Boston PD Website, absolute fustercluck

So, I was browsing for knife laws of various cities, because as a police officer improperly told me, Worcester has a blade length limit regardless of whether you hold a class A license or not (incorrect). I came to Boston's government website, trying to find the city ordinances and regulations which by the way is absolutely impossible and I still haven't found them. After trying the actual Boston town hall stuff I went to Boston PD. When I get to the Boston PD's website what is the first thing I see, big bold letters "BOSTON GUN BUYBACK", this article goes on to say:

Q. Why is the community launching this program?
A. This program is a citywide community effort led by neighbors who have been impacted by an increase in gun violence. Taking guns off the street is at the heart of violence prevention and we must do everything we can to put an end to the senseless violence. Every gun turned in to the program is a life potentially saved.

This program is really nice if some old lady's husband just died and she doesn't want the gun, ya it's safe and she can get money for it. However, does Boston really think law abiding gun owners won't read that paragraph and laugh in their face. Every gun out of a citizens hand makes for a safer city, yaa.......

"The buyback program is one part of a larger anti-gun strategy and opportunity to mobilize our community in joint efforts against gun violence."

They have the gall to simply come out and say "Hey everyone, we're anti-gun idiots."

Anyways, everyone already knows Boston is a cesspit of firearms ignorance and anti-gun pride. Just sharing this trash. Thanks.

However, does Boston really think law abiding gun owners won't read that paragraph and laugh in their face. Every gun out of a citizens hand makes for a safer city, yaa.......

Why exactly would you expect Boston to care what law abiding gun owners think of a program not designed for them?

Here's the Boston ordinances:
http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/Massachusetts/boston/cityofbostonmunicipalcode?f=templates$fn=altmain-nf-contents.htm$3.0&tt=altmain-nf.htm&t=altmain-nf-contents.htm&tf=_self&global=hitdoc_g_&hitdoc_g_dt=altmain-nf.htm

Here's what they have to say about knives:

No person, except as provided by law, shall carry on his person, or carry under his control in a vehicle, any knife having any type of blade in excess of two and one-half (2½ ) inches, ice picks, dirks or similar weapons that are likely to penetrate through police officer's ballistic vests, or other object or tool so redesigned, fashioned, prepared or treated that the same may be used to inflict bodily harm or injury to another, except:
a. When actually engaged in hunting or fishing or any employment, trade or lawful recreational or culinary activity which customarily involves the carrying or use of any type of knife, or
b. In going directly to and/or returning directly from such activities, or
c. If the knife is being transported directly to or from a place of purchase, sharpening, or repair, and if packaged in such a manner as not to allow easy access to the knife while it is being transported.

what is considered "provided by law"

Depending on how you read the section of the law, someone with an LTC could be construed to be "provided by law" with the right to carry deadly weapons. AFAIK this is not tested by any case law or anything else, so it probably doesn't make a difference.

Here's the Boston ordinances:
http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway....f&global=hitdoc_g_&hitdoc_g_dt=altmain-nf.htm

Here's what they have to say about knives:

No person, except as provided by law, shall carry on his person, or carry under his control in a vehicle, any knife having any type of blade in excess of two and one-half (2½ ) inches, ice picks, dirks or similar weapons that are likely to penetrate through police officer's ballistic vests, or other object or tool so redesigned, fashioned, prepared or treated that the same may be used to inflict bodily harm or injury to another, except:
a. When actually engaged in hunting or fishing or any employment, trade or lawful recreational or culinary activity which customarily involves the carrying or use of any type of knife, or
b. In going directly to and/or returning directly from such activities, or
c. If the knife is being transported directly to or from a place of purchase, sharpening, or repair, and if packaged in such a manner as not to allow easy access to the knife while it is being transported.

Hey there,

Thanks for this. I actually saw this same link but it doesn't seem to be from any official website related to the Boston governance so I'm always a little iffy. Worcester is basically this exact same thing except they have a clause basically saying unless you carry a Class A or B license.

Back
Top Bottom