BOSTON OFFICER WAVES GUN IN VIDEOGRAPHER’S FACE

I think many of the people on here will agree that we don't hate "all" cops and really appreciate the police when they do their job of protecting and serving. What we DO NOT LIKE is when a cop decided he is above the law and does things that would land you or myself in jail.

Police should be held to a higher standard, not a lower one. The fact that the 'thin blue line' normally supports criminal acts when it's done by a 'brother in blue' is leading cause of the general mistrust of all police.

It really is only a few bad apples (my guess is less then 25%) that think it's ok to be JBT and that they can do what ever they want so they 'can go home at night'. But it's a much smaller percentage that speak out against fellow cops breaking the law (1% at most)

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I won't speak for others here, but I agree with your other comments.

No. Cops that are doing their job while losing sight of the fact that the majority of us are not ****ing animals are the bad guys.

Someone placed in authority to enforce the law should be the most scrupulous observer of it. Instead, enough le abuse that authority that, just like the handful of looters in Baltimore or Fergie, they taint the good ones by their actions.

Getting upset at a perceived interference with their arrest, OK. Waving a gun, fake or not, in someone's face, that's just ****ing stupid.

This action is the exact definition of "bullying". The officer by authority of his badge is bullying some poor subject who is across the street from the police action. Thus he is in no way interfering with their business. Further waving the gun in the guy's face is also bullying. Police arrest and prosecute people for bullying, even minor crap that we all did in school as kids. No reason the same shouldn't happen to the cop (although no way that it will).

One problem is the guy recording didn't fully understand his own rights. The cop is a punk and should be dismissed without pay, the guy recording should file a criminal complaint against the BPD and the cop.

True. Criminal complaint of bullying and Federal Civil Rights lawsuit for violation of his 1st Amendment Rights!

Seems the officer might be in some trouble....

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/28...tigation-after-video-shows-him-waving-toy-gun

BOSTON (MyFoxBoston.com) -- A Boston police officer is under investigation after someone took a video of him holding up a toy gun.

In the video, the officer is seen holding up a toy gun right in front of the camera. But the man who took the video, who identified himself to FOX25 as Brother Lawrence, a man in his 60s, said he was unaware at the time that the gun was fake.

The video was taken in Roxbury while police were investigating several teens seen with the toy gun.

A man on that street started rolling on his cell phone camera. That man told FOX25 that's when the officer came over, asked why he was filming, and showed him the toy gun.

"He said, 'Well how would you like to go for a ride in the cruiser?' And I said, 'For what?' And he said, 'Well, so you can get better footage.'"

Boston police have issued a reminder to officers that filming their activities on public streets is allowed. Boston Police Commissioner William Evans apologized for the incident and the officer is under an internal investigation.

Last edited:
I grew up in Boston and never had a problem with the police ( well, maybe expect in the wee hours when alcohol was involved )

And even then got straightened out and sent on my way.

The couple tickets over the years were appealed at Dorchester court and the clerk told me to have a nice day.

Anyone that lives in the city knows their great people and they will always have my support.

I grew up in Boston and never had a problem with the police ( well, maybe expect in the wee hours when alcohol was involved )

The couple tickets over the years were appealed at Dorchester court and the clerk told me to have a nice day.

Anyone that lives in the city knows their great people and they will always have my support.
Glad your experiences have been positive. That's the way it should be.

Sadly, your experiences are not shared by everyone.

I've known some good, even great cops and I've known some real *******s... Some to the level of psycho *******s...

I'll pick and choose those to whom I'll extend trust and support to.

Boston Police remove illegal guns off the street and even get shot doing so, but over at NES their the badguys !

comedy [rolleyes]

You know when you get that pukey taste back in the corners of your mouth? Your last two posts in this thread gave it to me.

BOSTON (AP) — A Boston police sergeant has apologized to a 61-year-old man he confronted for videotaping officers as they detained a teenager — an incident that prompted a police investigation into apparent intimidation by the sergeant.

Sgt. Henry Staines met with Lawrence Dugan on Friday and apologized. City Police Commissioner William Evans apologized for Staines' actions on Thursday.

http://hosted2.ap.org/MAGRE/4e06196...stigation/id-a174c48f382d4d17b48bb8a754272bd4

Ditto. Seems it's non Bostonians that have the most problems with B.P.D.

i think one person has like 3 accounts i have never seen so much love shared for the BPD in one thread. I personally was screamed at with my wife and daughter in the car by a boston police officer for what ( i asked directions) yup a real winner. no traffic he was just standing on the corner middle of the day and GPS was lost. on a JBT scale i would give this cop a 2 he acted like a nut but no neck stomping. we should just do JBT scales from now on.

i think one person has like 3 accounts i have never seen so much love shared for the BPD in one thread. I personally was screamed at with my wife and daughter in the car by a boston police officer for what ( i asked directions) yup a real winner. no traffic he was just standing on the corner middle of the day and GPS was lost. on a JBT scale i would give this cop a 2 he acted like a nut but no neck stomping. we should just do JBT scales from now on.

He was only being a great person, you just misunderstood the love behind the berating you got.

BOSTON (AP) — A Boston police sergeant has apologized to a 61-year-old man he confronted for videotaping officers as they detained a teenager — an incident that prompted a police investigation into apparent intimidation by the sergeant.

Sgt. Henry Staines met with Lawrence Dugan on Friday and apologized. City Police Commissioner William Evans apologized for Staines' actions on Thursday.

http://hosted2.ap.org/MAGRE/4e06196...stigation/id-a174c48f382d4d17b48bb8a754272bd4

Sorry but I wouldn't accept his apology. I probably would have told him and Evans to go F' themselves.

The bullying by that sgt I'm 1000% certain is the way he operates all the time. Only difference is that he got caught this time.

If BPD was properly managed instead of being politically managed, things like this wouldn't likely happen.

Many years ago at a BC football game I worked with a Boston PO, young guy. He bragged to me something that he did that was way off the rails. I chastised the hell out of that officer and his only retort was that since it happened x months ago and thus he was likely not going to get called on it. My bet is that this is pretty SOP in BPD and that is sad and NOT deserving of forgiveness!

Sorry but I wouldn't accept his apology. I probably would have told him and Evans to go F' themselves.

The bullying by that sgt I'm 1000% certain is the way he operates all the time. Only difference is that he got caught this time.

If BPD was properly managed instead of being politically managed, things like this wouldn't likely happen.

Many years ago at a BC football game I worked with a Boston PO, young guy. He bragged to me something that he did that was way off the rails. I chastised the hell out of that officer and his only retort was that since it happened x months ago and thus he was likely not going to get called on it. My bet is that this is pretty SOP in BPD and that is sad and NOT deserving of forgiveness!
I agree. A bully and a badge is a terrible combination.

The cop should be fired and the commissioner and the superintendent in chief should be put on notice that this behavior will not be tolerated or they will be looking for a new job.

It's ok fellas. If you didn't grow up in the city you wouldn't understand.

The police aren't the enemy. Their your neighbors, the kids you grew up with, the guys you see down at the rink with their kids, at the gym, etc.

but if you got a ticket like 10 yrs ago and still pissed about it then rock on man ! [grin]

It's ok fellas. If you didn't grow up in the city you wouldn't understand.

The police aren't the enemy. Their your neighbors, the kids you grew up with, the guys you see down at the rink with their kids, at the gym, etc.

but if you got a ticket like 10 yrs ago and still pissed about it then rock on man ! [grin]

How about witnessing BPD officers swinging nightsticks at college kids' heads just because they were cheering some a-hole driving around the streets on two wheels (car) and screeching rubber on a hot night? Some elderly coot called the PD on these NU kids on St. Stephens St. (this was probably 1968) and the cruisers came down the street the wrong way (1 way street) with no headlights, got out swinging nightsticks! I was there and only due to wearing a State Police Press Pass was I spared the same abuse.

Late 1980s-early 1990s the officer I referred to above bragged to me about clubbing someone over the head with his nightstick after the guy spit at him. Believe me they didn't teach that at any police academy back then!

No I didn't grow up in the city, but I spent a lot of time there for 6 years, never had any personal problem with BPD, but saw some serious ugliness as well as some very good behavior (after George Wallace spoke, 1968 presidential campaign) and mobs were taunting the police but they stood fast and didn't club anyone even when they threw 6" boulders at them (and me as I was interviewing a deputy supt at the time).

Jesus. I hate to be picky, but I sure as hell hope they're not your teachers.

The cop in question was a bully, plain and simple, using his position to intimidate an innocent bystander he decided he didn't like. And, there is zero chance of this being the first time he's done it.

How about witnessing BPD officers swinging nightsticks at college kids' heads just because they were cheering some a-hole driving around the streets on two wheels (car) and screeching rubber on a hot night? Some elderly coot called the PD on these NU kids on St. Stephens St. (this was probably 1968) and the cruisers came down the street the wrong way (1 way street) with no headlights, got out swinging nightsticks! I was there and only due to wearing a State Police Press Pass was I spared the same abuse.

Late 1980s-early 1990s the officer I referred to above bragged to me about clubbing someone over the head with his nightstick after the guy spit at him. Believe me they didn't teach that at any police academy back then!

No I didn't grow up in the city, but I spent a lot of time there for 6 years, never had any personal problem with BPD, but saw some serious ugliness as well as some very good behavior (after George Wallace spoke, 1968 presidential campaign) and mobs were taunting the police but they stood fast and didn't club anyone even when they threw 6" boulders at them (and me as I was interviewing a deputy supt at the time).

Having lived through forced busing i can tell you the heavy handed tactics by the TPF were pretty brutal, but for some reason nobody seemed to care. I wonder why ?

With all the upheaval lately in society we may revist those turbulent times of the 1960's.

More of Boston's finest.

At least they didn't turn the kids over to CPS.

Not sure what the issue is with this one....

Cops doing some stuff, camera guy gets nosy. Cop tells him to get back. The camera guy got to record. He was wrong for getting up on the cops when they were doing their thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what the issue is with this one....

Cops doing some stuff, camera guy gets nosy. Cop tells him to get back. The camera guy got to record. He was wrong for getting up on the cops when they were doing their thing.

Cop was a dick. A simple we are speaking to these boys, please don't interfere and keep a distance but the cop was a dick. Also kept moving him back as a power play because he wanted to assert his control. Dick.

Cop was a dick. A simple we are speaking to these boys, please don't interfere and keep a distance but the cop was a dick. Also kept moving him back as a power play because he wanted to assert his control. Dick.

Well, to me...and i could be wrong.....but the cops were conducting what looked like official police business with those young men. This guy moving up on them could be considered interfering. Plus the cops have guns on their hips I would not be comfortable with some stranger coming up behind me.....

So for me on this cop and his actions...no issue. The camera guy should have just STFU and continued with the video. He had no reason to say anything to the cop. It's none of his business. Just my opinion.

I think he got off easy.

What an idiotic post. College students in 1968 were rioting in the streets of Boston .... and yes I was one of them. And the fact that you were there with a State Police press pass proves that some unrest was taking place at the time ... just stupid.

Back
Top Bottom