• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Black Friday & Gun Safes?

Eastern Security, that is where I got my safe.

I beat their sale price on a fat boy jr by a metric f***ton and got better delivery service. They wanted $1700 for curbside, I got it put in my house for $900 before other discounts.

I beat their sale price on a fat boy jr by a metric f***ton and got better delivery service. They wanted $1700 for curbside, I got it put in my house for $900 before other discounts.

Same exact safe? Let everybody know who did it for you.

Last edited:
Before buying a safe you need to know what works for you. Money should be the last factor based on decision. First decide on guage of steel, lock, fire liner if needed, etc then compare prices. Read this review and hit the "start here button" at the top very informative and expansive read.

http://gunsafereviewsguy.com

This years Tractor Supply Black Friday sale paper hasn't been leaked yet but I bought the Cannon 48 gun safe for $699 last year. While is may not be as heavy duty as some like I am very pleased with it. I've added lighting and a Goldenrod and it satisfies my needs quite nicely.

Last edited:
If you question it, go for the big cannon one.

For moving the safe into a basement, the door comes off. I would say the door weighs at least 100 to 125, I wouldn't be surprised if it were over 150 (it's heavy). It would be quite a bit easier to move with the door off.

I have one of the Cannon safes from TSC, it has the internal hinge which allows 2 things: 1) the door does not open up more than pretty much 90 degrees and 2) the door does not come off and it is not recommended to try to remove the door or you can damage the internal hinge. Link from ARFCOM
Per Cannon..."Cannot remove the door, it's part of the frame".

Also, when I bought my safe I had them order it with the dial lock instead of the touch pad, it also reduced the price but I got mine during a sale for around $450 (not black Friday).

How's that front page Winchester safe for 529

It's $549 (no tax on safes too). I bought that last year and it's the best in that price range I've seen and I'ved look at quite a few. I wish it had a key back up to the digital lock but not many (if any) in that price range have them. I believe TSC will sell for that price the day before Thanksgiving (in person, not over the phone). I went early to make sure I got one Friday morning. The closest TSC isn't that close, so I didn't want to have to go back a few weeks later and pick it up if they were sold out when I bought it.

Do some searches here for the winchester 24 and elsewhere. People like it a lot, I've been very happy. The Cannon's are good too, that 48 cannon they have is a nice safe too if you want a bigger one.

It's $549 (no tax on safes too). I bought that last year and it's the best in that price range I've seen and I'ved look at quite a few. I wish it had a key back up to the digital lock but not many (if any) in that price range have them. I believe TSC will sell for that price the day before Thanksgiving (in person, not over the phone). I went early to make sure I got one Friday morning. The closest TSC isn't that close, so I didn't want to have to go back a few weeks later and pick it up if they were sold out when I bought it.

Do some searches here for the winchester 24 and elsewhere. People like it a lot, I've been very happy. The Cannon's are good too, that 48 cannon they have is a nice safe too if you want a bigger one.

If if I can buy it the day before would they ship that? Kinda heavy

Dicks has Stack-On / Field & Stream safes advertised again this year... 64 gun for $799, 32 Gun for $599 and 24 Gun for $399. Don't know if they are mechanical or electronic lock.. Not bad for short money though...

Dicks has Stack-On / Field & Stream safes advertised again this year... 64 gun for $799, 32 Gun for $599 and 24 Gun for $399. Don't know if they are mechanical or electronic lock.. Not bad for short money though...

Was there an add leaked??

What's better the 32 one for $599 at Dicks or the $549 one at TSC??

Last edited:
Remember gun safes are exempt from sales tax

Also remember, most safes are delivered by an LTL carrier so as such, you are responsible for putting it where you want it to go. When I deliver safes, it comes of the truck and if a garage is available, it goes in there till your ready to deal with it.

Was there an add leaked??

What's better the 32 one for $599 at Dicks or the $549 one at TSC??

I looked at the field and stream 32+6 at dicks and walked away. It's very similar size wise to the win24. The set up isn't as good, the win has 8 or 10 moving locking bolts, the fs has many fewer and the hinge side ones are fixed. To me the win was quite a bit better.

I suggest some reading on gun safes before buying: http://gunsafereviewsguy.com/buyers-guide/best-gun-safe/

Granted, New England generally has fewer home break-ins than the rest of the country so a safe is more for keeping them out of kids' hands and convenient storage, but the author raises some good points.

"most gun safe manufactures use $10 to $20 of drywall (Sheetrock) as fire lining"

"if the locking bolts don’t have a sturdy door frame to lock into it’s useless."

"a small pry bar or a large screwdriver can easily be jammed in, and on some gun safes that is all it takes to get the door open"

etc...

Back
Top Bottom