BREAKING: North Andover, MA Being Evacuated

... I would refuse any evacuation order. I can shut off gas and power just fine myself (assuming I didn't actually smell gas at the time of course). I would camp out in the yard if I had to, ...

^THIS.

And once the danger of neighboring houses bursting into flames had passed
(a while after the lights went off),I'd shelter inside the house,
with curtains drawn and no flashlights visible from the outside.

... and let them in with a key if they didn't believe me it was off (I am sure they would not believe me).

No reason for them to enter the premises if there's an outdoor valve.
I wouldn't out myself by being seen by the cop/gas-guy/locksmith team.

Couldn't they just shit gas off in the street? As for power:

I do know that they have fuses on the poles that they could pull. Not sure if every pole.

I didn’t get many details on what the problems were, and I believe they did that as well, but seemed like a similar problem: the main connections inside the homes were failing, perhaps due to being over pressurized like what appears to have happened here or just from being old and deteriorating to the point of being a hazard.

My kid works for Bertucci's and their mobile ovens were up there yesterday, today, and probably tomorrow, giving out eats. There was at least one fire truck from Framingham, so they had a wide response.

Nice to see Bertucci's step up to the plate as well. [thumbsup]
Have to keep those boys fed .

I wonder if any people will be going to the slammer because something incriminating was left out in plain view when the cop and gas checker enter. Lotta dope dealers around.

So if "they" ever want to declare a local martial law all they have to do is jack up the gas pressure, demand evacuations then go house to house and look for "safety" violations.

Back
Top Bottom