• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bill Bans Native-American Mascots At Mass. Public Schools

Thedon88

NES Member

Wait till people find out the name Massachusetts was an Indian tribe. Oh the horror
Ya....they have been after the Tewksbury Redmen for awhile now.

After years of contentious debate over Native American mascots in school districts, some indigenous activists say it’s time to take the decision out of local hands.

I'm wondering how many of these activists are actually indigenous. I'm betting very few, if any.

Still waiting for the Celtics to pronounce it correctly THEN to remove it as a mascot. I feel oppressed.

Wait till people find out the name Massachusetts was an Indian tribe. Oh the horror
They’re already trying to change the state flag.

I think it was 2020 or 2021 when Wakefield had a town wide vote to keep their warriors mascot after their school committee decided to change it. The town residents voted to keep it. Not sure if that was a binding or non-binding question in their ballot. Looks like the state libs got pissed at towns doing this and have decided to override their votes.

Isn’t it curious how all these pasty white liberal Nazi faggots want anything of color removed from foods, ads, teams, mascots, schools, etc. but still cry daily about inclusion, equity and diversity.

It’s almost like they’re white supremacists or something.

Why?

“Unfortunately, today, the remaining schools with native mascots are stubbornly attached to controlling our native identities, which they’re using against our permission,” said Rhonda Anderson, a Iñupiaq – Athabascan Native American and western Massachusetts representative on the state Commission on Indian Affairs.

Did anyone ask for permission for the state name.

Why?

“Unfortunately, today, the remaining schools with native mascots are stubbornly attached to controlling our native identities, which they’re using against our permission,” said Rhonda Anderson, a Iñupiaq – Athabascan Native American and western Massachusetts representative on the state Commission on Indian Affairs.

Did anyone ask for permission for the state name.
Lots of state names originate from Indian words or tribes. Example:

Wisconsin​

From the word “Wishkonsing” meaning “place of the beaver.”

Maybe people should start using Wisconsin as a girl's name?

I think it was 2020 or 2021 when Wakefield had a town wide vote to keep their warriors mascot after their school committee decided to change it. The town residents voted to keep it. Not sure if that was a binding or non-binding question in their ballot. Looks like the state libs got pissed at towns doing this and have decided to override their votes.
Who the hell do you think you are to say the unwashed masses can override our benevolent rulers wishes. You should be reported!

I grew up in Hanover. Our team was the Indians. It's now the Hanover Hawks.

I lived in Grafton almost twenty years. They were the Indians, too. Now they're the Grafton Gators

political correctness sucks
ULowell Alum here. WTF is a "river hawk"? Thanks for nothing ULowell. Wife bought me a ULowell Chiefs sweatshirt for Christmas last year.

So let’s see
Massachusetts comes from an Algonquin word that means roughly “large hill place”
Need to fix that

What about King Philip? Their school name? Mascot is the warriors. Can’t have that.
Oh and they’re part of the Hockomock league
Hmmmmmmm.

North Attleboro was the Rocketeers…anyone check with the Germans on that?

Back
Top Bottom