Bought a gun, found a ring, in the gun. Um, WTH?

Weird. The band part of the ring may have been stuck in between the frame and the front lower section of the cylinder, and you just didn't notice it?

I didn't notice it at all. The cylinder cycled perfectly at the store and when I got home with her. So following the instructions I pulled the retaining pin holding the cylinder in, slid the cylinder to the side so I could get the yellow protector out of the cylinder, pushed the cylinder back into place and then put the pin back in. As soon as I tried to pull the hammer back the issue started. Somehow when I removed the plastic protector this ring must have moved to start binding the action.

And the really sad thing is.... I counted......

Same here.

Do you only have 4 on each? Cause there should be five. If you're only able to count to 18 that might be the problem. [wink]

Ha ha.

If you still had your card you would remember that every turtle assumes the other owns a really nice donkey.

Yeah, ?

Maybe a joke went way over my head, but seriously, where could you possibly hide a ring in a vaquero?

Good reminder I guess to clean a new used gun before shooting!

I don't get it either, but that IS a good lesson to take away from this thread!

20130508_turtles_band_91.jpg

And youngsters these days think that gender ambiguity is a new invention.

I new a guy that would hide money from his wife. One time he put a hundred dollar bill in his shotgun barrel and forgot about it until we went pheasant hunting. Guess what happened.

This is an interesting one. I've found a lot of things in guns in my years. Oil, grease, grime, cosmo, dirt and all kinds of burnt powder, but the one thing I never ever thought I'd find in a gun was a woman's ring. So I just picked up a Ruger Vaquero in 45Colt a couple days ago and was having a little trouble cycling it for some reason. I was a little concerned as there was no problem with it at the store. So as I'm trying to pull the hammer back all of a sudden the hammer pulls back smooth, the cylinder turns and I see this silver thing fall from the gun and bounce on the floor. I'm thinking WTH is that. I pick it up and it's a very small woman's ring. [shocked] I'm thinking something on the Ruger has to be all scratched up, but no matter where I look on the gun I see no marring or scratches. The really weird thing is I cannot for the life of me figure out where it came from on the gun. The gun was in a sealed plastic bag in the case and the guy who did the transfer was the one who unsealed the bag to confirm the serial number and then it went back in the bag.

So I have a gun and a woman's ring. Thinking of calling Ruger to check and see if it belongs to someone on the production line. Weird [thinking]

The gun
CFgadzg.jpg

The ring
VbiIHim.jpg

Brah, your gun proposed to you!

Did you say "yes"?

"See the TURTLE of Enormous Girth"
"On his shell he holds the Earth."
"His thought is slow, but always kind."
"He holds us all within his mind."
"On his back all vows are made;"
"He sees the truth but mayn't aid."
"He loves the land and loves the sea,"
"And even loves a child like me."

Maturin

From the Dark Tower books
maybe you are the last Gunslinger LOL!

Glad I am not the only one who thought of this...

Back
Top Bottom