• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Biden bans Russian Arms and Ammo

Depending on how much you have you might want to be worried... it's going to take at least X number of years for that s*** to get struck down. There was a weird period about a decade ago where no Russian ammo was coming into the US it lasted almost a year..... of course there are other factories in former republics that could get wound up to meet demand but that's not going to happen overnight.... maybe those guys in Romania will start to make hot shot again that stuff was actually pretty good.... this sucks donkey balls though if it's going to stop stuff like GT or Tula....
I expect prices have already been increased.

He wants us disarmed.

shot 200 rounds in the back yard after work, go inside. 20 minutes later my buddy calls me and gives me ‘the news’!!

If this ain’t go-time, I duno what is. I’m in full a**h*** mode.
It was a rhetorical question.😊

I know full well why he/they would do that.......they know a shooting war is coming very soon on OUR SOIL.

Next you'll see American produced ammunition raised to unaffordable levels for the average person who refused to accept the writing on the wall for the past three decades.

Give Russians few weeks, they have options. Made in Belarus! Made in Vietnam! Made in Ukraine!
Sanctions are their business.
I agree but all that adds cost you’d have to ship it to another country and then export it again after repackaging it….. On an item that is cost sensitive….

New sanctions imposed today under the CBW Act include:

1. Restrictions on the permanent imports of certain Russian firearms. New and pending permit applications for the permanent importation of firearms and ammunition manufactured or located in Russia will be subject to a policy of denial.
  2. Additional Department of Commerce export restrictions on nuclear and missile-related goods and technology pursuant to the Export Control Reform Act of 2018.
These sanctions also include a continuation of measures imposed on March 2, 2021, as well as in 2018 and 2019 in response to the poisoning of Sergey Skripal and his daughter, along with the waivers associated with these sanctions. For information about the waivers, please see 86 FR 14804 and 84 FR 44671.

Duration and Conditions for Removal

These latest sanctions on Russia pursuant to the CBW Act will take effect upon the publication of a Federal Register notice expected on September 7, 2021, and they will remain in place for a minimum of 12 months. The sanctions can only be lifted after a 12-month period if the Executive Branch determines and certifies to Congress that Russia has met several conditions described in the CBW Act, 22 U.S.C. 5605(c), including (1) providing reliable assurances that it will not use chemical weapons in violation of international law, (2) it is not making preparations to use chemical weapons in the future, (3) it is willing to allow international inspectors to verify those assurances, and (4) it is making restitution to Mr. Navalny.

All this while the 'enemies of America' according to Joe Biden are left millions of dollars of taxpayer funded new/like new M4 Carbines, M16s, crates of handguns and RPGs, presumilby millions or billions of rounds of 5.56, several thousand Hummers, and about 200 mil aircraft. See individual Talib post videos on their Nokia potato phones with piles of abandoned small arms. There are a lot of recent photos coming out with your average Talib having a mint condition M16/M4s with $1500 Trijicon ACOGs.

The US Gov't leaves the Taliban boogeyman who are the 'greatest threat to our democracy!!!' with millions worth of full auto rifles with $1500 optics, RPGs, etc but doesn't want you to be able to stockpile cheap steel imported ammo for your neutered civillian semi auto AK? Wake up, because the people facilitaing this want you in a box car.

Wake up, because these people want you in a box car.
Yep. People need to realize this. The biggest enemy of the United States is the United States Government. No doubt about it.

Theyre not stupid. Theyre not inept or incompetent. Theyre not clueless or out of touch with the common man. Theyre doing this shit on purpose. They know exactly what theyre doing and why theyre doing it.

Yep. People need to realize this. The biggest enemy of the United States is the United States Government. No doubt about it.

Theyre not stupid. Theyre not inept or incompetent. Theyre not clueless or out of touch with the common man. Theyre doing this shit on purpose. They know exactly what theyre doing and why theyre doing it.

Yeah. History is soon forgotten. In the 1940's the boogeyman in the American public was Japanese. These people are/were lawful, many times native born US citizens with some Japanese anscestry. The US gov literally rounded them all up and put them in camps. You think that for another particular political/racial/beleif holding demographic is unfathomable? Even within this time of extreme polarization on political/religious/ethnic/regional lines and lack of social cohesion?

I agree but all that adds cost you’d have to ship it to another country and then export it again after repackaging it….. On an item that is cost sensitive….
And if I recall correctly it has to have sat/been in that other country for at least 10 years with paperwork to prove it, then it has to be inventoried and sealed WITHIN that country before that container is cleared for shipment.

Restrictions on the permanent imports of certain Russian firearms. New and pending permit applications for the permanent importation of firearms and ammunition manufactured or located in Russia will be subject to a policy of denial.

So does this only apply to new and pending permit applications??

Last edited:
With this potato in the WH, an import ban seemed inevitable. while it blows, there is an enormous market for this ammo so I suspect the American manufacturers will get rolling on steel cased 7.62x39. In 2018 or so Hornady was producing steel cased SST for around 0.60 per round. Granted ammo prices were lower I think they can easily make cheap steel ammo for under 0.50 a round on US soil.

Restrictions on the permanent imports of certain Russian firearms. New and pending permit applications for the permanent importation of firearms and ammunition manufactured or located in Russia will be subject to a policy of denial.

So does this only apply to new and pending permit applications?? Tula, Vympel etc aren’t NEW/PENDING I would say?.
That is what I was wondering.

Give Russians few weeks, they have options. Made in Belarus! Made in Vietnam! Made in Ukraine!
Sanctions are their business.
Back when the US put an embargo on south africa due to apartheid; the chromite and nickle ores were sold to Russia and loaded on to Russian ships and then sold in the US at a healthy markup.

So does this only apply to new and pending permit applications?? Tula, Vympel etc aren’t NEW/PENDING importers I would say?.
Tula and Vympel aren’t importers, they are manufacturers. Importers are in the US and have to get a permit for each ammo shipment from overseas. Existing permits that were granted will be honored but that’s it. No new permits will be granted.

Back
Top Bottom