• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BOSTON OFFICER WAVES GUN IN VIDEOGRAPHER’S FACE

he was just showing him all the evidence. Question about the consenting adult thing.....is that a concern if there is a crime committed in public? Are they not supposed to identify underage criminals? What is the law on that.

That looks like the exact airsoft gun I got with the orange tip removed..
I highly doubt even stupid cops would wave an actual evidence gun around like that in someones face
But I've been proven wrong before.

http://www.hobbytron.com/SpringMetal45StylePistolAirsoftGun.html#

DYT-G6-lg.jpg

What in the world is the officers reasoning for getting all frustrated? The guy with the camera was simply video taping the situation which isn't a crime at all. I have all the respect in the world for officers and what they do but honestly the aggression and the manner in which they like to treat the situation really should be changed. How do you expect others to treat you with respect if your going around treating others as if they were lower than dirt?

What in the world is the officers reasoning for getting all frustrated? The guy with the camera was simply video taping the situation which isn't a crime at all. I have all the respect in the world for officers and what they do but honestly the aggression and the manner in which they like to treat the situation really should be changed. How do you expect others to treat you with respect if your going around treating others as if they were lower than dirt?

because I'm the po-lice, get the **** back.

i know...like the dude was ll the way across the street. He was even standing next to a cop in the car and the cop just drove away. He wasn't bothering anyone and he certainly as not interfering with them, however the sarge wanted to interfere with him and did to some degree.

Airsoft companies pride themselves on making exact replicas, so no surprise there.
I have an M&P 9mm and an AR-15 airsoft where if you painted the tips black even a well trained eye would have a tough time telling the difference from any distance beyond just a few feet.

The Sargent made him turn the camera away from his face saying he didn't give permission to be videotaped...I thought this issue had been ruled on?

It has, the Glik decision from the 1st circuit federal appeals court. Cop is an ass and either uniformed (doubtful) or just ignores the constitution.

Copblock dot com? LOL seems to be a play on another type of block. Send your donations now [rofl].

IMO this video would not be my choice if I were trying to make cops look bad. Bit of a stretch here...

Airsoft companies pride themselves on making exact replicas, so no surprise there.
I have an M&P 9mm and an AR-15 airsoft where if you painted the tips black even a well trained eye would have a tough time telling the difference from any distance beyond just a few feet.

why does it always have to be a black thing?

kind of on the fence on this one, just an investigation of a shooting. no police shooting or abusing a citizen (or non-citizen). i know it's legal to video, but why do it just to piss off a cop? flames coming to me probably, but i can handle it.

disclaimer: i am not a leo

kind of on the fence on this one, just an investigation of a shooting. no police shooting or abusing a citizen (or non-citizen). i know it's legal to video, but why do it just to piss off a cop? flames coming to me probably, but i can handle it.

The fact that you think the reason for filming the cops is to piss them off is why you deserve flames.

Why not film? Why would he need a reason? Maybe he just wanted the cops to know it might not be the right time to...I don't know... beat him senseless or break his spine.

Public street, public "event." No expectation of privacy by the police. No "reason" needed to film.

Yep, dope with camera was a dick, looking to be a dick.

Ah yes, it never fails, there are always a few who think their irrational opinion of someone "being a dick" for exercising a right is a good reason why people shouldn't.

Yep, dope with camera was a dick, looking to be a dick.

Be nice. If someone calls the cops momma a whore, be nice.

Did you see the #2 or #3 cop in the Boston police, a big black guy, talking to some punk after the cop got shot in the face and the perp was leaded up? That punk was a dick and the cop didn't go for it, it was nice the whole time and handled it very well. Part of being a cop is customer service. Not everyone will be nice but you must act appropriately.

The Sargent made him turn the camera away from his face saying he didn't give permission to be videotaped...I thought this issue had been ruled on?

Lol @ thinking cops know the laws.

Suck that leo d...

So, guy isn't videoing, the kid gets beaten to death for "resisting", NES'ers say "we can't question the police on this, there isn't video so we have to trust them". Guy is videoing, gives incentive for the police to keep it in check, NES'ers say "Dude was being a dick for videoing the police, they weren't doing anything, leave them alone to do their job".

Sometimes my head explodes reading these forums, why would videoing the police EVER be a bad idea? Look at Walter Scott, he was apparently murdered in cold blood, without that video it would have been swept under the rug as justified. What better reason do you need to bust out a camera whenever you see an officer?

Back
Top Bottom