• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bill H.2095 An Act to close the large capacity magazine loophole

I wouldn't. I'm done giving any f***s about what Linsky and these other shitheads think. Completely f***ing done. I would move long before I make another concession to this
shithole.

-Mike

I get where you’re coming from. Moving isn’t that far off for me as the wife still has grandparents in the area and that’s the only thing keeping us in this shithole. That being said, I don’t think I want to get cuffed and stuffed for 5 more rounds in my Glock...

I get where you’re coming from. Moving isn’t that far off for me as the wife still has grandparents in the area and that’s the only thing keeping us in this shithole. That being said, I don’t think I want to get cuffed and stuffed for 5 more rounds in my Glock...

Well, most of the time, by the time something gets to that point you're already screwed- If you have a LEO counting the rounds in your mag you've already been stuffed in the back of the cop car...... whether it "means anything" or not later is a whole other story.

All it takes is a crisis actor with a CVA to pick off targets from afar and they would be pushing for a ban on anything over a zero shot gun. Basically no more guns. It would become b**galoo by then.

Who cares anymore? With a porous border and illegals getting drivers licenses who really cares?

Are they gonna pull a Lavoy Finicum again when you hole yourself up with your precious Pmags?

Who cares? There is no purpose to fight against gun control at least in this state. It’s one step forward and 2 steps back. Just ignore them. Eventually one of us may be pinched and when that happens put your money where your mouth is for a GoFundMe so that “test case” can go as high as it can.

What magazines?

large.jpg

Well, most of the time, by the time something gets to that point you're already screwed- If you have a LEO counting the rounds in your mag you've already been stuffed in the back of the cop car...... whether it "means anything" or not later is a whole other story.
Once again, I totally get where you’re coming from and I agree odds are, you’re boned already if rounds are getting counted. An exception could be an overly zealous officer in an otherwise routine traffic stop (I know super unlikely) or in a legitimate self defense shooting. In those two situations right now, the mags are legal. If this passes, they’re not and you’re porked.

All it takes is a crisis actor with a CVA to pick off targets from afar and they would be pushing for a ban on anything over a zero shot gun. Basically no more guns. It would become b**galoo by then.

Who cares anymore? With a porous border and illegals getting drivers licenses who really cares?

Are they gonna pull a Lavoy Finicum again when you hole yourself up with your precious Pmags?

Who cares? There is no purpose to fight against gun control at least in this state. It’s one step forward and 2 steps back. Just ignore them. Eventually one of us may be pinched and when that happens put your money where your mouth is for a GoFundMe so that “test case” can go as high as it can.
Im all set with being the test case. I certainly wouldn’t comply with any registration nonsense or getting of rid of mine if they hadn’t been lost in an unfortunate smelting accident.

Last edited:
I wouldn't. I'm done giving any f***s about what Linsky and these other shitheads think. Completely f***ing done. I would move long before I make another concession to this
shithole.

-Mike

Until a few thousand have this mentality nothing will change in this state. Even then it might not change.

Think Linsky's up for re-election in 2020. Not sure about his fellow cosponsors.

An Act to close the large capacity magazine loophole
By Mr. Linsky of Natick, a petition (accompanied by bill, House, No. 2095) of David Paul Linsky and others relative to the sale, transfer, or possession of large capacity ammunition gun feeding devices. Public Safety and Homeland Security.

View Text Print Preview Download PDF

Bill Information
Presenter:David Paul Linsky Status:Referred to House Committee on Ways and Means Petitioners
Cosponsors
NameDistrict/Address
David Paul Linsky 5th Middlesex
Jack Patrick Lewis 7th Middlesex
Ruth B. Balser 12th Middlesex
Christine P. Barber 34th Middlesex
Michael J. Barrett Third Middlesex
William J. Driscoll, Jr. 7th Norfolk
Lori A. Ehrlich 8th Essex
Dylan A. Fernandes Barnstable, Dukes and Nantucket
Denise C. Garlick 13th Norfolk
Carmine Lawrence Gentile 13th Middlesex
Jonathan Hecht 29th Middlesex
Kay Khan 11th Middlesex
Adrian C. Madaro 1st Suffolk
Elizabeth A. Malia 11th Suffolk
Liz Miranda 5th Suffolk
Alice Hanlon Peisch 14th Norfolk
Tommy Vitolo 15th Norfolk

What is the point of this nonsense?
It is a part of a campaign to disarm all but minion of the government. It's a matter of the other side taking any territory it can get, no matter how small and once taken, it is easily kept.

Note how the CO legislators got recalled over their mag ban (one resigned to a D could be appointed to replace her, rather than get recalled and have a pesky election). Despite that level of outrage NOTHING was done to even attempt reversal of the law that got these legislators recalled. The territory was taken, and the enemy in CO now has a new baseline to fight from.

how does one register something with no serial?

CT did the same thing after Sandy Hook. You had to DECLARE std capacity mags. Then if you were found possessing more than declared - problem.

Massive lack of compliance in CT. If this goes through and you comply - I suggest over-declaring your mags. Then in future you can acquire more.

CT at same time required registration of "assault weapons". Lack of compliance there.

And this week they're proposing a 35% ammo tax.

CT did the same thing after Sandy Hook. You had to DECLARE std capacity mags. Then if you were found possessing more than declared - problem.

Massive lack of compliance in CT. If this goes through and you comply - I suggest over-declaring your mags. Then in future you can acquire more.

CT at same time required registration of "assault weapons". Lack of compliance there.

And this week they're proposing a 35% ammo tax.

That CT crap is still standing, right?

All my standard magazines were traded for a case of beef jerky and a bunch of five rounders so I can shoot special super-sonic Hornady pills.

Seems to me like there is 2 options. Don’t declare at all. Or declare 1,000 mags and watch heads spin
What if you actually do have 1,000 mags?

Seems to me like there is no downside to registering 1,000 mags.

You'd be set for life.

What are they going to do?
Confiscate your mags one day?

I keep most of my stuff in NH at my other home.

I can dump them off my boat in the ocean also.

A registered mag is priceless.
Just like a registered auto sear.

You can sell a registered Glock 17 round U notch for $1,000.
There will be buyers because 7 more rounds is as good as a second gun.
A second gun can cost $1,000.

What if you actually do have 1,000 mags?

Seems to me like there is no downside to registering 1,000 mags.

You'd be set for life.

What are they going to do?
Confiscate your mags one day?

I keep most of my stuff in NH at my other home.

I can dump them off my boat in the ocean also.

A registered mag is priceless.
Just like a registered auto sear.

You can sell a registered Glock 17 round U notch for $1,000.
There will be buyers because 7 more rounds is as good as a second gun.
A second gun can cost $1,000.

There is no other purpose to registration.

I think his seat is up for reelection this year.
We have two months to find someone to run and then till November to build said person a war chest

There is no other purpose to registration.

The only purpose with registration is to follow up in a year or two with a bill that requires "voluntary" surrender, think bump stocks.

Once they know where the mags are, it's easy to have them "surrendered".

While all of these bills are bad I’m slightly more concerned with H.2092 universal background checks. If this passes then I’m not sure how people will be able to sell their non-compliant handguns? Though I have to wonder if they’ll get rid of the personal transfer option on the portal....

Probably should start a new thread if there’s not already one.

Back
Top Bottom