• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BREAKING: DoJ Rules That Bump Fire Stocks Are Now Machine Guns, court says hold it update post 301

Its not yet finalized or a law. Not that it would be a law anyway. Laws are passed by the legislature. Not unelected bureaucrats in unconstitutional agencies such as the ATF.
Very Fake definition.
Statutes are passed by legislatures.
In the United States, all three branches of government can create laws.
ETA: And so can the people.

I am sure they will, but it seems like in this country you need a lot of money to push whatever agenda.

DOJ is basically making laws, not congress. Dumb laws too.

I really hope that all gun owners can temporarily put their hate of cats, bicycles and bump stocks behind and look at this as an additional infringement. We should stand as one and support the fight to push these a**h***s back.

Damn. I hate all three. Go figure.

But NFA is written as it's written. Maybe it's time to amend it. And by amend, I mean TAKE CRAP OUT OF IT! ;)

I think the word you're looking for is "Repeal"

better yet acknowledge that it was an infringement on fundamental right from day one by a bunch of treasonous POS. Make it a lesson to future generations ... I'm probably on freedom acid, none of this would happen but it feels good to say out laud.

(I'm sure it will open me to criticism, but)
how many NESers now objecting to ATF (or anyone else)
moving to declare bump stocks illegal,
were first astonished that bump stocks
had ever been declared legal in the first place?

I am continuously astonished how much freedom our master bestow on us on daily basis. We all could be living in barracks and work for free, but somehow our masters are free ranging us, letting us go from one end of the pasture to another without a permission slip from a LEO in the tower.

People here need to understand the nuances of politics more.

Irony of the century.

Yeah most of us are on the right but it wasn't just the right who got Trump elected, it was people in the middle as well. Centrists comprise a large part of the electorate and like it or not, Trump sometimes has to appeal to them to have a shot at winning future elections. Kicking the issue to SCOTUS gives him political cover and (hopefully) gives us what we want in the end.

Oh, that's how politics work, and it was all apart of Trump's plan![rofl]

I am sure they will, but it seems like in this country you need a lot of money to push whatever agenda.

DOJ is basically making laws, not congress. Dumb laws too.

I really hope that all gun owners can temporarily put their hate of cats, bicycles and bump stocks behind and look at this as an additional infringement. We should stand as one and support the fight to push these a**h***s back.

So true, and it's essentially a rogue agency that lacks the usual checks and balances any arm of the gov should have. A more appropriate name would be Ministry of Political Correctness- I see little regard for blind justice.

Isnt it strange how the doj can look at something and say that it isnt an nfa regulated item, then that same doj can look at the very same object and ban it literally within a matter of a few years. The device has not changed, definition of said device has not changed nor has any language in the nfa been changed for this to make any sense, but somehow it's now illegal. Moves like this is what really scares me about our government

And that my friend is knee-jerk politics...

Isnt it strange how the doj can look at something and say that it isnt an nfa regulated item, then that same doj can look at the very same object and ban it literally within a matter of a few years. The device has not changed, definition of said device has not changed nor has any language in the nfa been changed for this to make any sense, but somehow it's now illegal. Moves like this is what really scares me about our government

it's definition of terror:
the use of terror to intimidate people, especially for political reasons; terrorism.

you wake up and something that was legal and in common use is suddenly against the law to possess. This goes way beyond second amendment. Big brother is invading into people's lives and tell them what they can and can't do.

The means to regulate is also coated in bullshit. NFA was technically "a tax" and recent ruling about making guns in KS means that people there can't make MGs for their use because they may trade them across state lines, so now it's Fed issue. Everything is coated in total bullshit and lies. And somehow this is for my own f***ing benefit?

This country is moving toward the state of MA: elections don't matter, vote or no vote, unelected bureaucrats are making laws to make your life shit. Then comes the question, why the f*** are taxpayers paying for a large portion of US population to do nothing and just make them miserable. This is NOT public service, it's no service at all. All we got is these public servants causing grief and fear.

(I'm sure it will open me to criticism, but)
how many NESers now objecting to ATF (or anyone else)
moving to declare bump stocks illegal,
were first astonished that bump stocks
had ever been declared legal in the first place?

Astonished they were legal?? Nope. Astonished someone would make them??? Yep. Bullet-wasters. But we've had spring-loaded and other "machine gun" triggers marketed for decades. Astonished they were so popular??? Yes. Again, a bullet-waster in teh first place.

I do NOT support the ban because. . . . it's fiat law. Change NFA if you want to include any sort of device. As bad as the NFA is, it defines what a machine gun is and what isn't. As someone said above, is Jerry Michalicha. . . Mikaluka. . . Mamaluke. . . . Whatever going to be declared illegal b/c he can shoot so fast????

And that my friend is knee-jerk politics...

Technically arm and shoulder-jerk.

I like much of what Trump has done. This, criminalizing possession of pieces of plastic, is NOT one of them. I realize it's likely a bone to the GunControl dogs, but such rabid dogs are never happy with just a bone, they want the whole cow. Rabid dogs need to be shot down, figuratively speaking, not appeased.

Let’s say they re-open it, let’s say it even includes a new amnesty for what you already have. It’s not going to stay open though.

Would you put anything on a list? I know I wouldn’t, not the way they have handled things around the country.

Some states have banned possession of bump-stocks, turn them in or get rid of them.

Some lunatic decides that bump-stocks are kinda like machine guns and we banned/confiscated them - why not do the same with real machine guns? And we already know who has them.

The real question is: Are they going to take them or open the MG registry to
add them to it. They don't have a serial number stamped in metal like they
made Glock do to approve for sale in the US.

Malodave

Malodave
My take is that ATF wants no part of this. It's confusing and makes work for them. Jack.

Malodave

Should be interesting how that plays out if it comes to it. In the end I just don’t see how it survives court challenges but that will be drawn out over years.

In the mean time I might be adding a Stretch-Fire Systems stringy band upgrade to my fully semi-auto goastly gun. The one with 30 caliber clip in case you needed to know.

Note the acknowledgement that there will be legal challenges etc......

How do you think the courts will rule on a poison pill reglation that mandates basically an unconstitutional seizure of private property within 90 days with no compensation?

We're basically talking about immanent domain law now......

Probably the same way they did in. Massachusetts.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom