bullseye chart to correct a bad gun

My gun isn't shooting strait. Has anyone tried this to fix the gun?

http://www.bullseyepistol.com/training.htm

Are you saying I can't shoot strait?

one of the mayors at the range said I am jerking the trigger.

Welcome to NES. It is great to have new members join and support our mutual interests.

Many folks here would be happy to offer some great advice to help you get your rounds on target.I am having a little trouble understanding your question. Could you try restarting the thread on a night where you have not already sucked down a fifth of Jack or done 47 bong hits? [grin]

Is there any other charts or gadgets in computer land that I can look at that might have suggestions on how I can try to correct what I am or am not doing ?

OK.
1. What are you shooting. handgun?; I presume it's not a rifle.
2. Caliber? Distance? Iron sights or scoped?
3. Do you have a decent group where ever it is?
4. Where is the group? Like two O clock or seven O clock?
5. Any additional info is helpful, needed? Experience, etc...

There are but most of them are very similiar to the chart you posted. The idea is to take a look at where your rounds are hitting the target and then compare them to the chart.

The guy at the range is probably right in that you are jerking the trigger. It is the most common occurence among right handed shooters and can be frustrating. Many new shooters are convinced that their sights are off but they probably are not. You know you have a good sight picture but all of your rounds are hitting low and left.

Couple of things to try that really helped me. Dry Fire, dry fire, dry fire. Take a look at your stance and grip as well as your breathing.

Another thing you may find is that your arms are getting a bit fatigued and you are experiencing "Micro tremors"

Also, never underestimate the value of a little time with a good instructor. There are some great ones here and it will be the best hundred bucks you ever spent.

Best of luck and practice. practice , practice

BTW - What are you shooting?

Last edited:
OK.
1. What are you shooting. handgun?; I presume it's not a rifle.
2. Caliber? Distance? Iron sights or scoped?
3. Do you have a decent group where ever it is?
4. Where is the group? Like two O clock or seven O clock?
5. Any additional info is helpful, needed? Experience, etc...

I have a few pistols. The only time I shoot pretty good is when I used someone elses gun. It was a 1911. The groupnig at 50 ft was about 3 inches in the 2 oclock area.

I like a beretta 92fs and I seem to be just outside the bullseye to the left and the patern is up and down.

I'll be shuttin down but I will read what you have to say tomorrow. tia

I have a few pistols. The only time I shoot pretty good is when I used someone elses gun. It was a 1911. The groupnig at 50 ft was about 3 inches in the 2 oclock area.

I like a beretta 92fs and I seem to be just outside the bullseye to the left and the patern is up and down.

I'll be shuttin down but I will read what you have to say tomorrow. tia

ummm 50 feet is pretty far to expect a tight group with a 45 if you don't shoot much or are new!
Sounds like you just need some more range time is all sir.

Fencer nailed it. Everyone is different, you have to practice and take your time. You have to eliminate variables. Same gun, same load and so on. Have fun!

I made my M&P read this chart then tested her with flash cards... what do ya know BULLS-EYE every time now. Guess its time for me and all my guns to have weekly testing.

[rofl] not laughing at the OP but i agree, this is some funny s**t!

Even though charts like that may solve some shooters' problems, I also agree that some one on one instruction is probably your best bet. Once you resolve what you're doing with one firearm you can use that knowledge (along with experience) to make small corrections when using different. i.e. the classic I shoot well with a single stack 1911 but pull shots with my friend's glock.

good luck, keep practicing, you'll find your bullseye!

Back
Top Bottom