BREAKING: North Andover, MA Being Evacuated

NHCraigT

NES Member
Multiple explosions, multiple structures in North Andover = Gas Related.

North Andover mayor telling people to evacuate the town immediately.

Also same dangers in Lawrence + Andover.

Multiple structures are also on fire.

They are thinking its over-pressured natural gas lines. Telling people that if they smell gas = GET OUT NOW.

Police: Gas emergency ignites fires across Andover, North Andover, Lawrence

LAWRENCE — An unidentified problem with a natural gas line has caused multiple fires across Lawrence, Andover and North Andover and at least one explosion in Lawrence.

Lawrence police Chief Roy Vasque said a home at 39 Chickering Ave. was "demolished" by an explosion. The gas lines feed homes in Andover, North Andover and Lawrence.

Methuen was unaffected, Vasque said. Firefighters from that city have been called to the surrounding towns to provide mutual aid.

"It's bad," Vasque said. "I've never seen anything like this."

There were reports of multiple basement fires in Andover. Reports over a police scanner indicated neighborhoods were being evacuated.

JFC that is some scary shit

Wait, so they're telling an entire town (or more) to evacuate? Is that accurate? What if you don't have natural gas?

Gas company gonna be paying out some big cash.

Look for a huge spike in people changing back over to oil.....after they changed to natural gas to save money.

Anyone who had any intention of changing to oil, ought to think about buying their oil furnace asap.

Channel 10 cable also now reporting North Andover being told to evacuate.

Then also stated if you have gas service, If possible, turn off gas and leave.

As stated, not enough fire apparatus to respond to all events occurring.

Fire departments from other towns responding including ones from NH and Maine.

News showing some buildings that exploded = flattened out and looking like a tornado hit them ...

Now Topsfield , Boxford and Byfield.
My kid just got called in for mutual aid to Lawrence.
Someone is going to kiss the donkey when this gets sorted out.

FBI now responding. For those smarter than me how difficult would it actually be for a couple booger eaters to set something like this off?

Boston fire departments now responding.

Red cross mobilizing.

Mema activated.

Shelters being designated.

Evac route is rt 495.

Injury reports still being put together. Some in serious condition.

Watching news report with Lawrence mayor: "even if you don't smell gas, get out, and go north"...

Dan Rivera: "If you live in South Lawrence, get North of the River"

My brother was at a Dr appointment in Lawrence. Was waiting for his wife to come pick him up (they only have one car) and she was stuck in the mayhem traffic to come get him. He called me and said he can smell gas...... asked me what he should do......told him start walking dude.....north.....fast. he walked 45 minutes and made it to Methuen and his wife picked him up. Don't know why some folks need to call for advice on what to do in a situation like that. He's my brother and all......but damn man.......if your evac ride ain't getting to you.......fire up the shoe leather express man!

Last edited:
My brother was at a Dr appointment in Lawrence. Was waiting for his wife to come pick him up (they only have one car) and she was stuck in the mayhem traffic to come get him. He called me and asked me what he should do......told him start walking dude.....north.....fast. he walked 45 minutes and made it to Methuen and his wife picked him up. Don't know why some folks need to call for advice on what to do in a situation like that. He's my brother and all......but damn man.......if your evac ride ain't getting to you.......fire up the shoe leather express man!

Little to no sense of self preservation.

And there's 300,000,000 + people just like him all over the country. Now, imagine what would happen under much worse circumstances. So glad I live out in the country.

Back
Top Bottom