Best Glock sight upgrade? Also, recommend gunsmith for that in Middlesex area?

I'm looking to upgrade my G22 to newer sights (the old ones are getting kind of worn in back) and am considering night sights.

Would like recommendations for what to get and who to install them.

Send it back to Glock if you can afford the wait. They were charging $69 for brand new night sights. Not sure what the current price is. Don't send them any pre-ban mags.

I have both the glock factory set and the trijicon GL01 and like them both equally. Standard 3 dot setup, very bright at night.

Can't speak to a smith, but if you have the inclination can definitely be done DIY. I Dremel'd down a 3/16 ( I think ) driver to allow it to fit in the space required to remove and reinstall the front sight and used a press to drift out rear and reinstall.

Send it back to Glock if you can afford the wait. They were charging $69 for brand new night sights. Not sure what the current price is. Don't send them any pre-ban mags.

How much of a wait are we talking? (I would miss my G22 a lot. It keeps me warm at night.) [smile]

I love my Ameriglo iDot set up. I have the classic also. I like the single rear dot much better. They're crazy easy to see and pick up in low light and with only one rear dot it doesn't hinder your view of the front sight.

I stressed for a while on which night sights to install. Settled on Ameriglo Tru-Dots I picked up for $55, brand new. Easy to self install. I got the orange rear/green front. Steel, bright. Only thing I don't like is the slope on the rear, would have preferred a sharper edge for one handed racking
Runner up would have been Trijicon HD.
I also liked Heinie Straight 8's but the price and complicated install took them out of the running for me. Wanted to see a set of XS Big Dots in person, but that's the nice thing about sights....you can always replace'em.

Here is a G23 with Tru-Glow TG131GT1 sights. Love them. They are bright and glow in pitch black. Daytime is a bit harder to see, but the square outline works well.​

Log On | TRUGLO, Inc.

A sight tool and some locktite blue gets the job done. Youtube has great step by step videos.

IMG_4268.jpg IMG_4269.jpg IMG_4319.jpg IMG_4323.jpg

Last edited:
I have variation or another of these sights on all of my Glocks.

TACTICAL SERIES SIGHT SET for GLOCK® | Brownells

p_100003026_2.jpg

PM sent on installation as well.

Last edited:
Depends where in N. Central MA you are, you are more than welcome to use my sight pusher. I bought THIS and it took all of about 20 seconds to remove the sights off of my G22. Although, I have yet to find some replacement night sights at a reasonable price so let me know what you get for replacements and where.

I prefer a front night site and a plain black rear. I like the 10-8 Performance sights, with the 0.156 wide notch.

I wouldn't bother sending it away to Glock or some hotshot gunsmith to install sights. Installing sights on a Glock is caveman simple with a Glock sight pusher and front site tool. If you don't want to do it yourself, then find a local gunsmith you can drive to -- the cost of shipping for a 15 minute job is just silly.

I love my Ameriglo iDot set up. I have the classic also. I like the single rear dot much better. They're crazy easy to see and pick up in low light and with only one rear dot it doesn't hinder your view of the front sight.
+ 1 on Idot that's what I run on my 19 and 26 Drop me a PM they are easy to put on I have done a bunch.

These look really nice. Everywhere I look online is OOS, though, with no suggestion of a restock date. [sad]

I just grabbed some 6 month old Pro I-Dots for under $60 shipped. The guy sold his G26 and removed the sights from it. I'll post up some pics once I get them in and mounted.

I'd get those new Ameriglo Claw sights:

Home Page

And I'd have Lou put them on:

Custom 1911-Glock- M&P's

Edit: I would not send it back to Glock just to have sights install. It will cost you $70 to ship the gun.

Not if you use an FFL to do it. Not anywhere close. That said, I'd still just have Lou do the work, it'll probably be faster
anyways.

-Mike

Most of my guns have or had Trijicons, but I put a set of Meprolights on my G22. Honestly you cant go wrong with either company. Both are great quality with a white outline that helps sight acquisition in the daylight.

Originally Posted by 5-0<br />
Did you check Amazon?
<br />
<br />
That was the first place I checked. OOS for sure and no idea when, etc.<br />
<br />
Also, none of the places I've seen that &quot;carry&quot; them online say they'll ship sights to Mass. WTF? <i>Sights?</i> Really?

That disclaimer is BS. I got mine off of Amazon, and it had that disclaimer.... and no Haters, not because of any LEO exemption. :D

Not if you use an FFL to do it. Not anywhere close. That said, I'd still just have Lou do the work, it'll probably be faster
anyways.

-Mike

The sights are installed with the slide in a vice, so just send the slide. No FFL, no expense, no hassle .

dont send it anywhere, most gunshops worth anything down here in CT will do it with the purchase for free.

Back
Top Bottom