• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bought a gun, found a ring, in the gun. Um, WTH?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
This is an interesting one. I've found a lot of things in guns in my years. Oil, grease, grime, cosmo, dirt and all kinds of burnt powder, but the one thing I never ever thought I'd find in a gun was a woman's ring. So I just picked up a Ruger Vaquero in 45Colt a couple days ago and was having a little trouble cycling it for some reason. I was a little concerned as there was no problem with it at the store. So as I'm trying to pull the hammer back all of a sudden the hammer pulls back smooth, the cylinder turns and I see this silver thing fall from the gun and bounce on the floor. I'm thinking WTH is that. I pick it up and it's a very small woman's ring. [shocked] I'm thinking something on the Ruger has to be all scratched up, but no matter where I look on the gun I see no marring or scratches. The really weird thing is I cannot for the life of me figure out where it came from on the gun. The gun was in a sealed plastic bag in the case and the guy who did the transfer was the one who unsealed the bag to confirm the serial number and then it went back in the bag.

So I have a gun and a woman's ring. Thinking of calling Ruger to check and see if it belongs to someone on the production line. Weird [thinking]

The gun
CFgadzg.jpg

The ring
VbiIHim.jpg

Good idea creating this thread so you can show it to your wife as evidence that you're not cheating [wink]

I saw this thread title and was about to tell you it's no bid deal. My wife hides her rings in my gun safe all the time.

But in a new gun? That's crazy. It must have been someone on the line's

Check the cylinder and make sure the finger isn't in there too [shocked]
Find out if the sign in the Ruger factory says 0 days without an accident.

Put it in a fire for 5 minutes or so and see if you see any writing like this on it:

800px-The_One_Ring_by_Yukatan.svg.png

“Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.”

Yeah, be glad you bought the one with the ring sealed in the bag. Must be a finger in a bag somewhere...

Back
Top Bottom