• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bill H.2095 An Act to close the large capacity magazine loophole

This is one of those infringements that shows either a fundamental misunderstanding of possible self defense scenarios or malicious ignorance on behalf of our legislators.

This isn't the movies and people miss. Especially while under duress from multiple attackers. 10 rounds is not enough. Any crime committed with a 15 round magazine can surely be committed with a 10 round magazine or even a revolver. This law does absolutely nothing to prevent crime or mass shootings. It does, however, put law abiding citizens at a disadvantage when defending themselves and their families.

Dude, 10 is just a pit stop on the way to zero. Don't waste your time thinking about this crap.

Dude, 10 is just a pit stop on the way to zero. Don't waste your time thinking about this crap.

Yes, but someday someone may actually stumble upon our little corner of the internet and read something that makes sense to them. Especially if they google the bill. Meh.

It was Bill Ruger (Sr) who testified to Congress that nobody needed more than 10 rd mags. That is the genesis of the 10 rd mag legislation. Bill Ruger is long dead and buried and his Sons running the business don't have the same philosophy (really nicely built 25 rd mags for the 10/22 come to mind).

Same here. But the US Coast Guard could have a problem here.

No no. When storms are great enough, to bring Navy vessels into port, for the duration of a storm, The Coast Guard heads out to sea to save lives. Those Coasties aren't afraid of anything. I have much respect for the Coast Guard.

Yeah. Because I can’t go to almost any state bordering MA and buy a standard-cap mag.

I wish someone had some common sense to point this out to the sheeple.

It was Bill Ruger (Sr) who testified to Congress that nobody needed more than 10 rd mags. That is the genesis of the 10 rd mag legislation. Bill Ruger is long dead and buried and his Sons running the business don't have the same philosophy (really nicely built 25 rd mags for the 10/22 come to mind).
My wife uses 10 round Ruger factory mags in her Mini 14, loaded with M193 ball. I would not want to be the home invader who faces that!

Uhhh high cap mags? What high cap mags?

He must be talking about these...

d66d5d3b5df674bf7aa2b34b8185e5e5.jpg

It's a linsky bill, "benign appearance" is meaningless, Unless he has a bunch of backers (possible? he usually has none) this probably isn't going anywhere. He mostly does this crap for virtue signaling. Bills do not have a sort of gravitational inertia. Linsky has filed similar crap.in the past (literally a half dozen piles of shit every session) and they keep getting shot down. Someone once opined he was likely doing this as posturing for an upper tier hack job...

I wouldn't be so sure. In light of Gilroy, El Paso, and Dayton, combined with the fact that Ole Mitch has already forgotten about them, I believe more state and local jurisdictions will try to tamp down public "fear."

I just don't understand why the hoi polloi can't understand that these laws are punishing law-abiding gun owners. If I could go to a nearby state and pick up a 30-round mag (or several), then what do you think criminals would do if this takes effect? Stop being criminals and decide to carry steak knives around when they want to rob someone or invade your home?

Linsky needs to give it up. With each passing bill he puts forth, he gets more and more unhinged. Natick needs to vote him out, but a relatively affluent blue suburb isn't going to do that.

No no. When storms are great enough, to bring Navy vessels into port, for the duration of a storm, The Coast Guard heads out to sea to save lives. Those Coasties aren't afraid of anything. I have much respect for the Coast Guard.
Yeah, but there still puddle pirates, lol!

Bill H.2095 An Act to close the large capacity magazine loophole

You know what comes after this don't you...?

Bill H.20XX An Act to close the low capacity magazine loophole...

My wife uses 10 round Ruger factory mags in her Mini 14, loaded with M193 ball. I would not want to be the home invader who faces that!

Thats great, until there's four or five home invaders and you miss a couple of shots or they hit an obstruction and are ineffective.
If one is going to err, at least err in your favor. Find some 30rd mags. As Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch says, "nobody in a gunfight ever complained about having too much ammo".

Ok, as long as this bill is passed first.

Bill H.3456 An Act to protect the Constitution of the United States.
Section 666 of Chapter 140 of the General Laws, is hereby added by inserting the following paragraph:-

Any politician sponsoring or voting in favor of any law that is later found in violation of the United States Constitution is immediately removed from their position and permanently banned from holding any office in the commonwealth, for life.

Back
Top Bottom