Budget AR red dot optics

If you want a pro. Go here. $399, free shipping, no sales tax ($25)

http://www.slickguns.com/search/apachesolr_search/aimpoint pro?op=

- - - Updated - - -

I won't knock it until I try it. but 2.5x is going to be less than ideal for both eyes open shooting up close. But who knows, it may work great.
I ran a 3 day carbine class with a fixed 2.5x

It wasn't optimal, but definitely not as bad as you think. I was a hair slower that's about it. If you've got a good consistent shouldering and cheek weld... you'll find your reticle

American Weapon Systems is in NH: No tax or shipping... and just a short jaunt from my cottage.

heh-heh I said "jaunt"

Primary arms micro. I just did a class in the rain with it and it held up fine, no fogging, battery life is great. A good red dot for under 100 bucks

Primary arms micro. I just did a class in the rain with it and it held up fine, no fogging, battery life is great. A good red dot for under 100 bucks
These do look good, decent spec sheet. I want to take the vortex strikefire II off my AK and try one of those Primary Micro Dot units. Not because there's anything wrong with it, I just think where the gun is a quick pointer the micro would be bether on it. I have an AR that would make a good home for the vortex. In case anyone is following along at home, the Vortex was working well. Red dot was very crisp, aimpoint crisp if you will. The dot on my sparc II is not that good. Strikefire II combined with 7.62x39 out of an Arsenal did a 5 shot all touching group at 50 yds I can cover with a quarter. At 100 yds group opened to maybe 3" plus, didn't have anything to measure it with. Best guess. Both sandbag rest groups.

I just picked up a Bushnell TRS25 for $69.99 with the high rise mouth. I also picked up some 5.56 for $.28/round and a couple 40 round pmags from PSA. I was going to go with another Primary Arms, but I thought I would give this a try after a bunch of positive reviews.

These do look good, decent spec sheet. I want to take the vortex strikefire II off my AK and try one of those Primary Micro Dot units. Not because there's anything wrong with it, I just think where the gun is a quick pointer the micro would be bether on it. I have an AR that would make a good home for the vortex. In case anyone is following along at home, the Vortex was working well. Red dot was very crisp, aimpoint crisp if you will. The dot on my sparc II is not that good. Strikefire II combined with 7.62x39 out of an Arsenal did a 5 shot all touching group at 50 yds I can cover with a quarter. At 100 yds group opened to maybe 3" plus, didn't have anything to measure it with. Best guess. Both sandbag rest groups.

Sorry to Necro a thread, but Green, what did you end up getting here?

I'm trying choose between a Primary Arms and Strikefire II, and can't decide. (I'll be honest the warranty with the Vortex is really hard to pass up.) You say here you like your strikefire, just wondering if you went PA and can compare.

Edit: For reference I have $200 to spend including shipping. (I had to give the wife the other half of my fantasy football winnings, because when I do stuff like that she doesn't complain with I buy guns and scopes and ammo and stuff. If I don't spend $ on her, I get the look when I spend it on myself. You know how it goes. Happy wife..

Keep in mind and repeat after me: I WILL !!!NOT!!! ORDER A MOUNT FROM PRIMARY ARMS.
Their optics are a great value. Their mounts suck dick like a five dollar whore on payday at the factory. Get one with detachable base. The PA micro dot and the Bushnell TRS both fit on mounts for Aimpoint micro.

{thread necro!!!}

What would you recommend as an improvement over PA's red dot riser?

Back
Top Bottom