Bump stock taking letter

Still waiting to hear how much the taxpayers paid to remove 30.00 of uselsss plastic off the streets. Besides the total sum cost of taxpayer money being used to trample the Constitution.

Only A Few Bump Stocks Turned In To Police Despite Massachusetts Ban

ESSEX (CBS) – Essex Police Chief Peter Silva held up a bump stock that someone turned in this week as the Massachusetts ban on the devices went into effect. “To my knowledge, this is the only one that’s been turned in to date,” he said.

State Police said they received three bump stocks and one trigger crank, as Massachusetts now becomes the first state in the country to make the devices illegal.

Controversy has swirled around them ever since a gunman used one to essentially turn a semi-automatic weapon into an automatic one, unleashing hundreds of rounds on a crowd of concertgoers in Los Vegas.

John Rosenthal, who heads up the group Stop Handgun Violence, lobbied for the ban. “There’s no question in my mind that people won’t turn them in,” he said.

Chief Silva says the one man who surrendered his bump stock in Essex this week explained why most are not likely to let go. “He was a little frustrated because of the fact that he’d paid a little over $250 on this piece here, and there was no redeeming value for him on the other side to recover that money.”

Rosenthal says that should not be an excuse to hold on to an illegal device. “These are devices that are designed to kill a lot of people quickly, and I’m not sure that we ought to be compensating people for giving up these devices that never should have been purchased in the first place,” he said.

All licensed gun owners in Massachusetts got letters explaining bump stocks would have to be surrendered by February 1. The new law carries stiff penalties, from 18 months to life behind bars for those found guilty.

Between this and the 3 bumps and 1 trigger crank out of Chicopee, I'm not sure whether to laugh at the total ineffectiveness of the state's threat, or laugh at the 100% compliance that yielded only 5 of these devices.

"Rosenthal says that should not be an excuse to hold on to an illegal device. “These are devices that are designed to kill a lot of people quickly, and I’m not sure that we ought to be compensating people for giving up these devices that never should have been purchased in the first place,” he said."

What a f***ing dick.

"Rosenthal says that should not be an excuse to hold on to an illegal device. “These are devices that are designed to kill a lot of people quickly, and I’m not sure that we ought to be compensating people for giving up these devices that never should have been purchased in the first place,” he said."

What a f***ing dick.

So much for the constitution.

What a f***ing dick.

not just a dick, a piece of shit openly working to undermine the Law of the Land. If only we had justice and enforcement system in this country.

What a f***ing dick.

Think any one in the media can see and point out to these sky is falling d.bags that MA. is the Only state to go radically
Extreme and this state is draconian and all alone in this extreme and foolish venture.?

Hanging a lengthy prison sentence on a free person for possession? Wtf.

His comment that, "There’s no question in my mind that people won’t turn them in" Is a veiled attempt at saying that gun owners are criminals, as in we won't turn them in, and more laws need to be made to push the agenda further. They'll be more bullshit from this a**h*** I'm sure of it.

Edit: Doesn't it also show complete hypocrisy? Why push for a law that you know won't work?

Last edited:
not just a dick, a piece of shit openly working to undermine the Law of the Land. If only we had justice and enforcement system in this country.

Rosenthal's actions violate peoples rights and he is the criminal for supporting such violations.

How do we get from Point A, above, to Point B, below?

axe2.jpg
260px-Drawn_quartered2.jpg

Babies are killed in the womb every day in MA, perfectly legal. Kind of exemplfies how the majority in MA are so insane.

Not for nothing, but - if you can get more time for a bump stock than a machine gun.......just make a machine gun.

Except that with an illegal MG if the feds pick it up you actually will do time, rather than just the stupid MA felony plea out job that is typical. If the feds decided to go FR on you, the prospect of jail is very real, unlike the MA court
system... Look at what happened with Olofson.... guy had the wrong parts in his AR, bam, 2+ years...

-Mike

John is a bigot that's fine with the CoP of minority majority cities treating residents like second class citizens when it comes to permits. While rich f***s like himself, with prison records no less, sit around drinking chardonnay with $5,000 duck and trap guns behind walled private estates and country clubs without the slightest hassle. He's perfectly fine to put his self promoting billboard in Back Bay, but wouldn't be caught dead on Blue Hill Ave or Geneva Ave, where the gangs cluster.

"Criminal" has lost its meaning in recent years for me. The state of our laws and our corrupt government is disgusting. Does violating unjust laws make one a criminal?
No, those who create unjust laws are the criminals.

Except that with an illegal MG if the feds pick it up you actually will do time, rather than just the stupid MA felony plea out job that is typical. If the feds decided to go FR on you, the prospect of jail is very real, unlike the MA court
system... Look at what happened with Olofson.... guy had the wrong parts in his AR, bam, 2+ years...

-Mike

When the state first passes a law they love making a show of it. I still remember the poor bastard I saw on TV that got a year for a Crossman BB pistol (one of those big ones that had a pump on the barrel). Yes I watched the news as a kid - not just sat in front of it.

This Bump Stock thing will be no different, my bet is some poor sucker going though a divorce.

I hope that statement is presented in court when it finally gets there.
Seems like pretty obvious admission of intent to violate the constitution.

Back
Top Bottom