• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BREAKING: DoJ Rules That Bump Fire Stocks Are Now Machine Guns, court says hold it update post 301

k2taQQH.jpg

So what are we getting for this? I mean it’s something legal that has been for years. The ATF gave their blessing in 2010 and someone must have had something as California banned them in 1990.

So this is just a give away? How about re-opening the machine gun window and allow new to be bought and sold?

And yet just a few weeks left for house/senate/trump to push a bill through and do something. Trump and the Rs have had 2 years to really cram things in and they have not.
They said they where going to get rid of obama care.....nothing. My healthcare went up and my pay went down. Oh next enrollment period wife and I already know dental and eye will be going up.
Ok so maybe better than clinton but still Rs and Trump are not exactly holding up to what they said they would do.

They said they where going to get rid of Obama care.....nothing

McCain voted no and that was before Flake and Sasse turned into preening backstabbing cucks. The votes aren't there to kill it and that's why the bill hasn't been brought back to the floor for a re-vote.

The Senate next year will have the margins to pass a repeal, but the House won't. Previously the House has the margin to pass when the Senate didn't.

Trump did everything he could through administration action with departmental directives to permit sales of insurance across lines, associations to form health insurance pools/relaxing of the regulations of who can sell insurance, not enforcing penalties, waivers, etc. But ultimately it is up to Congress and SCotUS to strike down laws if the people want them changed or if they are unconstitutional.

I agree,Ocasio-Cortez,Gavin Newsome or even Hillary Clinton will do far less damage to this country when they have control of all 3 houses.

Let's see national reciprocity nothing, it's literally sitting on Mcconells desk while the clock runs out. SCOTUS we seem to be batting zero in second amendment cases. Meanwhile liberals seem to be batting 1000 in lower court rulings. Bump stock ban that flies in the face of the us constitution, not a peep from republicans. I remember Trump being onstage and saying "Your second amendment rights are safe with me". That seems like it's turning out to be a lie as well. So what's better the politician who wants to actively disarm people and says it out loud, or the the politician that offers lip service while working in dark rooms on deregulating the sub prime lending market priming the country for another economic downturn?

Can the OP change this title, at least until it's true?

or the the politician that offers lip service while working in dark rooms on deregulating the sub prime lending market priming the country for another economic downturn?
To be fair sub prime lending was caused by regulation forcing it, not deregulation allowing it.

So what are we getting for this? I mean it’s something legal that has been for years. The ATF gave their blessing in 2010 and someone must have had something as California banned them in 1990.

So this is just a give away? How about re-opening the machine gun window and allow new to be bought and sold?

Exactly! The answer here was if they want to regulate them as machine guns, reopen the machine gun register and allow new machine guns to be bought and sold just like they used to be. Pay your $200, get your stamp, drill your hole, and drop in your autosear. Fun is had everywhere. That's a net win for a reclassification of a shitty spring and piece of plastic.

Well there is the opposing viewpoint that all firearms and related items should be registered and one could argue we have a Baby Registry why not Firearms!!

This message was completely sarcastic but I welcome the brutal comments, it’s that kind of Friday!

it has been two years since Trump's promise to jail Illary and drain the swamp. I had faith two full years and I don't see either one of them is happening.

All I want from Trump is to restore f***ing rule of law. That simple. I don't see it. Sessions has been the worst choice by far in the area where reform need to come most.

What I see is the same pattern: R candidate that f***s his electorate vs. outrageous D candidate that makes R look good. But I don't see any progress, business as usual. All I hear is the "5d chess" excuses when people question about Trump's commitment to his promises. It's backfiring already which midterms are perfectly illustrated. It's not me, it's a whole lot of other people who see it that way.

How much time do you think this should take? Trump is basically up against the entire planet. Its taken over 100 years of steady decline to get us here. You think it can be reversed in two months? It's a slow road back and I'm just as unhappy about that as you, but no one else could do what Trump is doing.

What drives me up the wall about this whole thing is the utter absurdity of how the bump stock is viewed by not only the anti-gun left, but most centrists/gun owners and a chunk of NRA members. Heck my very own brother, who I just helped build his first AR, thinks they are bad. It is only a subset, those like us here that really understand how they do not enable any new functionality. The belt loop or rubber band thing is lost on them. They think that there is a distinction with a bump stock because at some level they are not able to think critically.

...because at some level they are not able to think critically.
George Carlin said it best;
"Think about how dumb the average person is, then remember that half of people are dumber than that."

Gotta figure most (not all) people under 35 weren't taught critical thinking, or at least didn't focus on it, in school.

What drives me up the wall about this whole thing is the utter absurdity of how the bump stock is viewed by not only the anti-gun left, but most centrists/gun owners and a chunk of NRA members. Heck my very own brother, who I just helped build his first AR, thinks they are bad. It is only a subset, those like us here that really understand how they do not enable any new functionality. The belt loop or rubber band thing is lost on them. They think that there is a distinction with a bump stock because at some level they are not able to think critically.

The fact that bump stocks are stupid is completely true
and absolutely unimportant.

What is important is that they are a Stupid Gun Trick
that may turn out to be the camel's nose under the tent.

The vast majority of people don't know about the rubber band trick.
Most politicians don't know about it.
Most hoplophobe snowflakes don't know about it.
Most independent voters don't know about it.
Most gun owners don't know about it.

Probably because, inexplicably, Ted Nugent
hasn't managed to get on the evening news,
waving rubber bands in the air.

However, if you think no staffer on the Donk party's
gun control committee knows about it,
you're in for a big surprise.

And guess what the solution to "rubber band crisis" is?

It's not to ban rubber bands -
it's to ban all semi-auto longarms.

And Surprise!
When someone rolls out the "ban all semi-autos" program
the morning after bump stocks are banned,
it's not going to happen because the majority of gun-grabbers
"are Stupid People who don't understand what semi-auto means".

It's going to happen because some activist staffer whose day job
is to find a way to ban a wide swath of guns
EMailed all the MSM Chattering Skulls
a link to of a YoutUbe video of a rubber band demo.

A video recorded by some gun owner delighted to show how smart they are.

A video that underscores that it works for any semi-auto.

A video that suddenly goes viral after it runs 24/7 on cable news,
and gets watched by 80% of the gun-grabbing snowflakes within the week.

That's the risk you can look forward to.
And that's why the risk exists.

Meh I have one just because. That being said it's on a saiga 12 I doubt I'll be walking rounds up the berm..

Attachments

• IMG_20180303_135559.jpg
    IMG_20180303_135559.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 60
So a tripod, ar15 with a belt feed adapter and a bump stock = a crew-served weapon?

Hey. If you mount a bump stock on a machinegun does it negate itself and turn into a single shot?
Either that or it grows a second barrel to account for all that extra killy you just enabled it to dish out. Also FIFY. Fragile as that might be. Can't be a crew-served weapon without a reason to need a crew now!
That being said this whole thing is one stupid joke.

The initiative to ban bump stocks had been met with skepticism by Democratic lawmakers in Congress, who questioned whether the measure would be enough to combat the scourge of mass shootings.

And there it is. You can't stop a mass shooter, van-driver-runner-overer, sword-wielder or propane-bottle-blower-upper. You can't.

"Yajustdon'tgetit, doya Scott?"

George Carlin said it best;
"Think about how dumb the average person is, then remember that half of people are dumber than that."

Gotta figure most (not all) people under 35 weren't taught critical thinking, or at least didn't focus on it, in school.

100 is by definition the average IQ. So half of humans have an IQ below that. 85 is the cutoff for military service in the US because you do not hold enough intelligence to be trainable and make positive decisions using that training. 10% of the human population has an IQ below 85

Back
Top Bottom