Building an AR15 pistol

I am very tempted to get that 10.5" upper. Good for a pistol now, and for if I ever feel like doing an SBR.

Very tempted.

I wish it came with a BCG and CH.

My 300 Blackout AR pistol has a 10.5" barrel on it...

Single_point_sling_pistol.jpg

I plan to make another upper in 5.56.

- - - Updated - - -

Sig has a P556 AR pistol for sale with a funky buttstock:

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProd...istol-with-sb15-pistol-stabilizing-brace.aspx

Likely not MA compliant but interesting. And ATF approved as handgun in normal states.

P556-SWAT-SB15-Detail-Arm.jpg

That's far too ghey for most of us here. If you like it, well... [laugh]

My 300 Blackout AR pistol has a 10.5" barrel on it...

View attachment 85678

Was it you who intended to make a drop leg holster for your ar pistol? If it was how is it coming along?

- - - Updated - - -

And AR pistols would be so much cooler if they didn't need the gay buffer tube sticking 6" off the back of it.

Was it you who intended to make a drop leg holster for your ar pistol? If it was how is it coming along?

- - - Updated - - -

And AR pistols would be so much cooler if they didn't need the gay buffer tube sticking 6" off the back of it.

Idk, I think they still pretty friggen cool.

attachment.php

- - - Updated - - -

We're waiting for Andy (the belt/holster NES guy) to get it in gear for the drop-leg holsters. We'll be seeing him at the Nashua show tomorrow. Bringing both pistols with us (mine and Dave's)... Wondering how many people from MA will be there and drool over what we'll have showing. [rofl2]

- - - Updated - - -

It would but they are still fun as hell to shoot.

oh I bet they are, I have yet to shoot one though.

Oh, they are... [smile]

We're waiting for Andy (the belt/holster NES guy) to get it in gear for the drop-leg holsters. We'll be seeing him at the Nashua show tomorrow. Bringing both pistols with us (mine and Dave's)... Wondering how many people from MA will be there and drool over what we'll have showing. [rofl2]

looking forward to pics, gonna be awesome.

I'd guess that for a lot of New Hampshirites, the AR pistol is just a way to get some use out of your undersized uppers while waiting for the tax stamp to come back.

Unfortunately, there's no easy way to build your own with no buffer tube, but they make a nice one in New Hampshire:

SIG P556

I'd guess that for a lot of New Hampshirites, the AR pistol is just a way to get some use out of your undersized uppers while waiting for the tax stamp to come back.

Some of us actually plan to keep the shorter barreled upper on the pistol configured lower. Hear that atf trolls, it's staying as a pistol...

I don't plan on ever doing an SBR. I'm not waiting 2 years for permission to build a gun, that the .gov now knows about. No thanks. I'm not asking permission from my master.

Got my lower all built for my pistol. Now, I just need an upper. I've been checking palmetto everyday for a week, and I haven't seen anything yet.

Last edited:
Got my lower all built for my pistol. Now, I just need an upper. I've been checking palmetto everyday for a week, and I haven't seen anything yet.

Your paracord wrapped buffer tube inspired me to do the same to the pistol buffer tube on my 300 Blackout pistol. Pretty easy to do, and didn't take long. Plus, better than the cheap foam I was using. I really just wanted something over the metal of the tube. Especially for winter shooting. I used some black cord, since that's the only color I have. [laugh]

I had about 50 colors to choose from in my parts bin, and I liked that one the best. I super glued the ends on, so it doesn't come off too easily. Figured that would keep me within the law.

I think pistol tubes with foam are ugly, so I just wrapped a carbine buffer tube instead. Looks much better.

I didn't need to super-glue mine... [smile]

wrapped_pistol_buffer_tube.jpg

I think it looks better than with foam on it. Never mind the foam I was using wasn't sized for the task.

Yeah that's an actual pistol tube, so no reason to glue it or epoxy it on. I had a carbine 6 position buffer tube, so I just wanted to be safe.

I probably could have, yes.

Just figured super gluing the end, would make it "permanent", and not be able to accept a stock.

Suuuuure it won't... [wink]

I might do the same thing to anther stock, sans super-glue... [smile] When the excrement hits the air mover, I'll have choices. Besides, being able to pull off the paracord for other things is a good thing (IMO)...

Now I want to get another 500-1000 feet of paracord to use for other things. Might put a 100' (or so) into a 'get home' bag.

I can still pull it off if i wanted to obviously. I just think it looks cooler than a pistol tube with a small piece of foam on fit.

I can still pull it off if i wanted to obviously. I just think it looks cooler than a pistol tube with a small piece of foam on fit.

I agree... I was trying to figure out how to make the tube on my AR pistol look better and still function well (for padding). Your post gave me the [good] idea to use some paracord.

i forget the brand of lower, the LPK i got off amazon (smart atilla, smart) was out of spec as **** so i had to discard the thing and switch to a CMMG for a few bucks more (worth it).

upper is a LMT 10.5" with dat magpul carbine handguards and the AAC blackout flash hider. capable of AAC can-nage with tax stamp and a year of my life. i am going to wait to see how things go with my form 1 and that will be the deciding factor whether i stick with the trust for NFA or just go meet with CLEO about doing a form 4 for a can as an individual. that's a long way off though. flash hider is very nice though on its own.

Back
Top Bottom