Bump stock taking letter

We just bought a house in NH, we are officially residents of that great state as of yesterday. If I get one of these letters, I will generate an appropriate response to this bullsh!t. F this state, free at last!

Wife and I received ours this afternoon. What next? You have to wonder though bump stocks aren’t registered but if they try this crap with things that get registered will they come knocking?

Why does the letter say that even having a machine gun license isn’t good enough to possess one?
Because that's how they're interpreting the poorly written law, as discussed in this post in the other thread: Forced surrender of bump stocks in MA EOPSS letter, per GOAL

p.s. Got my dunning letter today. Maybe I shall shred it and sprinkle the remains atop our goat shed bedding for the goats to piss and crap on.

Last edited:
So does this mean that I have until 2/1/18 to buy one, or do we get the grace period for that too? Maybe they will not permit any belts or belt loops to be worn at the same time you are using you scary killy black rifle. Or how about putting a piece of springy dense foam in back of the trigger and holding your rifle loosely. I wonder if that will get confiscated as well.

Pretty good comment after that article by a Gene_Ralno

Very few give a hoot about bump stocks but here's the real issue. The U.S. Congress didn’t enact such a bill because it's a poor investment and most states have come to grips with it. In fact all gun laws are poor investments. Administration of them costs tens of millions, accomplishes nothing and merely annoys the most lawful, peaceable segment of our population. Bump stocks are the latest of leftist howls heard after every shooting. The bump stock is only rarely seen and for a gadget, relatively expensive. It's mostly a sometimes fun accessory for serious shooters but also provides a valuable service for some disabled persons. It must be used sparingly or it'll overheat and damage an expensive barrel.

Banning it will accomplish nothing. I've never heard of it being used in a U.S. shooting before and probably won't again. The alternative is a binary trigger, also rare, also legal, also expensive, also ruinous for the barrel and also a gadget. I’d add after the first shot, accuracy is lousy for both of these gadgets. By the way, a carefully adjusted one-cent rubber band also functions as a bump stock. The 2nd Amendment is clear and has been clearly understood for two centuries. Besides, this is an accessory that may be used only on a specific firearm, the purchase of which already has been background checked.

Leftists cannot simply run around banning all the accessories that exist at the "fringe" of the firearms industry. When they learn more about firearms mechanics, they'll simply restrict the rate of fire they believe you need. And what's next? Restriction of muzzle velocity? What about recoil? Since leftists won’t allow sound suppression, doubtlessly they’ll outlaw firearms that exceed their opinion of an acceptable upper decibel limit. It's as ludicrous as banning the bayonet lug or even the Picatinny rail. They might even make another run at reloading, in the interest of public safety of course.

Once again, leftists want everyone to believe nuts, felons, terrorists and illegal aliens VIOLATE homicide laws but OBEY firearms laws. With talking points filling their heads, they cannot accept the glaring fact that CRIMINALS DON'T OBEY LAWS. ONLY PEACEABLE, LAWFUL CITIZENS OBEY LAWS. I'll never understand why leftists cannot grasp that simple concept. When they do, perhaps we can get on with eliminating crime. By the way, the U.S. remains a very safe place to live.

When choosing what you want your government to do, it’s important to remember this. Those who carry out mass murders fear armed citizens and it’s precisely why governments always disarm the governed before they purge the disobedient. Taken together, all the mass shooting deaths from nuts, felons, terrorists and illegal aliens, throughout history for the entire planet is infinitesimal compared to the total number of civilian citizens murdered by governments. It’s the reason for our 2nd Amendment and throughout human history, it has been a very bad idea to allow any government to disarm its people.

And at the federal level, MA is again leading the way. "RINO AHOLE" "Congressman Seth Moulton, a Salem Democrat, teamed up with Republican Congressman Carlos Curbelo of Florida on a bipartisan proposal to outlaw the devices."

The real underlying reason for the demand to turn them in is so the rulers can parade the evil pieces of plastic in front of the gullible sheeple people and show how tough they are on crime.

So yeah, its basically nothing more than creation of a media driven useless law and a huge waste of public funds to help their re-election campaigns.

This is why we need term limits to remove the professional politicians from power.

Any bumpstocks that need to go to a good, safe home, I'm willing to take them in. I'll let you come play with them whenever you want.

So the local Mass township communities are all now scrambling to put moratoriums in place to stop the sale of canibus. The truth is they don't want it legal at all and this is just the first steps just like the endless battle against the Good Guys with personal firearm protection.

It won't be long now before they start sending letters to canibus buyers from a database to turn in your goods.

BTW what's the penalty for possession an illegal alien in your home, 20 years?

i don't own a rifle, but i suddenly want to buy a bump stock so i can not comply. there are prolly 10 bump stocks in mass. i hope that those 10 people don't comply. its an unjust and illegal confiscation of you're property without compensation. next week will they determine that sights on guns should be illegal? we must all surrender our gun sights for destruction without compensation? This is fooking crazy. if this succeeds, whats next? FU moara. There will come a day when i will become a felon through no act of my own. this is the beginning.

Last edited:
Almost as sad as the letter is a few will bow their heads to state power and unnecessarily surrender their bump stocks to authorities who will then gloat.

Letters came for everyone in the house except for me - I guess I'm exempt
Why are they sending letters to FID holders who can't really own anything to attach a bump stock to.

But they did something...

Back
Top Bottom