BOSTON OFFICER WAVES GUN IN VIDEOGRAPHER’S FACE

because I'm the po-lice, get the **** back.

Hahaha, invaliduser I suppose that is one attitude to have but definitely does not justify their ability to talk down to a fellow human being that can fully comprehend talking normally without all this passive aggressive bs lol

i know...like the dude was ll the way across the street. He was even standing next to a cop in the car and the cop just drove away. He wasn't bothering anyone and he certainly as not interfering with them, however the sarge wanted to interfere with him and did to some degree.

Yea I suppose they will have their reasons, but I definitely think the approach and professionalism could have been tweaked just a bit. Intimidation tactics on some will only bring retaliation whether that be shit talking or doing completely the opposite of what the officer is asking for. Just saying...

So, guy isn't videoing, the kid gets beaten to death for "resisting", NES'ers say "we can't question the police on this, there isn't video so we have to trust them". Guy is videoing, gives incentive for the police to keep it in check, NES'ers say "Dude was being a dick for videoing the police, they weren't doing anything, leave them alone to do their job".

Sometimes my head explodes reading these forums, why would videoing the police EVER be a bad idea? Look at Walter Scott, he was apparently murdered in cold blood, without that video it would have been swept under the rug as justified. What better reason do you need to bust out a camera whenever you see an officer?

I concur, very well said!!! Cops are only human and are susceptible to also being wrong, just because they have a badge does not mean that they are god like beings.

Also reminds me of this [laugh]

pd6FK.png

except for:
1. the cop who told the videographer not to film him (in a public place) and
2. the videographer who should know it's better to hold the camera horizontally.

3. the cop handling a firearm in that manor.

You or I do that and it's brandishing a firearm/assault with a deadly weapon/disorderly conduct.

i see nothing wrong here on either side.

Sure, if you like casual authoritarian threats to be cuffed and stuffed for videoing in a public place, followed up by "tell me where you live". Then again, I suppose that's one way to "break the ice" when meeting a new friend.

I can see both sides. Of course, the videographer had the perfect right to photograph, but at a crime scene, if the cops are touchy, it's probably wise to back off.

It sounded like the cops were letting him know they don't appreciate a whistleblower/paparazzi type standing there, trying to trip them up or catch them in a mistake while they're risking their lives dealing with some kind of low-life shooting incident in a crappy part of town where there is lots of violence.

Frankly if I were a cop who had to go into the parts of Boston where I suspect this is happening in Roxbury or Mattapan, where there are shootings, drug dealers, tons of domestic violence incidents etc., I'd be cranky too. It's a thankless job.

Just my 2 cents :)

I can see both sides. Of course, the videographer had the perfect right to photograph, but at a crime scene, if the cops are touchy, it's probably wise to back off.

It sounded like the cops were letting him know they don't appreciate a whistleblower/paparazzi type standing there, trying to trip them up or catch them in a mistake while they're risking their lives dealing with some kind of low-life shooting incident in a crappy part of town where there is lots of violence.

Frankly if I were a cop who had to go into the parts of Boston where I suspect this is happening in Roxbury or Mattapan, where there are shootings, drug dealers, tons of domestic violence incidents etc., I'd be cranky too. It's a thankless job.

Just my 2 cents :)

Crime scene? It was a toy gun a few kids were playing with. No crime at all.

Boston isn't great but it's also not detroit.

Crime scene? It was a toy gun a few kids were playing with. No crime at all.

Boston isn't great but it's also not detroit.

Oh, a toy gun. Then I have less sympathy for that cop.

Roxbury and Mattapan used to be practically war zones but they've calmed down in recent years. Still armpits, though.

All too many times you have these children carrying these toys and there’s really no way to tell it’s a toy until you have it in your hand.”

Nor can you tell when a police officer sweeps you with one.

Oh, a toy gun. Then I have less sympathy for that cop.

Roxbury and Mattapan used to be practically war zones but they've calmed down in recent years. Still armpits, though.

You really need to go back to the 80's and earlier when it was really a war zone. It wasn't great in the 90's but far better than before. I wouldn't walk in some areas at night. During the day last time I was in there, everything was fine.

I thought as a public servant on public property he doesnt have to consent to video tape (the officer) am i wrong? The attempt to intimidate is what gives em bad names

Whos the guy filming the guy filming?

It's another cop. He has a pistol on his right leg.

I thought as a public servant on public property he doesnt have to consent to video tape (the officer) am i wrong? The attempt to intimidate is what gives em bad names

Correct. The guy should have kept filming the cop, his lack of consent is bs and he knows it.

Boston Police remove illegal guns off the street and even get shot doing so, but over at NES their the badguys !

comedy [rolleyes]

Boston Police remove illegal guns off the street and even get shot doing so, but over at NES their the badguys !

comedy [rolleyes]

I think many of the people on here will agree that we don't hate "all" cops and really appreciate the police when they do their job of protecting and serving. What we DO NOT LIKE is when a cop decided he is above the law and does things that would land you or myself in jail.

Police should be held to a higher standard, not a lower one. The fact that the 'thin blue line' normally supports criminal acts when it's done by a 'brother in blue' is leading cause of the general mistrust of all police.

It really is only a few bad apples (my guess is less then 25%) that think it's ok to be JBT and that they can do what ever they want so they 'can go home at night'. But it's a much smaller percentage that speak out against fellow cops breaking the law (1% at most)

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

comedy [rolleyes]
No. Cops that are doing their job while losing sight of the fact that the majority of us are not ****ing animals are the bad guys.

Someone placed in authority to enforce the law should be the most scrupulous observer of it. Instead, enough le abuse that authority that, just like the handful of looters in Baltimore or Fergie, they taint the good ones by their actions.

Getting upset at a perceived interference with their arrest, OK. Waving a gun, fake or not, in someone's face, that's just ****ing stupid.

comedy [rolleyes]

Why use the word illegal? Boston PD wants to remove all guns from the streets that's why they issue so few CCW's.

The issue here is the cop intimidating the guy recording (did you notice the other cop recording the guy recording) and lying to the guy about the recording law. The BPD is embarrassed because of the cops conduct, as they should be. He should have minded his own business and ignored the guy.

One problem is the guy recording didn't fully understand his own rights. The cop is a punk and should be dismissed without pay, the guy recording should file a criminal complaint against the BPD and the cop.

Back
Top Bottom