• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bill Bans Native-American Mascots At Mass. Public Schools

It's a joke. These mascots are meant to honor the Indian people not offend them but whatever take every Indian name off of everything and forget they existed.

They act all oppressed but they killed each other and took land from each other for years before the White Man came into the scene

I grew up in Hanover. Our team was the Indians. It's now the Hanover Hawks.

I lived in Grafton almost twenty years. They were the Indians, too. Now they're the Grafton Gators

political correctness sucks
I have to wonder where the name Gators came from for Grafton? I know the students there voted on it from what the google machine tells me, but, gators? Was it just for the alliteration?

As an Irish person I want Notre Dame to remove their Leprechaun!
Don’t joke, there is someone pushing to have them stop using the fighting Irish mascot. Someone even paid for a poll and it was apparently the 4th most offensive sports mascot:

Don’t joke, there is someone pushing to have them stop using the fighting Irish mascot. Someone even paid for a poll and it was apparently the 4th most offensive sports mascot:

In that case we should petition to have Joe Biden removed as Presidential mascot as well!

They get massive exposure and money, I wonder how long before they cave.

Grafton Ginas?

One of my shooting buddies was a football player for Natick and fought HARD against them changing the name from Redmen.
Did you know the Natick Redmen weren't name after Indians. The town color is Red though that's why all the town trucks are painted red.

As per usual our illustrious state legislators are working on something that totally has no bearing on real life. I’m sure if asked, a Native American would not give a crap if a school was using an Indian term. Nevermind the over 20000 illegal immigrants being put up all over the state with no accountability of the costs. They are more concerned about them being audited and hiding what they do from the voters. Saying “vote them out” in this state ain‘t gonna work. And now, with all the new undocumented democrats that have been let in we will be a one party state for 100 years.

As per usual our illustrious state legislators are working on something that totally has no bearing on real life. I’m sure if asked, a Native American would not give a crap if a school was using an Indian term. Nevermind the over 20000 illegal immigrants being put up all over the state with no accountability of the costs. They are more concerned about them being audited and hiding what they do from the voters. Saying “vote them out” in this state ain‘t gonna work. And now, with all the new undocumented democrats that have been let in we will be a one party state for 100 years.
Politicians are infamous for trying to confound
43326.png
with
fc_exists_41756_lg.gif

I'm wondering how many of these activists are actually indigenous. I'm betting very few, if any.

Still waiting for the Celtics to pronounce it correctly THEN to remove it as a mascot. I feel oppressed.
Like most things bad, its fat middle aged white females with a bob cut that are most likely behind this.

Wait till people find out the name Massachusetts was an Indian tribe. Oh the horror
I heard it the other day. A spokesperson said they want it a State law because of the pushback at the local level. Some pussy Indian thinks he’s disrespected, he’s just a Squaw without a dress.

No worries. There are plenty of ghey names like commanders...so lame. I might be wrong but think that's what they renamed the Redskins, or was that the Indians? Whatever, don't care. I tuned out all professional sports some years ago. Don't miss it.

Back
Top Bottom