BREAKING: North Andover, MA Being Evacuated

My brother was at a Dr appointment in Lawrence. Was waiting for his wife to come pick him up (they only have one car) and she was stuck in the mayhem traffic to come get him. He called me and said he can smell gas...... asked me what he should do......told him start walking dude.....north.....fast. he walked 45 minutes and made it to Methuen and his wife picked him up. Don't know why some folks need to call for advice on what to do in a situation like that. He's my brother and all......but damn man.......if your evac ride ain't getting to you.......fire up the shoe leather express man!

LPC’s - Leather Personnel Carriers

Little to no sense of self preservation.

And there's 300,000,000 + people just like him all over the country. Now, imagine what would happen under much worse circumstances. So glad I live out in the country.
Was literally looking at the news reports on his phone.......knew Methuen was the safe area and had to call me to ask! Damn.

MA State Police saying that people who have Columbia Gas service, in those areas, should evacuate their homes.

Total grid lock traffic everywhere.

National Grid announced that they are turning off all power to South Lawrence.

60 to 100 fires being reported in the Merrimack Valley.

Any money that Maura does anything about this and goes after gas companies and sloppy maintenance instead of crusading against law abiding citizens?

What have the locked out gas workers with National Grid been stomping their feet about? Nat Grid putting “profits above safety”? I know this is Columbia, but this whole mess is convenient for their position.

Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 7.05.31 PM.jpg

What a disaster!

Many families must be separated.

No spotty cell coverage.

People need a plan for rally points in case of disaster.

Have a outside family member for everyone to call if nobody can talk to each other.

Being evac'd and driving through this was a reminder to always be prepared and that if SHTF it'll be much worse.

Meh it wasn't the pipe that failed. Quit being a nimby.

It wasn't.

But the example of the possible damage & ignition dangers has been a key argument by towns and localities (against the pipe line) as to why some don't want one running through their towns.

Back
Top Bottom