Becoming a trainer in Home Firearm Safety-Advice Pls?

How would I go about learning more about home firearms safety and ultimately becoming certified as an a home firearms safety instructor. There are so many courses but I don't know if there's an actual route.
Since I am in EMS, I would likely have a ton of opportunities to teach this, and this would put a positive face on firearm ownership.

The Wonghammer

Contact the Massachusetts Gun Owners Action League (GOAL) and check into one of their NRA courses. More than a few of us have taken one or more of their courses.

http://www.thegoalfoundation.org/

Cross-X is one of the instructors and he and Jon Green put on a fantastic course. I like to pull C-X's leg every now and then but when it comes to teaching he is one of the best around.

Good luck!

NRA instructor certification is the most widely recognized civilian certification, and may be used to mail order the MA state certification. It's also very easy to get (one weekend and a couple hundered $$), and the pre-requisite is fairly basic firearms knowledge.

We don't charge anywhere near those prices.

We run the courses at a break even cost as a benefit to both club members and anyone interested in learning about firearms in general. Look around and you will find something reasonable in your area.

We don't charge anywhere near those prices.

We run the courses at a break even cost as a benefit to both club members and anyone interested in learning about firearms in general. Look around and you will find something reasonable in your area.

I suspect your mixing up the regular NRA classes with the instructor development seminars. The instructor seminars typically run 3 full days. After you get done covering your liability insurance, class materials, candidate packets and other expenses the $250-$300 that's the low end of the price spectrum is essentially a break even proposition.

I've already got a couple of people interested in becoming instructors, and will pick dates that works for everyone involved as soon as we find a few more. Since nobody is going to want to weekends over the holiday season or during the worst part of winter, I suspect it will be early spring. Anybody who's interested can email or PM me.

Ken

I suspect your mixing up the regular NRA classes with the instructor development seminars. The instructor seminars typically run 3 full days. After you get done covering your liability insurance, class materials, candidate packets and other expenses the $250-$300 that's the low end of the price spectrum is essentially a break even proposition.

I've already got a couple of people interested in becoming instructors, and will pick dates that works for everyone involved as soon as we find a few more. Since nobody is going to want to weekends over the holiday season or during the worst part of winter, I suspect it will be early spring. Anybody who's interested can email or PM me.

Ken

Thanks. Incoming PM.

Don't stop at just Home....basic pistol..basic rifle... and basic shot gun are all good courses!

I will - I have to - We all have to keep learning.

The home safety is for the EMS perspective. I believe it would give me opportunities to teach other medical people in counseling patients about keeping guns safe, using them safely, and away from inappropriate persons.

I was out shooting my pistol today. Getting better, and still learning about my new Walther P99. Today's trial and error lesson: don't let yourself ride the slide forward :)

You forgot to mention the cost of attending an out of town workshop to obain your NRA Training Counselor status.

Back
Top Bottom