• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Black Friday & Gun Safes?

Great deal on TSC Winchester safes.

hammered-open_winchester-hammer.jpg

Any safe can be broken into, how long did that take?
I asked a local locksmith who sells safes how many were broken into in the last few years. "None." Virtually all the robberies were inside jobs at businesses that handled a lot of cash.

Not saying it doesn't happen, but even the inexpensive "gun cabinets" have often resisted opening. Did find reports of several people with safes in garages that had them removed.

Last edited:
BTW Boston Rentals has a battery powered stair climbing furniture dolly. They can handle up to 750 lbs with two guys. We use a lighter aluminum one and I brought a 14 gun uninsulated Sentry up two stairs and down five by myself.

Pulled the trigger on the Winchester 24 this morning after 2 years of kicking the tires. Now I just gotta figure out how to get it home. ☺

Can do this to any safe with the right tools. I saw it a few times at my grocery customers with commercial grade 10K safes. Top cut off with saw with metal cutting blade.

If given the time, somebody can break into anything. Slowing down a criminal is your best defense.

I read a lot about the Winchester safes at Tractor Supply, but finally decided on the 20 gun Red Head safe at Bass Pro. Made in Texas, plus it has a dial lock rather than digital. I was looking through the Owners Manual after getting it home and found that it's actually made by Winchester!

So if you like the TS Winchester safes, it looks like you can get a 10, 20 or 24 gun version with a dial lock by looking at Bass Pro.

Back
Top Bottom