Belt recommendation/discussion

Lots of info on holsters, not so much on belts. Going to be getting a couple of holsters soon, one for my Taurus 92, one for my M&P 9c. Does the belt matter on the type of holster, or are belts fairly universal, so long as they're good quality/construction? What's better for width, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75?

There are "gun belts" out there, but so long as its thick enough and sturdy enough any old belt will do. My belt isn't a "gun belt" its just a regular belt, but its a lot more thick than most normal belts. Get a thicker belt

1.75" is too thick for many pants. 1.5" is a reasonable compromise.

Different holsters are setup for different belt widths. Some kydex holsters have different clips for different belt sizes. I've gone with 1.5" for belt and holsters.

I recommend that you do buy a gun belt. If your belt is not rigid enough, some holsters just won't work. My belt is from Lou Alessi, but last I heard he was pretty backed up. You might try Rusty Sherrick http://www.c-rusty.com

These are a little pricey but I'm a big guy, 6'2" and about 270 (could use to lose 30) and work construction. I am hard on belts and am very happy with the two I got from
HERE

I have gun belts made by Mitch Rosen and Ted Blocker. The Mitch belt cost maybe four times as much as the Ted belt, and wears no better than the Ted Blocker. Both are great belts.

Belts

Transporter,

I make belts, single thickness bridle leather in brown or black. I order hides EXTRA long so I can cut almost any length. 1.5" is my top seller. Pop me an email for photos or check out my web site(s).

Andy

+1 for Beltman belts. I have the 1.5" double layer Bullhide in black and brown. Very happy with them. They fit great and a good belt makes all the difference.

+1 for Beltman belts. I have the 1.5" double layer Bullhide in black and brown. Very happy with them. They fit great and a good belt makes all the difference.

+2 for the Beltman. I have a couple of his belts. They are great for everyday wear.

If you're looking for a competition belt I'd go with the Safariland two-piece velcro system.

-Cuz.

Liger Gun Belt

Check out Liger Gun Belt

Link is here

www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=16

Product Warranty:

EDGYGEAR INC. extends a limited lifetime warranty covering all products against manufacturer’s defects including flaws in material and workmanship. Products covered under our warranty will be repaired or replaced at our discretion, free of charge. This limited lifetime warranty does not cover misuse, abuse, or normal wear and tear.

I have one and l can tell you it is A+
Bruce

Back
Top Bottom