Biden bans Russian Arms and Ammo

He should have banned the export of US arms and ammo to the Taliban.
ELNIk2AWsAAOcAH.jpg

This may boil over into bans on ammo importations from other Euro bloc countries as well.
Why; who'd they poison?

(Clown-shoe Donks may have overplayed their hand
with such a specific BS pretext for the ban).

ELNIk2AWsAAOcAH.jpg

Why; who'd they poison?

(Clown-shoe Donks may have overplayed their hand
with such a specific BS pretext for the ban).
Do you think so? I’m willing to bet they double down the bets on their hand.

Do you think so? I’m willing to bet they double down the bets on their hand.
That was me being pessimistic to the point of sarcasm
(which of course doesn't travel well on text forums).

I don't think the Afghanistan sh¡t show is some kind of Operation Fast And Furious writ large,
intended to destabilize some domain.

Although while the Administration can't reason its way out of a moist paper bag
I concede there's at least a modest chance that some materiel or intelligence leakage
is deliberate - at least by foreign agents if not some Deep State schemers
making 5D chess moves...

CURRENT OR PENDING applications.

That means if your truck hasn't pulled away from the customs yard already, you may not get your shipment.
Did some more digging and asked friends that own gun shops. They said every load that comes in is a new application

The pending ones are ones that have been approved and sitting on a ship or dock somewhere outside the US waiting to be send , or in some cases is could be in a US port waiting to be released.

So yes you’re right. I didn’t realize the permit thing was for each time a shipment comes into the US. Fuuuuck

Did some more digging and asked friends that own gun shops. They said every load that comes in is a new application

The pending ones are ones that have been approved and sitting on a ship or dock somewhere outside the US waiting to be send , or in some cases is could be in a US port waiting to be released.

So yes you’re right. I didn’t realize the permit thing was for each time a shipment comes into the US. Fuuuuck

Yes, there are no "long term import contracts". Every lot of ammo that gets put into a container destined for import into the U.S. has to be inspected and sealed AT ITS SOURCE before it is loaded onto a ship or plane.

Any "contract" that may exist in the whole process is not for "importing" but for "supplying" ( between the manufacturer and buyer/importer ). and has nothing to do with BATFE/ State Department rules and U.S. laws.

If a container of ammo has not left cutoms on U.S. soil, it it subject to "denial" of import and might sit in a customs yard until sanctions are lifted.
I predict Russian ammo will double in price within 6 months or less.......if it can be found at all. Credit cards will be smoking in the next couple of weeks.

Will other countries fill the void???......that remains to be seen. Hopefully so.

Will U.S. companies step up and ramp up production???......I wouldn't bet the farm on it.....and if they do, you can count on price hikes across the board in all calibers.

didn't they ban Russian firearms/AK's at one point and someone opened a factory in Florida? Or was that a dream?

There are no ammo manufacturers in the US that make 7.62x39? If not, I sense a business opportunity.

There are American companies that make 7.62x39......but not anywhere near the volume or price point needed to fill the void that will be created by this import ban.

A business opportunity? Sure if supplies/materials can be obtained and someone with millions to set up a factory steps up...and that doesn't look promising currently.

Yeah. History is soon forgotten. In the 1940's the boogeyman in the American public was Japanese. These people are/were lawful, many times native born US citizens with some Japanese anscestry. The US gov literally rounded them all up and put them in camps. You think that for another particular political/racial/beleif holding demographic is unfathomable? Even within this time of extreme polarization on political/religious/ethnic/regional lines and lack of social cohesion?
Yes, and our society still rates the megalomaniac who did it as one of the best presidents.

Not shocked… this is just another way to get it gun owners. Can’t ban guns because if 2A, but ban ammo imports. high taxes on ammo sales is coming

Didn't US army buy a lot of Russian made ammo at some time?

Yes. A lot. And often...

Russia's top state-owned industrial conglomerate, Rostec, says it would be more than happy to sell ammunition to the U.S. military for Soviet-style rifles and machine guns, such as the Kalashnikov AK family of rifles, if the United States would just lift the relevant sanctions. Every year, the U.S. Army buys significant quantities of these rounds, as well as the guns themselves, to support a host of requirements within the U.S. government, especially from special operations forces, and in order to supply such ordnance to American allies and partners abroad.

More:
Russia Says It Would Happily Sell The Pentagon Ammo If It Weren't For Those Pesky Sanctions

The ONLY thing keeping US manufacturers from going full retard on prices is the availability of overseas ammo.. Kinda like how local shops LOVE that most places won't ship to MA and most of the customers are too lazy to figure out how to get ammo shipped to them, so they charge accordingly. Kinda sucks because prices and availability were finally starting to normalize(to a new normal )

I always figured the .gov will never take away weapons, they will just tax the shit out of ammo.

Exactly! Just like they ramped up to meet the 2020-2021 demand! Oh, wait...

I'm not picking on you personally - I'm just extremely disappointed with the lack of response from the ammo and component suppliers. The f-ing tools at Hornady released that video that mocks their customer base over some of the conspiracy theories floating around and showed "Yeah, we're busy" clips of their machines running. There was an implied "F off, we are not investing in additional capacity". Frustrating...
Those videos make me laugh as well , they all claim to be running 24\7 yet supply still,seems to be very scarce in my opinion.

How is this any different than Trump saying he wants to bring manucturing and jobs back to the USA?
This is a great opportunity for some US operations.
Trump never talked about banning the importation of products from other countries (that I know of at least), he wanted to put incentives in place for manufacturing to happen here. With Russian ammo banned, if American companies start producing it (however long that will take) you'll be looking at 762x39 for 50cpr. It surely is an opportunity for manufacturers but it means higher prices for everyone else.

The ONLY thing keeping US manufacturers from going full retard on prices is the availability of overseas ammo.. Kinda like how local shops LOVE that most places won't ship to MA and most of the customers are too lazy to figure out how to get ammo shipped to them, so they charge accordingly. Kinda sucks because prices and availability were finally starting to normalize(to a new normal )

I always figured the .gov will never take away weapons, they will just tax the shit out of ammo.
Crap, you are spot on. Harry Potterfield's wand just got stiffer, and that other company just retrofitted their bighorn sheep with a single, zucchini-shaped horn to better represent the new customer experience.

No worries. Scroll to ~3:00 for the contingency plan:

Back
Top Bottom