BREAKING: DoJ Rules That Bump Fire Stocks Are Now Machine Guns, court says hold it update post 301

I for one am going to be very interested and entertained by how this whole bump-stocks-are-machineguns fiasco plays out.

The fact that bump stocks are stupid is completely true
and absolutely unimportant.

What is important is that they are a Stupid Gun Trick
that may turn out to be the camel's nose under the tent.

The vast majority of people don't know about the rubber band trick.
Most politicians don't know about it.
Most hoplophobe snowflakes don't know about it.
Most independent voters don't know about it.
Most gun owners don't know about it.

Probably because, inexplicably, Ted Nugent
hasn't managed to get on the evening news,
waving rubber bands in the air.

However, if you think no staffer on the Donk party's
gun control committee knows about it,
you're in for a big surprise.

And guess what the solution to "rubber band crisis" is?

It's not to ban rubber bands -
it's to ban all semi-auto longarms.

And Surprise!
When someone rolls out the "ban all semi-autos" program
the morning after bump stocks are banned,
it's not going to happen because the majority of gun-grabbers
"are Stupid People who don't understand what semi-auto means".

It's going to happen because some activist staffer whose day job
is to find a way to ban a wide swath of guns
EMailed all the MSM Chattering Skulls
a link to of a YoutUbe video of a rubber band demo.

A video recorded by some gun owner delighted to show how smart they are.

A video that underscores that it works for any semi-auto.

A video that suddenly goes viral after it runs 24/7 on cable news,
and gets watched by 80% of the gun-grabbing snowflakes within the week.

That's the risk you can look forward to.
And that's why the risk exists.
Well said

Oh well looks like I'll be voting democrat in 2020. This republican thing just doesn't seem to be working out very well.

You're surprised at this? He was talking about doing it less than a week after the bodies were still warm... after the NRA came up to him and told him it was a
good idea, of course... [rofl] let's not forget their role in normalizing this kind of lunacy.

-Mike

Dems, Rinos, Indies, Greenies, It doesn't matter. This Government is bad. Really Bad. The entire Government from POTUS all the way down to
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Congressional Aid's Barista...

iu

This Shall Not Stand.

Last edited:
You're surprised at this? He was talking about doing it less than a week after the bodies were still warm... after the NRA came up to him and told him it was a
good idea, of course... [rofl] let's not forget their role in normalizing this kind of lunacy.

-Mike

Funny too because the NRA sent me an email this morning begging for money. I might be looking for a better alternative than them. They don't seem to be doing very much. I only belong because of my gun club.

This will get challenged. Ex Post Facto

It will get challenged, but it's not an ex post facto issue. That exists where a law retroactively prohibits an action that was legal at the time. For example, if someone got prosecuted next year for possessing a bump stock in 2016, even though it was legal in 2016 to do so. This current prohibition is prospective: you can't possess them going forward. It's BS, of course, but not an EPF problem.

Based on the title of this thread,i went ahead and cashed out my 401k and bought 75 of them thinking there were going to be declared machine guns like the Lightning Link and I would be a millionaire.

Thanks NES ,destroyer of dreams.

Sell them on The Black Market. Gang bangers are always looking for ways to lay down suppressive fire while they maneuver.

Funny too because the NRA sent me an email this morning begging for money. I might be looking for a better alternative than them. They don't seem to be doing very much. I only belong because of my gun club.
I'm going to email the NRA and tell them that they're not getting a dime out of me and I'm not renewing my instructor credentials with them. Going to donate to GOA and FPC instead.

Quite frankly, I pile way more blame at the feet of the NRA and some on Don Jr. then the POTUS. He is not a gun “guy”, (or gal) as much as some would like to believe. As much as I personally HATE this unconditional edict, liberty in its entirety, will dot survive in any way with the Democrats of 2020. If you could transport me back to 1950-1960’s America, I might be persuaded to vote for a JFK type. Let’s face it, Donald Trump is a respite from the onslaught of what we all can feel coming.

Last edited:
Based on the title of this thread,i went ahead and cashed out my 401k and bought 75 of them thinking there were going to be declared machine guns like the Lightning Link and I would be a millionaire.

Thanks NES ,destroyer of dreams.
[rockon][rofl]

But NOT:
[mg]

Would have been better off letting Congress work out a bill, at least then we could have attached reciprocity or the suppressor deregulation on to it, but nope. Can't do that, giving away rights, yada yada.

Losing bump stocks but gaining suppressors would have been a positive move, but instead of two steps forward and one back, we just went about 10 steps back. Now what's the compromise that can be worked out to get suppressors, SBR's, reciprocity passed? Think about what all else the Anti's want: UBC's, AWB's, semi auto bans... none of those things I'm willing to surrender like I was bump stocks.

See, the NRA doesn't want any NFA items deregulated or national reciprocity passed because they can't make money on the promises. It's a lot like cancer research: there's way more money to be made trying to find the cure for it than there is in actually making a cure for it.

Trump has a lot on his plate and he's always apt for doing what he things will make people like him. Had the NRA did what they're supposed to and told Trump to "make a deal" with Congress on bump stocks, we'd have something, but instead, as always with the NRA, we walk away with less than what we had before.

f*** the NRA.

That bill would have never left committee. NRA should have shut the f*** up about it and let it die (particularly given bump stock manufacturers were drying up organically) instead of acting like they were cutting something off, but they couldn't let a crisis go to waste to gin up hysteria and donations.....

'Turn in or Destroy' - sounds like an illegal taking. If this flies; your car, your motorcycle, your home - ANYTHING could be next. Once you pierce the protective veil, it no longer protects anything.

What did we get for this 'reasonable accommodation'? A kick in the teeth; no reciprocity, no suppressors and no reopening of the registration window.

How about my belt loops? or my finger? or elastic band. It just proves that the people who make laws and rules don't have a f***ing clue what they are doing. It's all on feelings.
By that definition, the 1861 Agar "Coffee Mill" would also be a machine gun, despite the fact that it was manually operated by a crank handle. I wonder how many overnight felons this stinker created?

The rule concludes that bump-fire stocks, "slide-fire" devices, and devices with certain similar characteristics all fall within the prohibition on machine guns by allowing a "shooter of a semiautomatic firearm to initiate a continuous firing cycle with a single pull of the trigger," and therefore, they are illegal under federal law.

CDqD1KV.jpg

The fact that bump stocks are stupid is completely true
and absolutely unimportant.

What is important is that they are a Stupid Gun Trick
that may turn out to be the camel's nose under the tent.

The vast majority of people don't know about the rubber band trick.
Most politicians don't know about it.
Most hoplophobe snowflakes don't know about it.
Most independent voters don't know about it.
Most gun owners don't know about it.

Probably because, inexplicably, Ted Nugent
hasn't managed to get on the evening news,
waving rubber bands in the air.

However, if you think no staffer on the Donk party's
gun control committee knows about it,
you're in for a big surprise.

And guess what the solution to "rubber band crisis" is?

It's not to ban rubber bands -
it's to ban all semi-auto longarms.

And Surprise!
When someone rolls out the "ban all semi-autos" program
the morning after bump stocks are banned,
it's not going to happen because the majority of gun-grabbers
"are Stupid People who don't understand what semi-auto means".

It's going to happen because some activist staffer whose day job
is to find a way to ban a wide swath of guns
EMailed all the MSM Chattering Skulls
a link to of a YoutUbe video of a rubber band demo.

A video recorded by some gun owner delighted to show how smart they are.

A video that underscores that it works for any semi-auto.

A video that suddenly goes viral after it runs 24/7 on cable news,
and gets watched by 80% of the gun-grabbing snowflakes within the week.

That's the risk you can look forward to.
And that's why the risk exists.
The SLA did not use rubber bands. All Donald Defreeze, "Cinque" or whatever the hell that psycho called himself used was a common file. He converted legal semiauto rifles to full-auto this way and that was back in the early 1970s. Patty Hearst's carbine was M1 illegally converted to M2. Laws do not stop criminals. How long before our bureaucrats get that?

Jesus what the hell happened?? I thought this thing was doomed or at max become an NFA item. While I got rid of mine I still don’t get the bam as 99.9% of all shootings never used anything close to this piece of plastic. I’d like to hear the explanation from the NRA on why the supported this if they did. Could it be by supporting it some of the NRA friendly politicians will help on other legislation? Maybe this was a give to them to protect them?

Back
Top Bottom