Biden bans Russian Arms and Ammo

PSA won’t ship a paper clip to MA let alone actual firearms related product.
This is true, but it may be available through other suppliers who do. Take Target Sports for instance.

PSA won't be starting production until mid-2023, so the ammo won't likely be available for about two years at this rate.

Given that their regular ammo prices are nothing to write home about, I'm not particularly enthusiastic.
Probably run into delays because of import restrictions.

Dude, this is Slovakian product. Macedonia has a good goat cheese.
20211114_150057.jpg

I'm not seeing this discussed elsewhere on NES...

...​
As of Apr. 8, 2022, the Biden admin has now raised a 32.3% duty on all imports from Russia and Belarus thanks to the aptly named "Suspending Normal Trade Relations with Russia and Belarus Act," or HR 7108 for short.​
This duty increase was confirmed to TMGN by a representative of Barnaul Ammunition.
The 32.3% raise itself comes from HR 7108, making Russia & Belarus ineligible for the "most-favored-nation" tariff rates that the United States currently applies to imports from WTO member countries.​
How does this affect Russian Ammo imports, you might ask? Well, because this new law applies to all current imports, we can expect the price to increase dramatically on all Russian ammo still on its way to the US Market.​
...​

I'm not in the AK ammo market - someone sent me the link.

I'm not seeing this discussed elsewhere on NES...

...​
As of Apr. 8, 2022, the Biden admin has now raised a 32.3% duty on all imports from Russia and Belarus thanks to the aptly named "Suspending Normal Trade Relations with Russia and Belarus Act," or HR 7108 for short.​
This duty increase was confirmed to TMGN by a representative of Barnaul Ammunition.
The 32.3% raise itself comes from HR 7108, making Russia & Belarus ineligible for the "most-favored-nation" tariff rates that the United States currently applies to imports from WTO member countries.​
How does this affect Russian Ammo imports, you might ask? Well, because this new law applies to all current imports, we can expect the price to increase dramatically on all Russian ammo still on its way to the US Market.​
...​

I'm not in the AK ammo market - someone sent me the link.
We’ve discussed this to some degree when the ammo ban came about last summer. I am in the market but not now because I stocked an impressive amount when I saw the proverbial writing on the wall. The Biden russian ammo ban has been greatly exacerbated by the war and trade status change. That being said x39 will be produced more in the eastern block nations to skirt the tariffs and bans. Herzegovina, Serbia, and Hungary being a few of those.

Yeah Russian ammo prices will skyrocket but companies like S&B and PPU don’t make ammo in Russia which is helpful. Other companies are basically repackaging Russian made ammo. Going to be interesting.

There is zero ammo being sent here from russia at this point so increasing duty fees means nothing to us at this point. There is still enough x39 in this country where i would recommend stocking up and wait till more options come. I wont be surprised if 7.62x39 costs the same as .223 going forward. Ill go broke now and stock up at $6.50 a box.

The 32.3% raise itself comes from HR 7108, making Russia & Belarus ineligible for the "most-favored-nation" tariff rates that the United States currently applies to imports from WTO member countries.
Would you be OK with your money being used to create ammunition to be used by soldiers to kill in Ukraine? It's like when Biden stopped the US from buying Canadian oil and instead use Russian oil. Yes, our current president's first order of business coming into office was to start financing the future Russian war in Ukraine.

Would you be OK with your money being used to create ammunition to be used by soldiers to kill in Ukraine? It's like when Biden stopped the US from buying Canadian oil and instead use Russian oil. Yes, our current president's first order of business coming into office was to start financing the future Russian war in Ukraine.
What you mean "my money", Kemo Sabe?

I've always thought that getting entangled in a supply chain originating in Russia
ranks right up there with Bad Idea Jeans.

Last edited:
The demand is definitely there. I'm surprised no big overseas players have moved in to fill the Russian void.

Palmetto State Armory is rumored to be cranking up an ammo plant. Expect to see plenty of x39 from them, especially since they manufacture the guns as well.

Unless you're in MA of course, then you're S.O.L...
Hopefully their cases won't crack like their AK trunnions...

I think the better solution is someone like Taiwan, who already makes Wolf's 223, pick up 7.62x39, although maybe a country with a history of using the cartridge like Bulgaria would be a better choice. Bulgaria still has AKMs in reserve. There's plenty of other countries to choose from, maybe PPU in Serbia could get more involved and/or churn out some steel-cased. Given PSA's prices on regular ammo, I wouldn't expect to find any "deals."

Last edited:
The demand is definitely there. I'm surprised no big overseas players have moved in to fill the Russian void.
Maybe they are working it. I am going to guess exporting millions of rounds to the U.S is not easy, specially when you want to do it reliably.

They would need to have a distributor, although I am guessing that is the easy part.

What surprises me is thzt no U.S ammo distributors are searching for oversea supply. Maybe they are and there isn't any.

What surprises me is thzt no U.S ammo distributors are searching for oversea supply. Maybe they are and there isn't any.
They probably are but not a huge rush to start importing with 35cpr Russian ammo still available. TSUSA has been selling Russian-made ammo for 35cpr as recently as this week, imported by "Republic" or whatever they're called.

What countries has the U.S. banned the import of commercial Ammo from? Wasn't China the first when HW Bush was in charge?

Yes, yet another Republican who claims to be on the gun owners side who show their appreciation by making more gun laws and restrictions.

Remember when the gun owning sheep always used to bleet about how the Dems will never make anti-gun laws because they will never win another election, citing Clinton as the example? lol The Republicans just did it for them, now the Dems are doing it as well.

Never forget, BOTH parties hate guns because it thretens their power.

to fill the Russian void.
We haven't really seen a void yet since the ban affects new or pending permits. So, it's still being imported under previously granted licenses. Once those expire and nothing new comes in, then we'll see a void. The importation should cease around August (one-year permits), so we're getting there. Then again, once it's imported it doesn't always immediately go up for sale, so perhaps we're "good" (air quotes) until the end of the year or early next year.

Yes, yet another Republican who claims to be on the gun owners side who show their appreciation by making more gun laws and restrictions.

Remember when the gun owning sheep always used to bleet about how the Dems will never make anti-gun laws because they will never win another election, citing Clinton as the example? lol The Republicans just did it for them, now the Dems are doing it as well.

Never forget, BOTH parties hate guns because it thretens their power.

Meh, the russian import bans on ammo IMO are more a political grandstanding thing than anything resembling an anti-gun thing. If it was meant to be anti gun they would never lift
the bans periodically. The reality is other products are likely simultaneously blocked but we only pay attention to ammo because we dont care about anything else they sell... [rofl]

But yes, its been a windshield wipering bullshit problem over the past couple decades. Basically the consumer gets trapped between RUSSIA BAD! rhetoric
etc. Both shit "parties" engage in this BS and the consumer suffers as a result.

Back
Top Bottom