Best Gun Shop in New Hampshire

To our Friends & Not so Friendly

Obviously, we can't please everyone.
But we "NEVER" stop trying at Shooters Outpost or Manchester Firing Line!

Solomon02 - you posted either a lie from that State Rep, or one yourself! We've never had 3,000 dollar .308 Cans, or tell people that it takes 18 months.

Our prices are clear, or will show you where it came from. I have moved over (20,000) NFA Items in my life, and have yet to hear a complaint of overpricing or "gaming" a customer.

We do offer in house fingerprinting at no charge, guidance on doing your own form 1's at no charge, and are always available to answer questions on NFA even if it's not purchased here.

There are tons of great gun stores in the State of NH, and Shooters Outpost has become a "whipping boy" to a few disgruntled people here, and a few ex- employees.

Shooters Outpost, Manchester Firing Line & James L. McLoud & Sons - Is owned, operated, and was built from scratch by Jim & Carey McLoud, and over 30 employees. If anyone ever has a problem with us or our businesses - my door is always open to talk it out. I don't hide behind my computer screen acting like an assh@le throwing comments out that can't be backed up. I can be reached on my cell phone @ 603.396.6540 Jim McLoud

My only feedbavk about shooters is that as a mass resident dont expect to buy an AR or any pistol there as theh have refused the business previously, even with a receiving ffl already setup. For ammo, bring your ltc or expect to grt turned away. Havent bought components from there.
Rileys is good
Collectors in Merrimack is awesome

I've had nothing but good experiences with Shooters. I bring my daughter with me, and she loves the kids tent and animal heads on the wall. Last Sunday, one woman working there really started hamming it up with my daughter, just for the heck of it.

Everyone I've dealt with at the ammo counter was very helpful, all the people (3 different I believe) I've talked to at the reloading counter were beyond helpful.

I couldn't care less about showing my LTC to purchase ammo, and I understand not wanting to sell firearms to MA-Holes as our state sucks. I don't know... Never had anything but a good experience in the 5 or 6 times I've driven up.

Shooters Outpost has had better prices on their guns lately, I've always been treated great there....and I always stop by Riley's on the same visit...bought Lots of stuff there over the years...

+1 on the KFC/Taco Bell stop too :)

I've had nothing but good experiences with Shooters. I bring my daughter with me, and she loves the kids tent and animal heads on the wall. Last Sunday, one woman working there really started hamming it up with my daughter, just for the heck of it.

Everyone I've dealt with at the ammo counter was very helpful, all the people (3 different I believe) I've talked to at the reloading counter were beyond helpful.

I couldn't care less about showing my LTC to purchase ammo, and I understand not wanting to sell firearms to MA-Holes as our state sucks. I don't know... Never had anything but a good experience in the 5 or 6 times I've driven up.

Been a couple of months since I went into SO last... Do they still have the mini-gun under the stairs, by the entrance?? IMO, that's a great reason to visit too. Drool over the .308 cal mini-gun setup.

They retired. New owners now operate the store.
Bummer...they were great people...I was just there this past fall...I'll have to go by there and check out the store with the new owner. I grew up about 4 miles from Whitefield. Went to school there.

Been a couple of months since I went into SO last... Do they still have the mini-gun under the stairs, by the entrance?? IMO, that's a great reason to visit too. Drool over the .308 cal mini-gun setup.

Yeah. I try not to look at it. No need to torture myself, lol.

I think it's pretty much which staff member helps you at Riley's. There are a few who are rather crusty, others are awesome. YMMV.

Yeah, that's probably true with any shop that employs more than one person. Just weird how that works out some times. I actually had one guy at Riley's suggest that I would go to federal prison if I did a legal transfer through an FFL to a buddy in NH. I guess he didn't want the business. (That was years ago, he might not even be there anymore.)

Bummer...they were great people...I was just there this past fall...I'll have to go by there and check out the store with the new owner. I grew up about 4 miles from Whitefield. Went to school there.

Yeah, they finally managed to retire. The new owners reopened a couple weeks ago. I haven't had a chance to get up there yet to meet them, but I hear they are really nice.

Here is some info on them: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Village-Gun-Store/147520048609513

Yeah, they finally managed to retire. The new owners reopened a couple weeks ago. I haven't had a chance to get up there yet to meet them, but I hear they are really nice.

Here is some info on them: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Village-Gun-Store/147520048609513
I know they kicked it around the past few years...I was in and out rather quickly the last time I was there and Stan was with a customer so didn't get a chance to say much more than "hi". I've bought a half dozen guns there since they opened, three of which I still own. While I was in the navy and home on leave, he'd sell me ammo almost at cost...he and Sandy were good folks. Hopefully they are sticking around Whitefield but wouldn't blame them at all if they adjourned to warmer climes. Thanks for the link...I'll check it out.

Obviously, we can't please everyone.
But we "NEVER" stop trying at Shooters Outpost or Manchester Firing Line!

Solomon02 - you posted either a lie from that State Rep, or one yourself! We've never had 3,000 dollar .308 Cans, or tell people that it takes 18 months.

Our prices are clear, or will show you where it came from. I have moved over (20,000) NFA Items in my life, and have yet to hear a complaint of overpricing or "gaming" a customer.

We do offer in house fingerprinting at no charge, guidance on doing your own form 1's at no charge, and are always available to answer questions on NFA even if it's not purchased here.

There are tons of great gun stores in the State of NH, and Shooters Outpost has become a "whipping boy" to a few disgruntled people here, and a few ex- employees.

Shooters Outpost, Manchester Firing Line & James L. McLoud & Sons - Is owned, operated, and was built from scratch by Jim & Carey McLoud, and over 30 employees. If anyone ever has a problem with us or our businesses - my door is always open to talk it out. I don't hide behind my computer screen acting like an assh@le throwing comments out that can't be backed up. I can be reached on my cell phone @ 603.396.6540 Jim McLoud

I've talked to this state rep before and have no reason to doubt him on this. In fact he is a sponsor on the suppressor bill that would have generated more business for suppressors since it would have opened up hunting with a suppressor. That bill, HB500, was apparently retained in committee, effectively killing it for the session.

He posted an email to a constituent that inquired about the bill. In it he mentioned the cost of a suppressor at $3K. I called him out as that was exceedingly high. He responded with the following:

SO_suppressor.PNG

You can choose to believe it or not.

And for the record I don't "hide behind a computer screen." My name is known to people here, I show up in person to NES events and I've given out an email I can be reached at.

Like I said, you can choose to believe what was posted or not. Your choice.

Last edited:
There's a new little shop in Brentwood called Gadsden Tactical. Nathan is a great guy. Its the same place as Brentwood Power, so if you need any lawn equipment or snowblowers. [laugh] Shop just opened not that long ago. They have great prices. I paid 15 bucks for a transfer. In the summer they have old tractor shoots.

Skip the road trip this weekend and go to the Gun Show in Wilmington, Mass at the Shriners.

In the future think about Collectors Firearms and Militaria on Bridge Street (Route 38) in Pelham, NH. Lot's of interesting old stuff, mil surp and accessories.

I have known Terry Goode for as long as I can remember, great guy, if he gets a deal he passes it on, Never seen him gouge anyone. An old time gun shop, go into browse, buy, or just shoot the shit.

He also has a place in N Chelmsford to handle transfers of that nature.
Terry Goode (a.k.a., "Collectors Firearms and Militaria") should be at the Wilmington Show. He was at the last one and at Plymouth and Sturbridge too. Can't say about the last Marlboro show because I was sick as a dog and couldn't attend.

The fact that he has shops in both NH and MA makes him very "MA-resident friendly" regardless of which location you shop.

There's a new little shop in Brentwood called Gadsden Tactical. Nathan is a great guy. Its the same place as Brentwood Power, so if you need any lawn equipment or snowblowers. [laugh] Shop just opened not that long ago. They have great prices. I paid 15 bucks for a transfer. In the summer they have old tractor shoots.
And you're telling me now? If anything gun related (in a good way) happens around Exeter, I am to be notified immediately. Everybody knows that. Duh.

And you're telling me now? If anything gun related (in a good way) happens around Exeter, I am to be notified immediately. Everybody knows that. Duh.

Shit, I'd like to get on the mailing list too! Brentwood is conveniently close to me.

Fun to visit all of these:

* Shooters Outpost, 1158 Hooksett Road (Rt. 3), Hookset, http://outpostnh.com/. Helpful sales associates in general, Jerry DeCosta in Reloading Dept. knows his stuff and goes out of his way to help. Good selection of ammo (some good values, some middling, some pricey but at least they have it). Pleasant, newish, well-organized. Wish the long guns upstairs didn't have to be locked to the racks.

* Riley's Sport Shop, 1575 Hooksett Road, from Shooters 3.5 miles north on Rt. 3, http://www.rileysguns.com/aboutus.html. More old-timey and a bit cluttered (in a good way), fun to browse, generally helpful staff. Good selection of used long guns in racks on floor and wall--help yourself. Good reloading and ammo selection, lots of other stuff.

* Collectors Firearms - Militaria, 122 Bridge St., Unit 9, Pelham (no Web site?). As others have said, Terry Goode is a good(e) man, knows his milsurps, look for him this weekend at the Wilmington show. Unusual shop in that it shares space with another retailer, Affordable Firearms.

* Collectible Arms & Ammo, 619 Daniel Webster Highway, Merrimack, http://www.collectablearmsandammo.com/. Shop is in a creatively converted gas station. Good prices on ammo, long guns in self-serve floor racks, always a selection of Mosins, AKs among others. Helpful staff. Worth a trip just to see their famous window posters.
banner_1.jpg

While in Hooksett at Shooters and Riley's, one exit north on I-93 is the new Bass Pro at 2 Commerce Drive. Across the parking lot from Bass Pro is a Walmart with ammo cabinet.

Last edited:
Obviously you've been told something that's not true - but passing information like that as hearsay in public is probably not the right thing either. I would be willing to say that your State Rep. friend was confused at best. We never "game" our customers and it was a clear insult. I expect better from a party that I support. Jim

I like Collectable in Pelham. He has some nice old and new stuff. The shop reminds me of a yard sale with boxes of stuff all over the place. You never know what you will find. And good prices too.
I think he said he would be in Wilmington this weekend.

Apparently there are a couple of good stores that I need to check out. I typically go to shooters, rileys and have also gone to "new state line" aka old glory. Out of the three I have only purchased a gun from old glory. The fact that I have only purchased one gun since moving to NH is really an embarrassment, but usually I am just buying ammo and taking the opportunity to look around as well. I've never had a bad experience at any of them. I felt like Old Glory had the friendliest staff as they repeatedly went out of their way to offer help and also just make friendly conversation. I'm a pretty quiet guy so its not like I leave a shop upset if no one talks to me, I just was pleasantly surprised by the friendliness of the staff there. Shooters' staff has also seemed friendly, including Jim when I've seen him hanging out in the ammo area. Shooters also has the largest selection and definitely the nicest store. Their prices are not usually the cheapest, but they seem competitive. I do understand how business works and that building that store and holding all that inventory costs money and I am glad that they made that investment. Its nice to be able to walk in and check out something you have previously only been able to see online. One thing that I find a bit unfortunate is that it seems as if they have adopted a four seasons style deli counter on their handgun section. Kinda sucks unless you're basically certain you're going to buy. Or maybe that's just me being awkward. Rileys seems to have the best prices, at least on ammo, though Shooters prices have come down some since they opened and I feel that the two are more competitive than they used to be. The umlaut place behind rileys is also pretty cool but seems expensive. All of their suppressors were at MSRP and it would be $300 to cerakote my AR even assuming it was fully disassembled.

Speaking of suppressors I am not sure where the best places to buy them in NH are because they have all seemed a bit overpriced. All of the suppressors at Rileys seem to be at MSRP. I have no idea what suppressors cost at shooters because its impossible to see the tags and there is never anyone over there. They have expanded their offerings, at least. I used to only ever see Gemtech but now I see AAC and SilencerCo. I ordered mine from Silencer Shop. After ordering them I did find a Saker at Old Glory for $870 which was about what I paid. So next time I will look there first.

Same for me, service has always been great. Rileys is often cheaper for ammo, but at either store I'm in heaven compared to Mass ammo prices.

Obviously you've been told something that's not true - but passing information like that as hearsay in public is probably not the right thing either. I would be willing to say that your State Rep. friend was confused at best. We never "game" our customers and it was a clear insult. I expect better from a party that I support. Jim

Instead of accepting the possibility of an employee being unclear or misspeaking about something, you think it's a good relationship builder and reputation booster to call people liars and name call potential customers?

Let me know how that works out for you.

Instead of accepting the possibility of an employee being unclear or misspeaking about something, you think it's a good relationship builder and reputation booster to call people liars and name call potential customers?

Let me know how that works out for you.

+1 for posting this before I could.

Best true claim that Jim could make is that he never sold NFA stuff at those prices and he is not aware of any such incident... he cannot be sure the story is false.

Loyalty to one's employees is a good thing... until it is pushed too far.

Jim, you were better off sticking with what you could actually know. Claiming you are sure that none of your employees could have possibly have done such a thing is a huge stretch, and taking shots at customers and an entire political party when you cannot truly know the facts is not smart.

Good luck.

BELMONT is the best no doubt about it. They have a huge selection, always stocked on ammo, they have a range and the owner Bob is a super nice guy unlike one of the worst shops in NH "Trader Johns" in Winchester where the guy is a total dink!

My apologies frenchy...

Shit, I'd like to get on the mailing list too! Brentwood is conveniently close to me.

They are a very small shop and they are just getting started. Stop in and say hi.

+1 for posting this before I could.

Best true claim that Jim could make is that he never sold NFA stuff at those prices and he is not aware of any such incident... he cannot be sure the story is false.

Can't one say the same about the inverse?

Back
Top Bottom