Barska 8 - 32 x 44 swat extreme tactical.... Great scope for $260!!!!!

W

wolf223

i went against the grain in the optics dept for my Savage 10FP.

i went with this:

http://www.swfa.com/pc-6021-765-barska-8-32x44-swat-extreme-tactical-30mm-scope.aspx

from their website:

http://barska.com/swat.html

from my living room

DSCN0559.jpg

now i will be giggling like a little school girl until i try it out.

i just looked accross the street and the 32x is clear.

i did some research on optics talk and highroad.us & highroad.org.

for what i'm shooting, i went with this because the super sniper is NOT variable.

fit and finish are great!

i can't eFin wait to shoot it!

i think i will buy a second one for my next build. OMG! this thing is tata's!

[banana]

Last edited by a moderator:
you can check this one out in person tuff guy.

take a look-see for yourself.

i'm on vacation. shoot me an e-mail or call me.

[rofl]

all set. no trades.

i'm not going to mount it tonight. i'll wait until tomorrow to have something to do.

again, this scope is very very very nice!

[laugh]

range report will be posted in this thread sometime later this week / early next week.

the deciding factor was the reviews I read on MidwayUSA for me to go out on a limb and buy this scope.

SWFA seems biased towards non-US made scopes, but it's funny because one thread i read on optics talk went into detail on how "most" of our american companies scopes are manufactured and / or assembled in china!

WTF? LOL

Edit: i'm shooting .223 in a Savage 10FP i got used off another member. so this build is my "budget" project that kinda got the best of me. I'm still waiting for my bell and carlson stock to complete, total investment is about $500. so i'm happy.

i've been fondling this thing for a few hours.

it will hurt if i pop you over the head with it.

it almost feels like a mag-light flashlight. very sturdy!

so far so good

you rock chester.i'd be willing to take that nice new one off our hands to if you would like.i'll give it a nice warm home. lol

holy crap.

maybe i'm too excited, but the mil dots light up, and i just peeked out the window again and it's very very very clear!

i guess i'll mount it later today. i wish my stock was here to make it complete.

There once was a guy named Jay_Chris
Who was in a high state of bliss
He bought a new scope
It gave his shooting some hope
And now he will hit more than miss

[laugh]

well, i broke out the rifle and did a test fit.

rings are to high for my taste. now i will go out and buy some lower ones.

soooo much fun [rolleyes]

talk about raining on a parade. but the thing is clear! haha

well i got a one piece "low-mount" mounting kit from Bass Pro today and it did NOT work with this scope. the objectiv is too big [wink], especially with the 4" sundshade.

it wasn't too bad w/o the sundshade, about 1 / 8" off the barrel, but looking at it from the side, the scope was NOT parralell with the barrel (not sure if that matters), but it didn't look right to me. so i removed it. -again, slight OCD at work. plus i want the sunshade on there to try it out. -never shot with one before.

i placed a level below the action on my coffee table, and then on the elevation knob of the scope to get it level... looks good when i peek through it.

bad news: I broke one of my flip up scope covers and ended up ordering two new ones.

i stepped on it by accident.

it's good, just doesn't hold closed as the inner plastic ring that snaps shut is broken. for now, i removed the spring from the trap door to enable it to stay closed while stored.

hopefully i take it out tomorrow or Friday and zero it in. i really want to shoot it this week, i just hope i have time between now and then... -worst case, this weekend.

only to wait for my stock to do it again [rolleyes]

DSCN0562.jpg

DSCN0561.jpg

EDIT: everything is loc-tited in, but i really do want to find some lower mounts. i can probably rig some, but no more modifications until i zero it on the new stock.

HOLY CRAP... were you down in Foxboro??? I was there this afternoon!!! I bought the 1" mediums for my new scope ( A Busness 5-15x40 Legend) and i have the same problem... I need the high mounts for mine. the front reticle hits the barrel shroud on my M-1A

BTW.... I had those mags for you in my car!!!!..
With fly fly day coming fast Ill have to make a pilgimage... Maybe beginning of next week?

[rofl]

probably missed each other by minutes. i was back on the road before noon.

i was going to go up to milford on the way back, but got tied up. had to run a couple more errands.

i can come get them! do not worry... [laugh]

Does someone make a Picatinny rail that will fit? Wouldn't that give you some advantage to use low base rings?

Edit: Update on my project(not trying to hi-jack)

Ordered scope today Leatherwood 4-15x50 Top angle ATR with Mil-dot. Should be here Friday!
Still waiting for Harris Bipod to show up

Last edited:
i used these:

Leupold Standard Savage 10RH
52317, Matte
http://www.opticsplanet.net/leupold-std-1pc-1-piece-bases.html

Leupld Standard 30mm High Rings (.900)
49959, Matte

http://www.opticsplanet.net/leupold-std-rings.html

if i had a 40mm objective, i think they would worked fine. something 1 / 8" thinker that is rounded both front and rear of the action (on top) would have worked to accommodate the sun shade.

i'll mess it it, just not now. [laugh]

think i've pressed my luck for this week

i think the base was actually bent when it was mounted, i didn't tighten anything all the way, so maybe i'll tinker with it again.

this base was odd, the front half is rounded to accommodate the front scope mount holes, but the rear is flat. -strange.

the way the rings mount to the base is odd too.

Does someone make a Picatinny rail that will fit? Wouldn't that give you some advantage to use low base rings?

Edit: Update on my project(not trying to hi-jack)

Ordered scope today Leatherwood 4-15x50 Top angle ATR with Mil-dot. Should be here Friday!
Still waiting for Harris Bipod to show up

ahhh, no problem.

i think a merger is due, i'm posting more in milsurps thread than my own [laugh]

i should have posted this there to begin with...

I'm happy with Warne rings and mounts after trying so many different types on my 10/22 build and getting ok accuracy. Someone on rimfire central recommended Warne rings to me and they definitely worked.

I use them on all my scoped rifles now.

i used these:

Leupold Standard Savage 10RH
52317, Matte
http://www.opticsplanet.net/leupold-std-1pc-1-piece-bases.html

Leupld Standard 30mm High Rings (.900)
49959, Matte

http://www.opticsplanet.net/leupold-std-rings.html

if i had a 40mm objective, i think they would worked fine. something 1 / 8" thinker that is rounded both front and rear of the action (on top) would have worked to accommodate the sun shade.

i'll mess it it, just not now. [laugh]

think i've pressed my luck for this week

i think the base was actually bent when it was mounted, i didn't tighten anything all the way, so maybe i'll tinker with it again.

this base was odd, the front half is rounded to accommodate the front scope mount holes, but the rear is flat. -strange.

the way the rings mount to the base is odd too.

Sounds like the mount is for the older savages with the flat reciever.

Sounds like the mount is for the older savages with the flat reciever.

rep pooint for you sir.

now it makes sence why some of the rings said "round" or "flat" receivers.

live and learn.

i shot it today in the config above.

not bad, but having that scope that high sucks for me! especially beyond 100 yards.

now i know which rings to get!

i just can't wait to get my stock and shoot this thing for real! right now, it's like high school, when i'm looking for my D.O in shooting of course. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom