Building an AR from an 80% Lower with Crap Tools

I've seen some primers that advertize to stick to Ali, but honestly, your best bet is powdercoating. AR will wear off before the coat ever will.

... also I do believe that powdercoating comes in pink and sparkles.

As for those of you speaking of a tool rental... We have also toyed with the idea of offering a tool/jig rental program. We would of course manufacture a jig capable of loaner duty...

I realize this is a few month old thread and nearly a year old post I'm quoting, but I found it in search of a loaner jig. Something like this could really work well if it was designed right; aluminum side plates with hardened steel or carbide (depending on how often you felt like replacing them vs cost) drill bushings. And a top plate of either 4140 pht or 56-60rc A2 depending on if you wanted to have to occasionally replace the top plate after it got too beat up or have to replace an endmill every time someone sneezed while using the jig. But even a sticky thread with tools/jigs that the community or local companies have are are willing to loan or rent out to members of the community would be gold.

Back
Top Bottom