Breaking News

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/18023319/detail.html

Police: 4 Arrested At H.S., 1 With Gun
No Word On Identities

BOSTON -- Boston police said they arrested four trespassers at English High School Thursday morning about an hour after classes began, one of whom was charged with gun possession.

They said none of the individuals were students at the school. There were no reports of injuries and the school was not placed under lockdown. The arrests took place shortly after 9 a.m.

The English High School on McBride Street in Boston's Jamaica Plain neighborhood is the nation's oldest public high school, founded in 1821. It has more than 1,200 students.

Expect updates

OK I bet it is 4 inner city youth who wandered in looking for someone or something.

At least they are not blowing it up into yet another lockdown situation.

WoW people with guns in a school and a school is not in lockdown?
Find a round on the school floor and its the end of the world.
WHAT????????

Boston Latin was founded in 1635 and is generally recognized as the oldest public school in the country.

I graduated in 1971... the last year that it was an all male institution. It was a school from a different time and place.

English High School was across the street at that time. It was a time of great social upheaval and strained racial relations in the city. Fights often broke out between the schools. There were race riots, and many protests and actions about forced school integration.

Those were clearly different and interesting times. I wonder if we are headed for more interesting times of social upheaval based upon current political and economic events.

Thoughts?

Rich

Latest word is that it was four "adults" who were in the school. One of them was armed.

They should change the signs to "legal gun free zone," though, to be far more accurate.

Back
Top Bottom