Biden bans Russian Arms and Ammo

I remember the “Good Old Days” going into Walmart and grabbing a shit ton of Tula for cheap, but just checking in here to see if the NES Biden people are cheering this thread on or not 🤷‍♂️

Do you actually think they'd do that?

Red Standard from Century gets their stuff from a variety of other former comblock countries willing to churn out steel cased ammo. I picked up a case of it about 3 months ago for $300 for 1000 rounds in Dracut.

Red Army Standard Ammunition is a trademark associated with Century International Arms (CIA), an arms and ammunition corporation in Delray Beach, Florida, United States.[2] The official spelling of the brand's name is faux Cyrillic, written as RЭD АRMY STAИDARD.[3][4] The company supplies various sizes of cartridges for designs of firearms, such as the AKM and AK-47 rifles and the Makarov PM pistol, originating from Russia and former Soviet (Eastern Bloc) countries. Cartridges are made in various countries, including Russia, Ukraine, Romania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Poland. One manufacturer of RAS cartridges is Lugansk Cartridge Works, in Lugansk, Ukraine and its headstamp code is the letters "LU". Another factory is the IGMAN d.d. Konjic cartridge plant in the city of Konjic, in Igman, Bosnia and Herzegovina and its newer headstamp is the letters "IK", while the older headstamp consists of the Cyrillic letters "ИК".

How is this any different than Trump saying he wants to bring manucturing and jobs back to the USA?
This is a great opportunity for some US operations.

^this

So long as the import authority is solely that of the executive branch, wasn’t this ban just a matter of time? I‘ve long expected something like this which is why I’m sitting on enough 7.62x39 for at least a few years. Unfortunately no amount of stash matters if the supply is gone.

while it will drive another surge in ammo prices, domestic ammo manufacturers will fill in this niche. Hell a few years ago most were mocking PSA for trying to get into the AK market? Well they were smart. They correctly anticipated bans and foreign supply issues and seized on it. Now in 2021 one can purchase a solid rifle with all sorts of upgrades and a cold hammer forged barrel for under $1k, even in midst of pandemic BS. PSA alone has a huge interest in ensuring 7.62 soviet and 5.45 ammo is available, as do the importers such as zastava. the AK market has immensely grown in the past 5 years. It’s sometimes hard to see from within occupied states like MA.

Two annoying aspects of imported ammo are
1) supporting foreign ammo manufacturers instead of domestic ones
2) lack of projectile options

back in 2017 or so when Hornady was selling steel cased 123gr SST ammo I assumed they were gauging the interest in such a market. My guess is that sales were poor so they abandoned the idea.

ultimately when American manufacturers get this supply chain setup, I believe we’ll have better choices for projectiles. We’ll likely see more loadings in steel cases. for the next 6-12 months this sucks although after such time I believe it will get straightened out and possibly a net win for us. This also provides a great opportunity for domestic reloading companies, Serbians and other Eastern European countries to get cranking on ammo production. I‘d much rather support PPU or Belom than Russian factories.

The counterargument will focus on ammo price spikes and I’m not arguing that will be a problem for some time.

this was inevitable

Last edited:
Meanwhile chinese container ships continue to unload cheaply made inferior products for Walmart, Harbor freight and nearly every retail store in America.
Anyone else see the irony in this?

They are not unloading Chinese firearms or ammo, so no i don’t see any irony in this

Meanwhile chinese container ships continue to unload cheaply made inferior products for Walmart, Harbor freight and nearly every retail store in America.
Anyone else see the irony in this?
There's no irony.......the U.S. government wants to diminish the ammo supplies in this country. They just did that by 40% signing one piece of paper.

They don't give two shits about benign cheap Chinese goods coming in, if they did, it would have been stopped long ago.

Another way to think about this is that Biden created a new market for Russia.....They need a ton of 5.56 there now for all the abandoned M4s in Afghanistan.

How does that "thinking" get inexpensive ammo back on our shelves?

So you're fine with continuing to support a country which undercuts our economy with crappy merchandise and also gave the planet a pandemic ?

Wake up. Our problems originate from our own govt not those abroad.

1. Since my previous post, Chinese firearms and ammunition are still banned from importation so your pet analogy remains irrelevant. let me know when those Chinese imports come flowing back in.

2. our economic and importation dependence on chinese crap is not the architecture of the CCP or Chinese people but rather our own American establishment aristocracy, who financially benefits from dirt cheap Chinese labor. Nobody can logically blame the CCP for taking advantage of what “we’ve” handed them.

further, why are you so upset about being forced to consume Chinese import goods but feel just fine about choosing russian import ammo over domestic production? we all want cheap goods let’s just at least make an attempt at being honest and avoiding hypocrisy. Right now some folks in Nebraska are getting jobs at an ammo factory…should we be celebrating?

Last edited:
How long before China starts importing ammo to the US. They never let a market go to waste.

You are dreaming if you think that will happen.

This isn't about China or their willingness to fill a market........this about the communists in our own government diminishing the capabilities of those who will eventually hunt them down and kill them.

I’m wondering what 619DW’s prices jumped to this morning when they opened. I’d highly doubt it was still in the $200 range for 1000.
I was there, 249.99, no limit. There were 3 pallets on the floor when he opened, had to be 50 plus people lined up.

Keith says existing contracts still come in so well be seeing Russian ammo atleast into 2023. He claims if the contract was already signed, the ammo keeps coming, just no new contracts now.

still has guns in stock, including PSAK under folders....

I was there, 249.99, no limit. There were 3 pallets on the floor when he opened, had to be 50 plus people lined up.

Keith says existing contracts still come in so well be seeing Russian ammo atleast into 2023. He claims if the contract was already signed, the ammo keeps coming, just no new contracts now.

still has guns in stock, including PSAK under folders....
That’s awesome 👏🏼

I’m wondering what 619DW’s prices jumped to this morning when they opened. I’d highly doubt it was still in the $200 range for 1000.
I just left. It was $250 when I got the email 2 days ago and it’s still $250. Better hurry. Lots of trucks in the parking lot 😂

The ONLY thing keeping US manufacturers from going full retard on prices is the availability of overseas ammo.. Kinda like how local shops LOVE that most places won't ship to MA and most of the customers are too lazy to figure out how to get ammo shipped to them, so they charge accordingly. Kinda sucks because prices and availability were finally starting to normalize(to a new normal )

"Maybe". Market only tolerates shit prices so much before there's pushback.

^this

So long as the import authority is solely that of the executive branch, wasn’t this ban just a matter of time? I‘ve long expected something like this which is why I’m sitting on enough 7.62x39 for at least a few years. Unfortunately no amount of stash matters if the supply is gone.

while it will drive another surge in ammo prices, domestic ammo manufacturers will fill in this niche...

ultimately when American manufacturers get this supply chain setup, I believe we’ll have better choices for projectiles...
No, they will not 'fill' the niche, but they will be happy to take advantage if able with existing equipment and capacity. Their skinflinting is at a level that occupies the wet dreams of newb NESers with an Anderson lower but 2 kids in diapers and daycare.

Regarding better projectile choices, when did artificial elimination of competition result in better/ more choices for consumers?

Your PSA AK example is a great one as far as filling a niche goes, but those margins are much more attractive than to be had via making ammo. Quick return = easy to get capital. Besides facing the tighter margins, the ammo producers controlled by larger corporations are beholden to cash flow objectives that may (probably will) directly conflict with improving service.

Back
Top Bottom