Boston "Safe Homes" - No Leads in Four Weeks

So the idea is to wait for a concerned parent to call up saying that their kid is in to some trouble and they think they might have guns in the house? But couldn't that parent have accomplished the same exact thing before the official "Program" that they're running?

Just a whole bunch of flashy nonsense to make it look like theyre doing something to prevent violence so that they'll keep getting votes. It's clear to us that you're not doing anything to prevent crime every time a felon gets out on parole and repeat offends. And it's clear to the victims of those violent crimes who are not allowed to carry a gun or have a means of defending themselves from those thugs that you gave a slap on the wrist to. Thanks Menino, thanks Martha, thanks Deval. I can only hope that a year from now we won't be adding the name "Obama" to that list.

Shocked... I'm just shocked.

“We received two potential referrals but ultimately decided that they were not appropriate for the program,” said BPD spokeswoman Elaine Driscoll.
But I'd love to know the story on THESE calls.

As "Mumbles Menino" has said. "It's all those guns coming in from out of state". Maybe he should expand his program to have the Boston Cops start checking all bedrooms in New England.

Now folks lets give this new plan a chance. With all the scrutiny around detail work these days, a good job sitting by the phone for this program away from the public eye is just what the department needs. There should be at least 50 to 60 of the most senior folks assigned to this task at all times getting at least time and a half.

Thanks for taking an interest in Boston and for posting the update. Life in the city boundaries is certainly grand and getting grander. Does anybody remember the big hoopla about Boston's million dollar investment in Shot Spotter? I believe it worked on one occasion. I'm sure if it was worthwhile, they'd be boasting that X number of shooters have been arrested due to the accurate detection of shot spotter. Nope we haven't heard a peep. The only true shot spotter is the individual who discovers the downed body. Boston has cops walking the beat. It depends upon the neighborhood and who you ask. If you ask the police, "why sure we're here;" if you ask the citizens you'll hear that the police sit in the cruiser. In the meantime, the gangsters are still killing each other and as a side show, some skinny scum of a man has taken to beating the elderly. On Monday, an 86 year old man was beaten and robbed in front of his home in Hyde Park. Within 48 hours, a man fitting the same description of the suspect in that beating entered the elderly housing complex apartment of a 88 year old woman and beat her. He attempted to rape her. This incident happened a stone's throw from the Hyde Park police station at four in the morning. Both of these crimes are in the same area, within a half mile of each other. The Mayor ran off to visit the scum gangster family of shooting victim Liquarry Jefferson but has no comment on the events in Hyde Park. A gun wasn't involved as far as we know so he has no interest in making headlines or visiting the injured.
Why would anyone in their right mind invite the police to search their homes for an illegal firearm? These are inter-generational gangster families, it's the family business! I hope police officials don't have cops sitting by idle as is the Maytag repairman, waiting for the phone to ring. The problem as usual is that the mayor, and his police appointees haven't figured out or refuse to acknowledge that the only way to stop crime is to take the perpetrators off the street and have them serve hard time. Pardon my venting.....
Best Regards.

Fell better now, Riverside? [wink]

Seriously, we're here if you need to vent some more. Can't offer much more than a sympathetic ear, but sometimes it helps.

Ross

I share all the Boston pain.
I lived in the North End in the late part of last century when a rapist was running around. The BPD announced a public event where women could apply for a license to carry a pepper spray. The bastards set up a table and when women came in to apply they nailed them for unpaid parking tickets and denied the permits. Bastards. They're all bastards and liars and thieves.

Does anybody remember the big hoopla about Boston's million dollar investment in Shot Spotter? I believe it worked on one occasion.
Best Regards.

This isn't entirely true. The original response to Monday's quadruple shooting was triggered by the shot spotter system, not by someone tripping over a body. That doesn't necessarily translate into an arrest, but I believe BPD is actually very happy with the results so far. Admittedly that doesn't necessarily translate into on-scene arrests.

Of course it also helps if people remember to only shoot each other within the areas covered by the system.

Last edited:
This isn't entirely true. The original response to Monday's quadruple shooting was triggered by the shot spotter system, not by someone tripping over a body. That doesn't necessarily translate into an arrest, but I believe BPD is actually very happy with the results so far. Admittedly that doesn't necessarily translate into on-scene arrests.

Of course it also helps if people remember to only shoot each other within the areas covered by the system.

The BPD News site does not mention the involvement of the shot spotter system. It did on one occasion that I'm aware of. The BPD did publicise the initial location of these devices so that's not secret information. I would think that they would mention in their briefings that the Shot Spotter led them to the location along with the reports received by citizens. You say the Shot Spotter is making a worthwhile contribution, that's good to hear.
Yes, thanks for reading my rant. [wink]
Best Regards.

Back
Top Bottom