Best Gunnshop location to consider in MA

I'd previously mentioned:

"Somewhere on the Route 9 corridor between Worcester and Natick. Westboro/Southboro would be good."

This is about as middle of the state as you'll get, with relatively easy access from 495 north/south, and the Mass Pike east/west.

Call it "Center Mass Firearms"

I'd previously mentioned:

"Somewhere on the Route 9 corridor between Worcester and Natick. Westboro/Southboro would be good."

This is about as middle of the state as you'll get, with relatively easy access from 495 north/south, and the Mass Pike east/west.

Call it "Center Mass Firearms"
The geographic center of the state is somewhere in Barre I beleive....the population center outlined above is probably ideal for a new shop.

Gun shops in the Worcester area are a little thin, but if you center in Worcester.....people from the Eastern half of MA will not support you. They think Worcester is like going to the Berkshires or something and their world is generally east of 495. Therefore, the main populus although very liberal......will be around 495, and Worcester people may drive east to support you and you will get some support from suburbia.

West of Worcester there are a few new gun shops popping up, and the population is not high there, so I would not think of that as a good place. Most of us out here also buy our guns online with a spags mentality and have them transferred to a few nice local dealers 5 mins from our house. We are not driving out to 495 in shithole traffic to buy guns. Places like Cabelas...NFW gets any of my gun business.

Well, I've been to your shop a few times in Bourne and picked bought some stuff.. I was hoping this thread bump meant you had moved to metrowest.

Stoughton area. Right at the intersection of 24, 95, 128, 93 and 3. Also 10 min to rte 9, the pike, and 15 min to rte 2.

As for good lighting and a shiny showroom, I always like to use Mass Firearms in Holliston as a good example. Halogen lights pointed at the showpieces and clean glass display all around with goodies on the other side of the wall. I remember back in the day when that place was just starting out as just a little classroom with four shooting lanes. Tight shop and none of the cattle experience over at FS people seem to love to squeeze in and smell each other's BO.

Pretty big chunk of area with few or no shops:
1670977830756.png

View attachment 697604

There's no gun money in those spots, it's that simple.

Thinking about it, not even that many people. That said, probably the highest per capita gun ownership in the state. Just needs one good shop somewhere at some crossroads.

Thinking about it, not even that many people. That said, probably the highest per capita gun ownership in the state. Just needs one good shop somewhere at some crossroads.
Per capita gun ownership is high, but the number of people that actually buy stuff on the reg is very low.

View attachment 697604

I wish someone would put a gun shop in Northampton so we could see all the SJW communists’ heads explode.

This.........not many people, new shooters already have guns for the most part as their parents have a bunch, already. Just thinking of my kids and their friends when growing up, they all had guns already bought reserved for them to use on their first hunts, etc. Most are full family units, with wives not buying guns that much cause husbands already have them.

There aren't many single females in apartments....etc....

Plus there;s new shops in Barre and Hubbardston already.

The whole southwest corner of that map is very few people, and a lot of Berkshires.

The money and population is out in the east as is most of the newer shooters, as is the demographic of scared urban citizens that need a gun the next time someone farts loud.

Last edited:
Im thinking to move my shop from Cape closer to Boston i would say within 20ml radius.
Looking for suggestion from fellows gun owners, what town should be a best candidate from all perspectives to consider.
Pros, cons and suggestions are welcome.
Thank you all in advance.
Andrey
I would try to get the house right next to Maura Healy......:)
Seriously though, it's never an easy decision where to locate any business but I wish you all the best in your decision.

View attachment 697604

The map does not show Paladin Arms in New Marlborough, which is where everyone out here goes. But yeah, there is not much $$ in it. Honestly I think he is open mostly as a community service.

For reference

I didn’t know that, which building/street number. Thanks.
The ET Wright building at the corner of Liberty St and Webster I believe used to have a few FFLs, maybe still does. I went in there and I could be wrong but it felt like all the FFLs were out of there. I couldn’t find any.

The ET Wright building at the corner of Liberty St and Webster I believe used to have a few FFLs, maybe still does. I went in there and I could be wrong but it felt like all the FFLs were out of there. I couldn’t find any.
Really? I didn't know that. I was last there maybe April of last year. There were three (or four) in one suite, and elsewhere (upstairs I think) there was a custom holster maker (which I have heard recommended repeatedly).

Back
Top Bottom