Best Gunnshop location to consider in MA

mbz4ever

Dealer
NES Member
Im thinking to move my shop from Cape closer to Boston i would say within 20ml radius.
Looking for suggestion from fellows gun owners, what town should be a best candidate from all perspectives to consider.
Pros, cons and suggestions are welcome.
Thank you all in advance.
Andrey

At least in Central Massachusetts, recent elections have shown the suburbs are voting more conservative and urban areas still solidly liberal. So I would look not only to the suburbs but a suburban community that supports the second amendment which usually means the local police department.

Anywhere 95 Belt from Woburn (or what people call "Four Seasons area") down to Walpole (1776 area). The key is to not be "way the **** out there" in any direction.

Somewhere on the Route 9 corridor between Worcester and Natick. Westboro/Southboro would be good.

I would agree with this. Just be prepared to pay between $25 and $30 PSF triple net to rent something there.

If those figures work within your budget and you like Natick, PM me and we can talk.

Anywhere 95 Belt from Woburn (or what people call "Four Seasons area") down to Walpole (1776 area). The key is to not be "way the **** out there" in any direction.

This. Burlington/Lexington/Waltham would be my vote, since you wouldn't (at least to my knowledge) be infringing upon another LGS's town. I like competition, but not encroachment.

This. Burlington/Lexington/Waltham would be my vote, since you wouldn't (at least to my knowledge) be infringing upon another LGS's town. I like competition, but not encroachment.

There are several clubs in the vicinity of Lexington area - Concord Rod & Gun, Maynard Rod & Gun, Musketaquid, Nashoba Sportsmans Club, Weston Shooters Club.
I think that kind of implies a fair amount of gun owners in the area. Although, I don't really know what the membership statistics for those clubs are.

Could try to sell black powder to all the minuteman re-enactors too [wink]

Ever consider going into a partnership with an existing store to create one larger store (with the added buying power of 2 shops hopefully creating a 'fourseasons south' type environment?

It seems that there are so many small shops now that some are starting to close, and it might be better to have a med sized store to compete with the big box stores

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Foxboro/Mansfield would be nice. 495 and 95 both pass through it so it would be easily to get to.

Check out the number of licenses on the Comm2 list to see where potential customers are grouped. Also, isn't 1776 in Walpole closing and moving to FL soon? If you do some of their services, that area is going to have a void now.

I don't think you'll be able to find an underserved market within 20 miles from Boston unless you can offer something other shops can't/won't.
good point, something like this:
homeboy_night_sights.jpg

Back
Top Bottom