BOSTON OFFICER WAVES GUN IN VIDEOGRAPHER’S FACE

I saw no indication the video guy was being a dick. Regardless, he didn't deserve to have a loaded gun pointed at his face.

Nor can you tell when a police officer sweeps you with one.

Pointed at his face? Sweeping? You guys must have been watching a different video than I was. Feel free to point out the time point in the video where the muzzle is pointed at the videographer.

This whole thread and THAT is what you choose to comment on? I'm an engineir u cant espeked me 2 now how 2 spel.
Guilty .... I have a problem with all the people in this world who cant seem to grasp the language or there misuse of it.

Not sure what the issue is with this one....

Cops doing some stuff, camera guy gets nosy. Cop tells him to get back. The camera guy got to record. He was wrong for getting up on the cops when they were doing their thing.

Cameraboi was a ass. The cop he approached was a little jerky, but up to the 2:10 point where I stopped watching, hadn't gotten out of line yet.

Entirely possible the tenor of the encounter changed right after that, but my stomach is growling for coffee, so that must be left to speculation.

(Where Cameraboi went wrong was approaching and interrupting the event - nobody bothered him up to that point)

Cameraboi was a ass. The cop he approached was a little jerky, but up to the 2:10 point where I stopped watching, hadn't gotten out of line yet.

Entirely possible the tenor of the encounter changed right after that, but my stomach is growling for coffee, so that must be left to speculation.

(Where Cameraboi went wrong was approaching and interrupting the event)

I watched the whole thing. In the end the cops and kids shook hands and left.

I get that people can video what they want. If that's your thing then go for it. I'm fairly certain that if a cops is taking care of business and you interfere you could have legal issues. The cop said nothing to the video guy until the guy approached him and asked what was gong on.

These video guys can be helpful but they should keep their distance. The original video of this thread yeah, that video guy had a legitimate gripe. He was on the other side of the street and the police came over to him.

This guy walked up to the cop. totally different.

Well, to me...and i could be wrong.....but the cops were conducting what looked like official police business with those young men. This guy moving up on them could be considered interfering. Plus the cops have guns on their hips I would not be comfortable with some stranger coming up behind me.....

So for me on this cop and his actions...no issue. The camera guy should have just STFU and continued with the video. He had no reason to say anything to the cop. It's none of his business. Just my opinion.

I think he got off easy.

I agree he should have stayed back. The allowance for videoing a cop is just that, videoing only. If you walk up to the situation and start to ask questions, that is interfering. That was stupid on his part. Like a waitress or sales rep, the cop is in customer service position. You can get your point across and do your job in a respectful, professional manner. The cop was an obnoxious dick and that was unnecessary.

The other cop who was talking to the kids could have come over and joined in and pushed the camera guy around, he didn't but some would have.

The number 2 for the Boston police, the stocky big black guy. Look up the video of him talking to a punk an hr or two after the cop was shot in the face. Very professional and always polite even when the punk was mouthing off and looking to be an ass. The cop in this video wasn't way over the top but he was still a dick and could have asked him to move back in a better way. He's the type that will escalate a situation where he should be bring it down.

The cop in this video wasn't way over the top but he was still a dick and could have asked him to move back in a better way. He's the type that will escalate a situation where he should be bring it down.

Have to agree to disagree with you on that one. I think the camera guy was looking for the escalation. In either case the camera guy stayed back after that so I think he got the point....lol

Have to agree to disagree with you on that one. I think the camera guy was looking for the escalation. In either case the camera guy stayed back after that so I think he got the point....lol

He could have been looking for that. It's the cops job to not take the bait. It's not the crime of the century but if his superiors see the video, I think they would correct him.

I just love how cops and people like you look at someone who is concerned with their and other peoples rights as trying to escalate things. Sad and pathetic.

I just love how cops and people like you look at someone who is concerned with their and other peoples rights as trying to escalate things. Sad and pathetic.

Was that you with the camera that the cops shoved back?

Last edited:
Was that you with the camera that the cops shoved back?

Don't you think he had a dick attitude though? Just simply say 'sir, please don't approach us or interfere. Video but keep you distance. Thank you.'. Same message but in a nice way.

Don't you think he had a dick attitude though? Just simply say 'sir, please don't approach us or interfere. Video but keep you distance. Thank you.'. Same message but in a nice way.

Ya...I guess but I don't know how many of these self righteous idiots they encounter each day. I'm sure it gets on their nerves.

I'll watch the video again but the video guy was annoying to me and I'm not a cop....lol

Ya...I guess but I don't know how many of these self righteous idiots they encounter each day. I'm sure it gets on their nerves.

I'll watch the video again but the video guy was annoying to me and I'm not a cop....lol

Getting on one's nerves is not an excuse, nevermind an acceptable one.

The cop needs to be professional each time. If he can't he should find another career.

The cop needs to be professional each time. If he can't he should find another career.

Nope...watched it again. Who the heck is this guy? "I'm just making sure the kids are alright" That's none of his business.

The first statement out of the cops mouth..."Can you back up please" and he didn't' put his hands on him until he didn't back up.

I'm on the cop's side as far as the video guy goes. Them harassing the kids about their own bikes is pathetic.

But the cop had it right..."you're just looking for a reaction".

The video guy was being a wise ass. So sticking to my guns so to speak about the video guy.

Back
Top Bottom