• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Belchertown gunmaker pleads guilty to federal firearm violations

SPRINGFIELD — A Belchertown man who operated a South Hadley gunsmithing shop has pleaded guilty in federal court to charges that he illegally made and sold guns, falsified sales records, illegally obtained two machine guns and illegally manufactured a third.

Max T. Gaj, a part owner of Dark Horse Gunsmithing in South Hadley, accepted a deal and entered a guilty plea Thursday in U.S. District Court in Springfield.

Judge Mark Mastroianni is scheduled to sentence him in January.

Gaj, 29, was charged with illegal receipt and possession of unregistered firearm, selling firearms in violation of state and federal law, and failing to properly maintain records. He was also charged with two violations of the National Firearms Act: possessing firearms not identifiable by serial number and illegal manufacture of a firearm.

According to prosecutors with the U.S. attorney’s office in Boston, Gaj, a federal firearms licensee, illegally obtained two machine guns, including one that had no serial number and was untraceable, and a shotgun. He also manufactured a machine gun, which is not permissible under the National Firearms Act.

He also sold two Glock handguns in violation of state law, and falsified records.

He faces up to 10 years in prison, three years' probation and fines up to $250,000. Sentencing is scheduled for Jan. 21.

Wouldn't a gunsmith have an 07 FFL? This makes no sense. The Glock thing I get, Maura was probably chomping at the bit for that, but I though an 07 FFL can manufacture a machine gun?

Wouldn't a gunsmith have an 07 FFL? This makes no sense. The Glock thing I get, Maura was probably chomping at the bit for that, but I though an 07 FFL can manufacture a machine gun?
07FFLSOT can manufacture post samples but you must pay the Kings tax to do it.

I don’t get the charge about no serial number..
ATF states post sample machine guns need serial numbers. I’m positive Ma as well as ATF will jump on it especially if this guy didn’t have the SOT to build. He could work on it but not own it nor build it out without the SOT. There are some PDFs out there from the alphabet bois.

Lots of "opinions" about the green card needed, but if you are 07/SOT, have the green card, you make the MG, engrave the S/N, register it with NFA branch on a Form 2, done. Jack.
Don't need the green card IMO. How would you ever deal with that on the OEM level here in state?
**07/02 are necessary

Silly Peon, everyone knows there is only 1 Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla

BtlYJThIQAAEznh.jpg

He used to post a lot on Insta and FB, don't think for a second that ATF/FBI and Maura don't watch the internet for violations, including this forum.

That's why whenever someone here posts a "is this legal" question, we should always say yes, so when they get busted they can say the experts told them it was fine and they'll have an internet paper trail of their good faith attempt. You're welcome.

ATF states post sample machine guns need serial numbers. I’m positive Ma as well as ATF will jump on it especially if this guy didn’t have the SOT to build. He could work on it but not own it nor build it out without the SOT. There are some PDFs out there from the alphabet bois.
as an ffl they want all your stuff marked and you have a timeframe to get it done by. Just ask Stag.

There are tons of ways that he could be doing everything (basically) right and still get jammed up on minor procedural or small paperwork errors. Then the AG/ DA or whoever blows it up in the pres as to be the biggest thing since the Gardner heist.

without specifics it is difficult to know.

Q. where is the paperwork on this receiver, and why does it not have a serial number?

A. its a muffler pipe.

response: you’re going to jail! Call the news!

I dont understand. Almost every gun that started as an 80% doesn't have a serial.
If you're engaged in manufacturing as an FFL you better be engraving your shit. He probably was an 01 or some shit. Nobody gets an 07 w/o SOT unless they're a moron.

He used to post a lot on Insta and FB, don't think for a second that ATF/FBI and Maura don't watch the internet for violations, including this forum.
There are fusion centers in lots of commie states where all tbey literally do is sit around looking for stuff like this while mentally masturbating, your tax dollars hard at work....

Back
Top Bottom