"Bernadinoscare 2015" megathread... post tales of woe here

FFL I talked to earlier in the day has said some of his distributors stock of AR-15s are getting wonky. The channel isn't dry yet but people are buying shit.

-Mike

wow, obummer starting a whole new 2nd wave of panic gun buying! way to go pres! way you "UNITE" our nation!

My gut feeling is most of this is going to burn off in a week or two because the fact that they are muslims got out and now its a tamping effect on the entire thing. No toddlers limits the memetic distance this can get dragged. The antis are disappointed because they can't sing a rousing chorus of save the orphans/children/etc. Toddler corpses get them the most mileage and there are none.

-Mike

Their usual arguments all sound wrong on this one.

"We need an assault rifle ban!" - the shooters ignored California's complicated AWB
"We need a no fly list ban!" - this too easily would become a No Muslim gun ban.
"Americans, guns are evil!" - Americans are saying, shit, I need to bring a gun to my holiday party!

- - - Updated - - -

wow, obummer starting a whole new 2nd wave of panic gun buying! way to go pres! way you "UNITE" our nation!

It was also just Black Friday. Hopefully that's part of it.

Had 3 people call me wanting to know how to get Gunzzzzz. These were people I invited to go to the range and they showed absolutely no interest in firearms or going to the range as my guest. They were always "Meh". They're scared. All I could do is explain the process and their reaction was "That's a load of crap! Why do I have to do all that? I just want a gun to protect myself." HELLO! I've been telling you about this for years....

Yeah, this is why I actually "like" it when we get the muzzie terrorist attacks.

Even my wife seems to have had a change of tune. When she hears the anti gun talk on TV and so forth - she starts getting all irate. We were at a 50th birthday party for a friend last night - and there's these two gay men that are in that crowd who are flaming liberals. One of them is a real instigator - and brought up the whole San Bernandino thing, because he's fully steeped in the liberal view of why that happened. I just kept my mouth shut - and let the wife lay into him about it. She was even saying stuff to him like " so are you still against guns now? You should be worried - they were attacking a government office for handicapped people - that's the kind of people they go after you know"

IMHO one of the biggest "wins" the gun rights community could have in this country is if we start getting terrorist attacks by Muslims that specifically target "women's issues" and things like gay rights parades.

If we get an attack like the one that happened in India a few years back - but this time it's in San Francisco and they specifically go after one of those gay rights parades where all the men are dressed up in leather and humping each other in the streets - well I think you're going to see a MAJOR conflict of interest on the liberal side of the political spectrum.

I say let the beatings continue until the attitude improves.

who cares? **** him. Let him start the civil war. I know I'm not going to stop owning or talking about guns, so let's get the confrontation going.

That's pretty much where I'm at.

I'm getting sick and tired of having this "conversation" - let's just fight it out and get it over with.

Liberals constantly use the "states rights was 'decided' by the Civil War" argument - fine, lets have it out on the gun issue. We'll win - and by their own logic that will decide the issue for all time.

- - - Updated - - -

FFL I talked to earlier in the day has said some of his distributors stock of AR-15s are getting wonky. The channel isn't dry yet but people are buying shit.

-Mike

Good - there's few things I want to sell - maybe now will be a good time.

That's pretty much where I'm at.

I'm getting sick and tired of having this "conversation" - let's just fight it out and get it over with.

Liberals constantly use the "states rights was 'decided' by the Civil War" argument - fine, lets have it out on the gun issue. We'll win - and by their own logic that will decide the issue for all time.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like the days of $1200 barebones AR's are coming back kids.....get yours before the price explosion

If you're worried about your blood pressure going through the roof do not click on this link or read the comments.

http://nyti.ms/21DrVpe

I clicked.

But...

I stopped reading comments at this:

[h=3]jb[/h] weston ct 2 days ago"...but when a mass shooting at home calls attention to laws that put guns into the hands of suspected terrorists..."

Nothing in the proposed legislation would have prevented those who committed the 'mass shooting' in San Bernardino from acquiring their weapons. They were not on a 'no fly' list. They were not mentally ill. They passed background checks. They were not 'suspected terrorists". They were not on the radar of law enforcement at all.
Once again you are using -pick the word you are most comfortable with- a 'mass shooting', a 'terrorist attack', or a 'tragedy' to advance gun control measures that, if in place, would have done nothing to prevent the incident you cite.
In the real world these are the facts; gun murders are down 49% from the early 1990's and the overall murder rate is approach 100 year lows.

• 79Recommend

If we get an attack like the one that happened in India a few years back - but this time it's in San Francisco and they specifically go after one of those gay rights parades where all the men are dressed up in leather and humping each other in the streets - well I think you're going to see a MAJOR conflict of interest on the liberal side of the political spectrum.

I say let the beatings continue until the attitude improves.

There already is a major conflict of interest on the liberal side. Blacks, illegals, gays, women and Muslims all under the same tent.

-Blacks are getting shut out of jobs by illegals willing to work their asses off for a couple of bucks a day. Theyre also in my experience one of the most intolerant groups of people in the US when it comes to gays.

-Gays supporting liberal politicians along side blacks and muslims.

-Women supporting liberal politicians along side Muslims.

An attack on any one of these groups will result in the gun getting the blame.

is faggotface addressing the nation or not?

I heard tomorrow night.

I bet you'll hear plenty on the Sunday morning shows today.

There are evil terrorists among us.....so let's turn in our guns.

Worked well for France

THIS is one message we need to get out there. Actually, most people I've talked to think this way already, including people you wouldn't expect, and law enforcement people.
FFL I talked to earlier in the day has said some of his distributors stock of AR-15s are getting wonky. The channel isn't dry yet but people are buying

My gut feeling is most of this is going to burn off in a week or two /QUOTE]

You're sending mixed signals, Mike.

Their usual arguments all sound wrong on this one.

"We need an assault rifle ban!" - the shooters ignored California's complicated AWB
"We need a no fly list ban!" - this too easily would become a No Muslim gun ban.
"Americans, guns are evil!" - Americans are saying, shit, I need to bring a gun to my holiday party!

This is all true. This is another bunch of messages we need to get out there. Again, I guess this already IS out there, but not on the media. We need to get on social media more. Eventually, the social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest) will force the other media to report it. I only do Twitter, so am doing that side of it.

I wonder if buying a handful of lowers might be a good investment.

There already is a major conflict of interest on the liberal side. Blacks, illegals, gays, women and Muslims all under the same tent.

-Blacks are getting shut out of jobs by illegals willing to work their asses off for a couple of bucks a day. They're also in my experience one of the most intolerant groups of people in the US when it comes to gays.

-Gays supporting liberal politicians along side blacks and muslims.

-Women supporting liberal politicians along side Muslims.

An attack on any one of these groups will result in the gun getting the blame.

You missed a BIG point here. Each of these groups ALSO have an interest in gun rights. We need to get people from all of these groups to support RKBA.

You missed a BIG point here. Each of these groups ALSO have an interest in gun rights. We need to get people from all of these groups to support RKBA.

Good point. One could argue these groups as a whole have been conditioned to expect Big Brother to take care of them. Self defense is by definition taking action to defend oneself. Im not sure if RKBA even enters their minds as a whole.

Good point. One could argue these groups as a whole have been conditioned to expect Big Brother to take care of them. Self defense is by definition taking action to defend oneself. Im not sure if RKBA even enters their minds as a whole.

You won't get them "as a whole". You need to reach them individually, and get them to start standing upas individuals FIRST .

2 days ago the guy in front of me at a local gun shop walked out with 3 ar-15s. I could see how this on a small scale could make supply trends look shaky. ammo was deep on the floor at regular prices and thats what i really care about. I don't want to adjust my shooting habits again

Is this really a thing? Are people buying them to arm themselves, or because "'bamer gon' take mer gerns!!1"?

You're sending mixed signals Mike.

I am but looking at it critically you see evidence of both sides and it's interesting to speculate as to what will happen, I think some of it is a fake buying surge; the post-sandy-hookmaster production cycles have wound down so its easy for even a minor surge to dry up the channel, throw in black friday and there's a perfect storm of sorts, but it hasn't quite gone FR. Still not a bad idea to lay in supplies as you can afford it next few months... as the election heats up that will drive buying alone.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom