids shoot, PLUS she knows fully well that I had my G26 locked in the glovebox of the car, unloaded, the mag locked in the trunk (I have a NH license in addition to MA LTC). She also knows that if we weren't sitting on the beach and swimming, etc, I'D BE CARRYING my G26 concealed. She also knows I don't walk down our driveway to get the mail without my 442 in my pocket. And yet, in her temporary, "in the moment" insanity, her Massachusetts (Boston girl) brainwashing left her, for those few seconds, feeling as though these three free American citizens were possibly "doing something wrong".

I semi-lectured her afterwards (carefully and gingerly, of course, since she's Sicilian and has a left hook almost as good as Smokin' Joe Frazier's back in 1971) and mentioned to her that, honey, THIS IS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE!!!!!!

Back on the sand and in our beach chairs, we had further discussion about it as I rubbed sunscreen on her still-sexy-at-45 tramp stamp (as I'm gazing, fantasizing and literally drooling at the blonde 20-something Hampton hottie ten feet away [wink] ) and she realized, almost immediately, the error in her thinking, presuming that they were "bad dudes" or "troublemakers" or gang members etc etc....yet even SHE said, quite tellingly, "Hey, I guess it's just what we've been conditioned to think".

"Exactly, honey. You've made my point". Then I asked her if she wanted to come and take a dip in the chilly Hampton surf, since I'd noticed blondie had gotten up and was jiggling - er, walking - towards the water. She said "Um, ok....sure!"

(Dammit!!!!!! [wink] )

[laugh2]Really funny story! Yep, definitely a case of assachussetts conditioning, but fortunately you were able to make her "see the light". I struggle with this stuff daily with my own wife, and she grew up in NH! In all fairness it was in N. MA (Nashua) so I guess that's where the MA mentality comes into play.

As for the biker's with the hotties, that has to be the whole bad boy persona thing at play. I've been left scratching my head over the same situations more times than I care to count! Chicks dig danger intrinsically, so they are magnetically drawn to bad boy rockers, bikers, thugs, etc., even when on the number line (appearance) they may be miles apart. Your typical, cleancut dude needs to have a decent bankroll, nice ride, etc., to even hope to compete. In all fairness though, I've dabbled with enough of those type of girls back in my misspent youth to realize that while they may be eye/arm candy, and fun playtoys, they are NOT longterm "keepers".

If someone knows me enough to hug me, they know I carry. If they're uncomfortable with that, they don't need to f'ing hug me!

My kids, 3 and 6, know I carry, and think something is strange when I don't.

When my daughter was 4, she told me there was a gun in the wheelbarrow of the garage (it was a BB gun, but it looked like a revolver), she also told me "I KNOW it was loaded (it wasn't) because I DIDN'T check it, and because it's loaded, I didn't touch it but told you instead. Because unless I can check it myself, I can't touch it unless Daddy checks it and shows me its unloaded, and THEN, I can play with it, Right Daddy?" (I don't think she took a breath in that sentence).
Needless to say, I told her she passed the "Good Guy test" that day, made her my hunting buddy (we don't see anything - but that isn't the point, I'm hunting with my 4 (now 6) year old daughter) and then I loaded the BB gun and we shot the crap out of some cans in the backyard.

Guns are fun. My daughter loves them and will always equate good times to them. My son will soon follow.

As for the biker's with the hotties, that has to be the whole bad boy persona thing at play. I've been left scratching my head over the same situations more times than I care to count! Chicks dig danger intrinsically, so they are magnetically drawn to bad boy rockers, bikers, thugs, etc., even when on the number line (appearance) they may be miles apart. Your typical, cleancut dude needs to have a decent bankroll, nice ride, etc., to even hope to compete. In all fairness though, I've dabbled with enough of those type of girls back in my misspent youth to realize that while they may be eye/arm candy, and fun playtoys, they are NOT longterm "keepers".

yup, same for me. that eye candy is trouble in a long term relationship I'd never go there. But it was fun while it lasted.

Just wondering why you are trying to keep it a secret from her. My duaghters are much younger and know daddy always carries. They are always around when I am putting my holster on and getting my gun out, to them its the same as if I was getting my wallet or clipping my phone on.

I hope I'm still getting hugs when my girls are that age!

If my 14 year old wants to know if I am carrying (almost all of the time) she'll just tap where the holster goes on my strong side and smile, or ask if my jacket is 'heavy'.

No one in my family questions if/when I carry. I tell my kids they are worthy of armed security.

I've also told them that they should never out me while carrying, since I want the tactical advantage if the time comes to need it.

Back
Top Bottom