Best Gun Shop in New Hampshire

hey folks,

so I'm looking to take a road trip on Saturday and I figured I'd go explore the free land of NH. Any good recommendations on a good gun shop? I've got an AR in in the middle of building so any place that has some tacti-cool goodies would be awesome.

Shooters Outpost in Hookset has a pretty good selection of tacticool accessories last time I was in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. Go south! We keep our gun stuff for us free staters. You MA people can keep your hope and change.
All kidding aside. Hooksett is a 2 stop destination with Shooter's and Riley's. ACME is worth a trip just for the people, but they have nice guns too.
But seriously, stay off our lawn. Pay MA sales tax. New Hampshire farts in Massachusetts' general direction.

Rileys is my go to NH store, Shooters Outpost has a nice selection but I personally have had a few bad experiences with staff there enough to say "F" them.

Collectable is great. Rileys is great. I also like SO. Wildlife taxidermy and sport shop does not have as much guns, but has tons of other outdoor and hunting stuff.

Many times, when going from SO to rileys, or vice versa, I have stopped at the KFC/taco bell and ate both!
[grin]
[shocked]
[puke]
Yeah, its pretty gross actually.

A clerk at shooters tried to game a state rep who was interested in suppressors. He went over and inquired about suppressors and the clerk claims they got a bunch of 308 suppressors for $3,000 EACH and it is an 18 month wait.

$3,000 for a ****ing suppressor? It is made of gold? Seriously not even surefire charges that much for a suppressor!!!

Either the clerk thought he could take the state rep for a ride or shooters thinks they can take everyone for a ride.

A clerk at shooters tried to game a state rep who was interested in suppressors. He went over and inquired about suppressors and the clerk claims they got a bunch of 308 suppressors for $3,000 EACH and it is an 18 month wait.

$3,000 for a ****ing suppressor? It is made of gold? Seriously not even surefire charges that much for a suppressor!!!

Either the clerk thought he could take the state rep for a ride or shooters thinks they can take everyone for a ride.

Maybe they come with a match grade rifle (including optic)... [rofl2]

Shooters Outpost always has best prices and largest selection on guns and ammo IMO and I shop around all the NH gun shops.

As far as the $3000 suppressors story I call BS I looked at all the suppressors last week and the most expensive one was a $1300 titanium 308 can. But if a politician said that it must true just like anything you read on the Internet is true right? LMAO!

If you stop in to Shooters ask for Jim the owner and introduce yourself (he is usually around the ammo dept. on the first floor bringing in pallets of ammo most times I visit) he is a great guy and if he is not to busy he is known to give tours of his facilities to new customers.

PS they always have 22LR and the limits allow more per person than anyplace else, be sure to bring a friend and double dip lol

Last edited:
If you're heading to the white mountains, visit Stan and his wife at the Village Gun store in Whitefield. Great people...I bought my first gun from them at the ripe old age of 16 the day they opened in 1974....I still have that Marlin .22 rifle.

They are all good in their own ways. My favorites are Rileys, Collectable Arms, Shooters. Collectable is on the way up to hookset and rileys and shooters are about 5 minutes from each other. There is also a bass pro on the other side of the river from rileys.

Riley's in Hooksett and Collectible in Merrimack.

Screw Shooter's Outhouse.
Riley's is my go to NH store, Shooter's Outpost has a nice selection but I personally have had a few bad experiences with staff there enough to say "F" them.
X3 [wink]

Might want to stop at Shooter's on your way to Riley's just to see how 'pretty' it is... but beware that it is not MA-resident friendly and generally kind of messed up staff and policy-wise. Best to buy elsewhere where they actually appreciate your business.

I am a reloader and my primary interest is revolvers and self-built rifles. No interest in mil-surp or black plastic guns although I have a G17 for USPSA.

I love Shooters Outpost, best Dillon prices around and they have almost 1 of everything. Usually plenty of powder and components but it can be hit or miss. As a mass hole, I have never felt mistreated.

Riley's is pretty great too, they just have less stock. Their service is exceptional, last summer my 2 year old and I took a ride up there on a whim and there were having a huge sale that spilled out into the parking lot. I was able to get 5k primers for 120 or maybe less. I then asked if they had a scope mount for my 460xvr revolver and they took 10 minutes looking through the bin to find my $15 mount while there were a ton of other customers in the store. I was really impressed.

I have not been to any other stores I would consider remarkable in NH but I want to make the trip to Acme sooner than later.

Chris

As a M@sshole (but born / raised in NH) +1 for both SO and Riley's. Been to both many times and always been helped promptly with a smile and friendly word, and even a bs session or two. No issues giving either or both, my business.

Rileys is my go to NH store, Shooters Outpost has a nice selection but I personally have had a few bad experiences with staff there enough to say "F" them.

That's weird, I had exactly the opposite experience. Shooters has been awesome every time I've been in there. Riley's not so much.

go for the full NH circuit:

american weapon systems, rindge
collectable, merrimack
stateline, plaistow
acme armament, londonderry
shooter's, hooksett
riley's, hooksett

that's in order of stops. or start at the top and work your way down to rindge.

Last edited:
I think it's pretty much which staff member helps you at Riley's. There are a few who are rather crusty, others are awesome. YMMV.

that is a pretty accurate statement. talked to a guy in full kit at riley's one time and even the lady was rolling her eyes, we both just "yeah, okay'd" our way on away from that counter.

Skip the road trip this weekend and go to the Gun Show in Wilmington, Mass at the Shriners.

In the future think about Collectors Firearms and Militaria on Bridge Street (Route 38) in Pelham, NH. Lot's of interesting old stuff, mil surp and accessories.

Other not yet mentioned shops include Skips Gun Shop in Bristol, Franks Firearms in Meredith, Marshalls in Boscawen, Byron's Gun Shop on Route 125 in Plaistow, State Line in Plaistow, the other State Line shop now called Old Glory on Fitchburg Road in Mason, NH

whoops i totally forgot stateline, also referred to as "good stateline" in plaistow. definitely go hit that shop up as well.

skip "bad state line" a.k.a. old glory in mason. new name, same operation. to me personally they have refused transfers because it "cuts into their profits" after they didn't respond to my request to locate me a specific rifle, failed to repair a gun that i purchased from them in less than working order, and charged sales tax (!) on firearms transferred in MA.

i went to the open house when they changed their name and saw nothing but the same old shit. got a free t-shirt that i won't wear because it has their name on the sleeve.

If you're heading to the white mountains, visit Stan and his wife at the Village Gun store in Whitefield. Great people...I bought my first gun from them at the ripe old age of 16 the day they opened in 1974....I still have that Marlin .22 rifle.

They retired. New owners now operate the store.

go for the full NH circuit:

american weapon systems, rindge
collectable, merrimack
stateline, plaistow
acme armament, londonderry
shooter's, hooksett
riley's, hooksett

that's in order of stops. or start at the top and work your way down to rindge.

I'd say this is a pretty good run..... Collectable is just off exit 12 on the Everett Turnpike ...and the exit is free to exit!

Enjoy the road
trip!

that is a pretty accurate statement. talked to a guy in full kit at riley's one time and even the lady was rolling her eyes, we both just "yeah, okay'd" our way on away from that counter.

At least one of the guys at Riley's, in the reloading section, is a total douche bag. After a couple of instances of that, I refuse to purchase reloading components from them. Or at least when he's behind the counter. The main reloading man at SO is 1000x better.

IMO, everyone should make at least one trip to Acme.

Back
Top Bottom