Bug out Rifle

they'll get a cool designer back pack out of the deal though.

You in for the group buy? lol

LoL. While you are at it, why not ask the Platoon Sgt. for a back rub and some scented body oils. The world is going to hell and some 19 yo PFC or SPC is going to give you ammo?

B

Jesus with the optimism on this board we might as well just swallow a bullet the minute things get ugly lol.

This guy is on another forum....he doesn't live around here....damn shame, he'd be a wonderful addition to our shtf wrecking crew

SHTF: He's doing it right.

TheJunkPile.jpg

Nice, but all that hardware becomes a great big anchor.

Of course, which is why if we had him around, we could help him carry it (IE: I have dibs on the hk 51). Crazy part is, almost all of those are select fire/nfa....and that's not even his whole collection. He's got a serious amount of firearms.

Last edited:
Of course, which is why if we had him around, we could help him carry it (IE: I have dibs on the hk 51). Crazy part is, almost all of those are select fire/nfa....and that's not even his whole collection. He's got a serious amount of firearms.

What's with this "we" shit? You got a tactical mouse in your pocket that can rock a .40?

The Annihilator 2000 - America's Premiere Survival Home and Travel Total Security Unit. This weapon has a cd player, phone, microwave, and much more. Available only at Beverly Hills Survival Boutique!.

400px-Annihlator_2000.jpg

A Savage survival rifle. No longer manufactured by Savage. It looks like an over under shotgun except the top barrel is chambered in 223 and the bottom in 12 gauge.

I would take my Winchester 94ae lever action in 44 mag. Pretty compact, I have reloaded 100's of rounds, decent range, and would drop anything on 4 legs (or 2 for that matter). Simple to operate and rugged.

For me it would be my Sig556. It is accurate out to 300 yards, as rugged as an AK, runs filthy if I need it to and never jams. 10 - 30 round magazines and an ammo can with 1000 rounds. It is a little heavy but will lay down an effective field of fire that would make the marauding hordes think twice about trying to steal my toilet paper.

Couldn't agree more...the arguments for the reliability of a piston system outweigh the benefits of the standard AR platform. The 2 main reasons i hear people going with an AR over guns like the Sig 556 and FN SCAR are the weight and availability of parts. Both of which is not an issue based on 85% of the replies to this thread. Guns themselves it seems will be much more available than their "parts" and if your concerned about a couple pounds of weight added to your system then take into account the cleaning kit you might need for your AR

Couldn't agree more...the arguments for the reliability of a piston system outweigh the benefits of the standard AR platform. The 2 main reasons i hear people going with an AR over guns like the Sig 556 and FN SCAR are the weight and availability of parts. Both of which is not an issue based on 85% of the replies to this thread. Guns themselves it seems will be much more available than their "parts" and if your concerned about a couple pounds of weight added to your system then take into account the cleaning kit you might need for your AR

I don't go with an AR because it is light. Mine weighs in at 9.2 pounds. The fact that there are parts readily available is only a plus. I run this rifle because when I slap a mag into the well and pull the trigger it goes bang and holds hard every time. It is simple to clean (blah blah blah piston blah blah blah, it takes me 5-10 minutes to clean my rifle every few thousand rounds with a few drops of oil and a rag), rugged, never jams, and highly customizable.

DSCN1023.jpg

For those of you saying you will still grab a 10/22... good luck to you.

If I have to bug, these are coming with me. They go bang when I pull the trigger and hit what I'm aiming at. If something gets hit by them, it will stay down.

Attachments

• 2011-03-06_15-54-40_303.jpg
    2011-03-06_15-54-40_303.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 109
My father loves his AR-15, but I'm not sure you would want one in a bug-out scenario. Remember how back in the Vietnam War soldiers were having issues with the M-16 and keeping it clean?? What would happen is that the gun would need to be cleaned quite often and run "wet". When soldiers would drop them in the sand, mud, dirt, etc they would jam up. In a bug-out scenario, you may not have a proper cleaning kit or one at all. For this reason, I would have to go with an AK variant. They run in any and all situations and conditions. 30 rounds of 7.62x39mm is great in a self-defense scenario, and much like the AR-15's, you can carry several magazines containing hundreds of rounds. If time would allow me, I would also grab an AR-7 survival rifle, and a pump action shotgun (preferably a Benelli) Having a .22LR can be great for hunting small game, and so can a shotgun. You have to keep all these in mind, but I would grab an AK-47 Variant.

Back
Top Bottom