Boston Globe: Weapons Check

Brings me back to my faith.. I would bet that most cops would want to get the person that did it... not just get the case closed... and I would bet that MOST would try to figure out what happened...

It is sad that so many people feel that this government is corrupted to that point... [thinking]

You admitted the fallacy of your argument as soon as you put the word "most" into that sentence. I find it sad that you place so much faith in government. First as an American citizen it is your birthright and duty to be distrustful of government. Second - your screenname "Cherokee Outlaw" should belong to somebody who is completely distrustful of government - seeing as how the Cherokee tribe did not exactly do too well at the hands of the same government you seem to trust so much.

When the RKBA is not infringed upon it guarantees that the majority of weapons and the balance of power will be in the hands of good people that will than have the means to stop those of criminal intent.
When the RKBA is infringed upon it leaves the majority of weapons and the balance of power in the hands of tyrants and criminals.
As stated by GOAL licensed gun owners dropped from approx. 1.5 million to around 250,000 and crime has increased not decreased.
The founding fathers knew what they were doing because they learned the lessons of history and human nature. Too many people today foolishly ignore the lessons of history and human nature.

When the RKBA is not infringed upon it guarantees that the majority of weapons and the balance of power will be in the hands of good people that will than have the means to stop those of criminal intent.
When the RKBA is infringed upon it leaves the majority of weapons and the balance of power in the hands of tyrants and criminals.
As stated by GOAL licensed gun owners dropped from approx. 1.5 million to around 250,000 and crime has increased not decreased.
The founding fathers knew what they were doing because they learned the lessons of history and human nature. Too many people today foolishly ignore the lessons of history and human nature.

I guess that about sums it up. I'm not going to post anymore on this thread. Anyone who wants to know what I have to say about this just take a look at wahsben's post.

Yesterday, I emailed this to Ric Kahn and Matt Carroll:
I just finished reading your article on the current disgraceful state of affairs regarding trying to get a License to Carry.

I'm curious... why didn't you bother to print that the two cities you quoted as saying that "This is the chief's way of saying you need to get a little practice if you're going to get a license to carry. This isn't the Wild West." and "If you're going to have a gun," he says, "I think you should know how to use it." do not issue licenses that actually allow one to even CARRY?

You erroneously give the impression that they're requiring those tests and that people who pass will be allowed to carry when that is FAR from the truth.

After Mr Carroll's article last week, I was hoping for something a little more in-depth than this. If you'd like to learn more about the licensing situation here in MA than you apparently have, I'd be happy to talk to you about it - whether or not you plan to do a followup article.

And about 10 minutes ago, I got a call from Matt. We chatted for about 5 minutes and I pointed out the Brookline and Boston do not normally issue LTCs with no restrictions. He didn't say so, but it sounded to me like he might even do another article. I hope so, anyway.

Yesterday, I emailed this to Ric Kahn and Matt Carroll:

And about 10 minutes ago, I got a call from Matt. We chatted for about 5 minutes and I pointed out the Brookline and Boston do not normally issue LTCs with no restrictions. He didn't say so, but it sounded to me like he might even do another article. I hope so, anyway.

Nice job buddy.

Thank you.

ALL my crimes are in shades of mauve, thank you very much. You are in a hole CO. Stop digging.

But, now, why does your avatar remind me so much of an IUD?

iud.jpg

Well.. since most have never lived around REAL FOOTBALL... most are unaware of the OU/Texass rivalry...

Well.. if you looked real close.. you would have notice my avatar said "Book'em Horns"... so thank you for noticing what us Sooners have been trying to tell the short horns for years now... [wink]

Redo the avatar. I increased the size limit a while ago. If it's larger it will be easier to read.

Go Long Horns!

I would like to have you stand up in front of a room full of Holocaust survivors and try out that excuse on them.

Or - since what remains of that generation is quickly passing away , try going down to Lowell or some other town here in MA that has a large Cambodian population in it - and try out that excuse.

As you can tell by my name... "Cherokee"... I feel I could relate better what happened to the Native Americans... but nice to pull the "Jew" card out... its popular up here...

This one wasn't a Massjob
seems Cherokee was programmed somewhere else

Funny how he said he " still have a right to bit*h"

not sure why that is funny? but if you say so..

And yes... I was born errrr "programmed" and raised back where people trust everyone.. and you hardly see fingers go up driving down the road... and you would not not have the cops called on you for knocking on a door at 3am cause you ran out of gas.. no.. they would open the door.. and during the time they are helping you get some fuel to get back in town.. Biscuits and gravy are being cooked on the stove..

Yes... this is REAL AMERICA... Sad thing is... as bad as this state is with rules and regs... I'm starting to get the feeling the people are just about in line with them... all way out in la la land..

Sad thing is... as bad as this state is with rules and regs... I'm starting to get the feeling the people are just about in line with them... all way out in la la land..

I suppose to sum up what we're trying to say to you is that from reading your posts about how it is okay for the government to violate your constitutional rights YOU'RE ONE OF THEM.

As you can tell by my name... "Cherokee"... I feel I could relate better what happened to the Native Americans... but nice to pull the "Jew" card out... its popular up here...

Well, bubbie, some of us don't "pull the Jew card out"; some of us LIVE it. Until you're a member of a group that's been targeted for extermination you might want to tread lightly there. Yes, I know it didn't happen to me personally... but had I been there, it would have.

Never again.

Well, bubbie, some of us don't "pull the Jew card out"; some of us LIVE it. Until you're a member of a group that's been targeted for extermination you might want to tread lightly there. Yes, I know it didn't happen to me personally... but had I been there, it would have.

Never again.

+1 jews are the most persecuted race on this planet, if i were alive in nazi germany i would have been dead or a restance fighter because i am catholic and not of aryan race and also because i think for myself,i dont trust my government and because i owned a gun.

who's to say that todays liberals,politicians and anti gunners in america are not as insane as hitler or any other of historys tyrants?

Last edited:
If only the article had then gone on to mention that virtually nobody in Brookline gets an unrestricted license to actually carry, unless they are friends of someone on the police force.

I noticed from Massbackwards' blog that I went to high school with the issuing officer.
I never liked him. I could say worse.

we shouldn't require warrants for search and seizure because, "If you are doing no wrong.. then you shouldn't worry now should you?"

Cops should be allowed to stop cars at random, check licenses and require breathalyzers of whomever they wish to. After all, "If you are doing no wrong.. then you shouldn't worry now should you?"

Police should have master keys to search homes at random, at will. Why not? "If you are doing no wrong.. then you shouldn't worry now should you?"

Ahhhhh...Scriv is finally coming around and singing my song!![laugh]

I suppose to sum up what we're trying to say to you is that from reading your posts about how it is okay for the government to violate your constitutional rights YOU'RE ONE OF THEM.

[grin] guilty.. If I could... I would love to server my country as a FBI / ICE/ DEA / US Marshall agent...

IRS Agent.... hmmm naw.. to boring...

Never again.

Just want to say a few more things.. then I'll step back.. buy everyone a beer and agree to disagree with this topic... [wink]

The jews are not the only ones was target for extermination. Yes in Germany was very ugly with the Holocaust..... but what country stood up to that evil empire and changed the face of history forever not just once... but twice? The USA...

But I also know about Christians being targeted... blacks... Asians... Muslims.. Kurds... Bosnia was ugly... Rwanda... and currently the one going on right now would be Darfur...

But lets not forget one that happen in our own back yard... and Sir.. if you are Jewish... and you "Live it" I would like to ask if you have ever been denied service because of WHAT you are? I'm only part Cherokee.. but a lot of my best friends and closest friends of my family are Osage or Cherokee... and I've been places where they would not be served because they where Indian...

As for the "Never Again"... you are right... and I would stand up next to you and defend you to my death if needed... and I don't even know you personally...

Now.. thats all I have to say on these topic for this month... [smile]

Its been fun... very interesting... and informative... and I'm excited to see that some of you at least understand that the Longhorn Symbol looks more like something else... [wink]

Last edited:
Bottom line: The Antis in this country aren't coming for an eye color, race, religion, gender, etc.

They're coming for the willing. Those of use who are willing to turn our heads like cowardly dogs and surrender our rights for which Americans who are greater men then we are have fought to protect since the Bill of Rights was created. Greater for the fact that they have shed their blood and given their lives both here and on foreign soil so that you and I will always have those rights.

I am not now, nor will I ever be willing to forfeit what I have. Because What I have is that for which they have given their lives for. And to compromise the integrity of which, behind their dead backs is the ultimate disrespect. Shame on those who choose to ignore the accomplishments of those great men who have come before us, and take for granted what they have given us through their ultimate sacrafice.

It is all of our duty as Americans to ensure the integrity and security of the Bill Of Rights that makes this country unique to the world. After all, it is what makes us unique as individuals that is what we have in common as Americans. And that is something to be proud of. The Right To Keep and Bear Arms shall not be infringed.

Back
Top Bottom