• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bug out bag adventure

Jason m

NES Member
Well I was bored this morning and said screw it. I jumped in the truck drove up the road and just parked it.
Took out my BOB and starting hiking up the trail to where I have my stand. I took the long way in which is around 2 miles threw several trails.

KIMG2150.JPG
My walk in, KIMG2152.JPG
I avoided that down tree went to the left to get around KIMG2153.JPG
This is my spot, behind me is where I place my stand, more open in the fall. KIMG2154.JPG
Pic of my EMS bag I got for five dollars at the salvation army.

Last edited:
Once i got there I decided to pull out all my gear and get a over view of it, it's been a while. KIMG2158.JPG KIMG2161.JPG KIMG2160.JPG

Mostly what I have put together is stuff from Walmart and tractor supply.
I don't buy mega cheap stuff as I want to rely on it but I didn't want to buy the best as the bag sits in the truck and if it gets stolen I would be pissed but it's easy and cheap enough to replace.

Attachments

• KIMG2156.JPG
    KIMG2156.JPG
    259.7 KB · Views: 8
  • KIMG2159.JPG
    KIMG2159.JPG
    285 KB · Views: 8
So I was in the woods for around two hours and hiked out. On my way in past that down tree pic, I took a leak.
On my way out I found a warm ( still steaming ) pile of bear crap ( I think ) not more than a few feet from where I peed.

Is 9mm enough for whatever took that dump lol
KIMG2162.JPG KIMG2163.JPG
On my way out part the pond and headed to my truck.
Good few hours away from it clears the cob webs out.

The black bag has all my medical, the normal stuff including my Asthma meds I take daily and an epipen that still good from 2018, the fluid is still see threw.
The camo bag has my water filtration and other small things like a lighter, I must have at least six of them in this kit. It was just good to open it all back up and see.
A few things I can change is the flask I was carrying Coleman fuel in but no longer carry a small stove for that I swapped to Sterno. The Sterno stove works well when the cans are full, but as they burn down I find it hard to get a boil out of them. I am going to Mod the fold up stove to get it lower to the burning fuel can to get a good boil out of it.

The MRE I opened only cause I noticed a small slit in the bag, none of the food packs where open, but I will replace it with another pack.

BOB looks Good for a day hike I guess....

Yes its a lot for a walk home bag, but I figure its enough for a 3 day supply for one and min 2 day walk home for a few in my family.

In the truck there is extra MRE's and spare back packs. So at the least I can pack an extra pack for kids or wife, or if I cant take it, eat one meal prior to jettison the truck by the side of the road. This way it still leaves the meals in the pack and gives me extra time to get home if needed.

Back
Top Bottom