Big Non Sale At Bass Pro

I'm finding 9mm stock low wherever I go. Plenty of .40 though... [smile]

Buddy who just picked up some Blazer Brass at Four Seasons was told "350 round limit."...

I'm finding 9mm stock low wherever I go. Plenty of .40 though... [smile]

Buddy who just picked up some Blazer Brass at Four Seasons was told "350 round limit."...

Online everyone keeps spamming me with 9mm on sale. Definitely no shortage.

Online everyone keeps spamming me with 9mm on sale. Definitely no shortage.
I meant at local stores in Northern Mass/ Southern NH.
Shooters Outpost II had 2 cases of Fiocchi 115 grain and a dozen cases of Winchester Forged (steel-cased)
Pete's was limited also. Four Seasons is limiting sale to 350 rounds (as relayed to me by someone who was there)
9mm is not out, but the choices are limited.
I've got plenty, but new shooters who have no amount built up may not find a large variety at good prices in the short term.

I'm probably wrong, but the shelves are saying something...

I saw the "2nd Amendment" sale flyer from Bass Pro. The Herter's (house brand) 9mm on the front page for $79.97 is not a bad price for 500 rounds of 9mm 115 G FMJ. They had about 20 boxes on the shelf, and I picked one up (have not had any problems with Herter's in the past).
At 16 cents a round it's a good price. Yesterday I picked up 1 box of 500 at the Cabela's in Berlin. They probably had about 20 boxes or so when I was there. They had 6.5CM too at some good prices but they were out of other things that were in the flyer and it was the first day of the sale.

Every time you go to a place like Ass-Pro you hurt the little guy,until one day the little guy
who always can get you what you want is out of business.Then Ass-Pro like the other Dick
stops selling guns,and ammo.

Last edited:
KTP used guns have some good deals if you are in the market for a mid-higher end gun. They also have some deals on used optics.
There is not a snow balls chance in hell of me buying new from from them or any box store retailer.
Ktp gives somewhat reasonable trades for store credit. Many times its quicker and easier to trade than deal with the cheap tire kickers on here.

Also certain guns they are competitive on. Other guns they are batshit crazy high. Guns that have sat for a while can be downright smoking deals.

The other advantage is being able to do your sale tax free. On a high end gun they may be a bit higher but if you build in tax savings it might not be that bad of a deal.

I always see the same whenever I go into BP in hooksett. Empty shelves always. Not a go to by any means anyway though, so who really cares.

Plenty of cases of 9mm at Target Sports for cheap.

That's where I buy my ammo, but they are all out of my brand of GECO. Lots of 9mm is "Out of Stock", but there is definitely some ammo there.
My buddy is looking for small batches locally...

I can't figure out why anyone with a brain and a care for his bank account would buy from Bass Pro. Their prices are awfully high even compared to other big-box outdoors shops.
Because they're 1 mile from where I live. Because if you find things on clearance, they can be a good deal. Plus, there's now only one LGS by me, and I won't shop there due to how I was treated in the past. Also, BPS sometimes has the "unusual" ammo that I am looking for - which the LGS never carried - and it's not worth order just a few boxes online and paying shipping.

Ktp new fire arms and ammo are high price. However their used selection is good and deals can be found. Add in the fact that they guarantee a used gun will function properly or they will fix it or give you store credit up to 30 days and it's piece of mind on a used purchase and it's a good place to buy used. I've purchased many fine hunting irons there over the years. Last month I picked up a used new model a5 hunter for $465 in almost new condition. New they go $1100 at big box stores and $1500 to $1600 at local shops.....most used ones go for $800. The gun runs like a top too. Love it. But yes.....I don't buy ammo at ktp
Yup. Found a used Beretta shotgun there. Didn't function right. Went back. They offered to fix it, or refund my money. No questions asked. Plus, you can sometimes find unusual used firearms there that can't be found locally. Skip the ammo, though!

Ktp gives somewhat reasonable trades for store credit. Many times its quicker and easier to trade than deal with the cheap tire kickers on here.

Also certain guns they are competitive on. Other guns they are batshit crazy high. Guns that have sat for a while can be downright smoking deals.

The other advantage is being able to do your sale tax free. On a high end gun they may be a bit higher but if you build in tax savings it might not be that bad of a deal.
Yup. They've given me reasonable cash for used firearms (better if I traded, but just wanted cash). $25 less for the last pistol than I would have gotten selling to someone locally, but without the hassle of driving to meet someone, fighting off "Will you take ?? in trade" (even when saying "No trades") and getting cash in hand on the spot.

Back
Top Bottom