• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

bullseye chart to correct a bad gun

lobstercatcher, do you know one or two people who are known to be decent shots who could try your gun with your ammo? If they get decent groups with your setup, then you'll know where to look for the problem. If they get decent groups then you have to start analyzing your technique.

Most handguns are far more accurate than the average shooter, but there are some guns that seem to be more useful as clubs or paperweights than as guns. Start by eliminating the biggest variable, the shooter, and go from there.

That chart looks a lot like the one that the MIT shooting team came up with. Everyone laugh, but back in the 70's and early 80's the brianiacs used to field a very good pistol team.

[rofl] not laughing at the OP but i agree, this is some funny s**t!

Even though charts like that may solve some shooters' problems, I also agree that some one on one instruction is probably your best bet. Once you resolve what you're doing with one firearm you can use that knowledge (along with experience) to make small corrections when using different. i.e. the classic I shoot well with a single stack 1911 but pull shots with my friend's glock.

good luck, keep practicing, you'll find your bullseye!

I picked up a couple boxes of ammo so I will be ready for range time.

The pistol I have I bought from another member here. It came witha 22 practice kit. Does anyone switch out the slide and use cheap 22 ammo or do you stick with the stock slide?

The 22 is a great idea. You can spend a ton of time shooting it. Also, like I said before, practice your trigger pull with a ton of dry firing

better hope it's not humid if you ever have to use one in self defense [rofl] just messing with ya [wink]

did you look into having someone watch you while your shooting?

That's some tough love going on here! [grin]

I did find out if I put the gun in one of those bench rest things, they seem to shoot much better too. Thats when I figured... whats the sence in shooting if I have no real idea where the bullet will go? I'm seeing some pistols being claimed to shoot a 2 1/2" radius at 50 yards. Thats what I want to do[grin] Although my eyes... Not sure how I would tell.

Back
Top Bottom