Black Friday & Gun Safes?

I got my Winchester 24 safe from Tractor Supply when they ran a sale for $550. It cost me about another $200 to have it picked up at the store and dropped off and installed at my house. Getting them to the house and set up is a concern.

I got my Winchester 24 safe from Tractor Supply when they ran a sale for $550. It cost me about another $200 to have it picked up at the store and dropped off and installed at my house. Getting them to the house and set up is a concern.
Who did you hire to pick it up and move it into your house?

I bought the Winchester with the digital lock last year. Door on Winchester is removable where the Cannon wasn't. My buddy was helping me bring it up stairs to second floor until after 3 stairs we realized we were 55 not 25 and decided it was a bad idea and called for our buddy with the truck crane and stuck it in the window. Without the door it is all of 350-400 lbs.
Dave

Watch the Black Friday deals on Tractor Supply Store, Dicks Sporting Goods, or BassPro -- all three with be very competitive.

Get something that is bigger than what you want -- can't have enough room. And whatever extra room you have you can put valuables in it (wife's jewelry, etc etc)

Don't follow the number of guns number that the safe says. If the safe says its a 16 Gun safe its probably a 8-10 (at most). Since most rifles have scopes it cuts the size down a lot.

Also -- I personally stay away from the electronic locks. I prefer the spinning combination lock -- no batteries or circuit boards to crap out.

Sports Authority Stack-On Elite Gun Safe (says 24 guns) $459.99 SALE IS ON NOW

Caution to anyone wanting In-House Delivery with Sports Authority.
The merchandise price is $340 more for In-House Delivery... but then there's an additional $248 more (on top of the $204 shipping charge) for the freight carrier. Grand total of $1,252.46 for In-House Delivery.
$665 total for curbside delivery.

The merchandise price is $340 more for In-House Delivery... but then there's an additional $248 more (on top of the $204 shipping charge) for the freight carrier. Grand total of $1,252.46 for In-House Delivery.

Shiet

Just stopped at TS to actually look at the two that are talked about. The Cannon is big with plenty of room inside but I didn't like the setup of three rows run behind each other. If you want something from the back, you have to take out whatever is in the two rows in front of it. Also as it's been stated, you cant remove the door to help cut some weight while it goes up a flight of stairs and it only opens 90*.
The Winchester 24 is smaller but has a more user friendly layout inside. There are 12 holders on each side that are set up U or horseshoe shape that make access to each one easier in my opinion. After comparing the two, I am leaning towards the Winchester. I know the inside of the Cannon could have a better layout built by someone who is good with carpentry work but for no mods and immediate use, I would go with the Winchester.

Greg

Sorry if it was posted earlier but i just found the TS black friday flier and the winchester 24 is $549.99 and the sale starts on Wednesday at 6am. Been looking at it for a while i think it is time to upgrade.

The stack on 14 cabinet is 99.99

The canon 48 is $699.99

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

Last edited:

Learned it the hard way. Tried to buy it today before you warned us of this. Walmart offers $10 shipping so I emailed walmart to price match the $459 and promotion (long shot).

Dear Walmart Representative,
I am inquiring about a price match on Walmart Item: 000961192

If possible please honor the price here at Sports Authority: http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12227593&view=grid
$459 option curbside delivery.

If possible, please honor their 10% off deal with sign up for email promotions as seen at the bottom of the page.

Ill keep you posted on how it goes. $459 with only $10 shipping would be badass.

I have a space problem to solve. The safe I have now is only 18" deep by 21" wide and the open door adds 18". The space it is in is 38" wide. I'd like to get a larger safe, but it can't be much deeper or wider than the one I have.

To many posts to read through the whole thing, but if it's not a dup, bass pro shop has a 10 gun cabinet for $100 (normally $150) from Wednesday to Sunday

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Don't go to Eastern Security unless you want a first rate safe.....after you see what they have youl"ll see how inferior other safes are.

I bought my safe there about 12 years ago, steel prices have gone though the roof since then. They have some great safes and you will pay for what you get.

Just had a long back and forth with walmart and finally got them to price match 24 gun safe Stack On Elite I wanted this because it is 59 inches tall as opposed to the 55 in tall and slightly less secure Buck commander 24 gun safe.

email them with this link and ask them to honor the $459

http://weeklyad.sportsauthority.com...browse?flyer_run_id=37367&locale=en-US&type=1

shipping seems to only be 10 bucks through Walmart. Best deal I've found so far. Sports authority tags you with $230 shipping.

If they give you trouble. Just PM me I will send you my email correspondence. Don't want to jeopardize my chances of getting it at this price until I pay for it tonight.

Dicks says with shipping it's like 540.... Is it worth the 24 gun case? I want it on the third floor but doubt they'd want to haul it up 2 flights

Back
Top Bottom