Better than a bump fire stock

$400? Idk, the rate of fire seems to be all over the place. Did the fix the problem with overdriving the trigger and getting the hammer out of position?

[video=youtube_share;o5ONpFy-QR8]http://youtu.be/o5ONpFy-QR8[/video]

How is this better than bumpfire stock? Both are stupid, this is worse.

I've been told that the fostech echo trigger is better and more reliable, not sure how accurate that info is.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is absurd for the Echo pitchman to call it the "safest AR trigger" since it negates the conventional practice of "finger off the trigger immediately to cease firing".

The feature of the Echo to be able to hold the trigger back and put it in safe and have it not fire the 2nd round is what IMO makes it better than the other offerings out there.

The feature of the Echo to be able to hold the trigger back and put it in safe and have it not fire the 2nd round is what IMO makes it better than the other offerings out there.

The Franklin Armory BFS does that as well.

The biggest difference between the two just seeing them is that the Echo comes with a bolt carrier that is specifically designed to work with their trigger. I haven't gotten my hands on the Echo yet, but the BFS 2 has to be tuned to function properly. The BFS3 and the Echo are supposed to be drop in trigger packs.

It is absurd for the Echo pitchman to call it the "safest AR trigger" since it negates the conventional practice of "finger off the trigger immediately to cease firing".

Agreed. Dangerous dangerous dangerous. The only way this kind of binary trigger is safe is if every gun you own works this way and this is what you are used to. Which we all know is a ridiculous assumption.

If you want to shoot fast without a bumpfire stock or spending for full auto. Get a Geissele super 3 gun. Its REALLY fast.

But just for fun. Here's a teaser from Mass Rifle recently.

[video=youtube_share;4mAznriN0Jo]http://youtu.be/4mAznriN0Jo[/video]

Here's a fairly skilled guy with the Geissele super dyanamic 3 gun trigger. Skip to 1 minute mark if you are short of time.

Don

[video=youtube_share;Vvr0rSaFgZE]http://youtu.be/Vvr0rSaFgZE?t=1m[/video]

(Bang.)

"Cease fire!"

Well, yeah, but...not exactly immediately...

(Bang.)

Well, if the shooter can put the selector on safe from the full auto, fully forward position, it won't fire on release. Still dangerous. Simply because of the software problem in people's head.

This really is a software problem. I spoke to a guy at shot about these triggers. He said that everyone who has shot one has been surprised at some point by the shot going of on trigger release. In other words, they sent a round downrange that they didn't intend to send. I'll pass.

Bumpfire stocks are cheaper and better than ever and are perfectly safe. Its a better solution to getting full auto giggles on a budget.

I agree with the both of you. I'm the first one to say you should be able to blow yourself up if you want to but the FET seems like the kind of thing where the chance for someone else to get clipped by accident is high. The learning curve to properly use is is a lot like the DP 12 its awkward and unfamiliar and requires lots of diligent repetition to be consistent and safe.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

The echo trigger seems fine and a lot safer than the BFS. The echo 's hammer won't outrun the bolt and, as others have pointed out, you can switch out of binary mode to safe and the second round won't discharge. Also, it's not like these things remove the standard semi auto capability of the rifle. I'll probably eventually get one, but honestly i'll use it mostly on semi, reserving the binary mode for quazi full auto lulz at a sand pit. Also, re- bumpfire stocks. The cheap ones look stupid and the ones that actually look cool are around the same price as these triggers, so seeing as how I'll be spending $400 either way, I'll opt for the trigger pack.

Last edited:
Still dangerous. Simply because of the software problem in people's head.
The danger goes beyond the carbon based software problem. In order to prevent the gun from firing when the trigger is back, you need to keep putting energy into the system (hold the trigger) or put energy into manipulating the safety lever. With conventional triggers and actions shooting stops if you stop putting energy into the system (i.e., trigger pull).

Last edited:
Provided everyone uses basic safety procedures everyone should be safe with the Echo trigger. I understand that letting off the trigger during a cease fire is part of it, but as long as the weapon is pointed in a safe direction everything should be A-ok.

Just another "I wish I was an operator" gadget...
freaking useless.

- - - Updated - - -

Provided everyone uses basic safety procedures everyone should be safe with the Echo trigger. I understand that letting off the trigger during a cease fire is part of it, but as long as the weapon is pointed in a safe direction everything should be A-ok.

Yah, like the cops won't freak the hell out with that "extra" shot...

Usually id say man up and buy a FA...but the prices have reached a point where its not practical.
It a cool trigger. Ill wait for it to be under 200 before i buy..... i bought a bumpfire when it first came out for way to much, and while ive had it on a gun... ive never used it.

I had the m16 on the way. At 15 feet a bumpfire might be ok, but its really no more effective than semi..
I may be full of shit though, if i was going to get some @ less than 100yards idwant FA

I own a couple of machine guns. After a while its no big deal. I get more pleasure out of watching other people smile, laugh, and giggle when they shoot it, than I do actually shooting it myself.

Don

Ehh, i dont know if it gets old...maybe some day. Thats why im looking forward t .308 and .50
I defiantly enjoy other people using the giggle switch, but the ones that enjoy it the most are the ones who make me ask myself if i should let just anybody spray off. And the women seem to always be safer then men.
Atleast the caliber of women who come to the nes shoot

Last edited:
That Gissele thing looks interesting, but I'd worry if I was using it for a defense gun. Now you need a dedicated "range" lower.

It would be fun, tho. And. . . . wait. I've got a spare lower. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. LOL

Based on what I've seen, it would be safest, and best to just get the Super 3G trigger and practice to achieve a solid rate of fire. I really think having a shot on release is only going to create problems, even if it appears to be faster initially. With practice, you can do the same thing, probably more accurately too with the Super 3G, without having to learn a new manual of arms.

Back
Top Bottom